Greeneville vs Cocke County IMAC

KardzGuy

Barb, I'm just glad to hear from you. I know anything to do with Greeneville basketball that you will be here. So do you agree that the proof is in the pudding?

This thread has nothing to do with Greeneville basketball...sounds like a problem with officiating which unfortunately is an IMAC tradition. However, I guess you and that rookie hoopwhatzhizname need another reason to trash Billy D so, I'll just leave you to it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has nothing to do with Greeneville basketball...sounds like a problem with officiating which unfortunately is an IMAC tradition. However, I guess you and that rookie hoopwhatzhizname need another reason to trash Billy D so, I'll just leave you to it.

I must have missed something. Who is "hoopwhatzhizname", and what has he posted. What does he have to do with this string?

I absolutley agree with this comment! I have been around high school and college basketball my whole life, and i have never seen more hometown officiating then i have at Greeneville High School basketball games. It is a total embarassment that Bill Duncan has to get officials to win the games for him because he is not a good enough coach to win on talent

this guy

Yeah, he's been around HS basketball all his life but only on CoachT 1 day.

Last time I checked coachT is not the only website that talks about High School Basketball. And for your information I have not grown up in TN and just recently learned about this website. And I have been around the game my whole life and I was pointing out the fact that the refs at the greeneville boys high school games were the worst i have ever seen.

Last time I checked coachT is not the only website that talks about High School Basketball. And for your information I have not grown up in TN and just recently learned about this website. And I have been around the game my whole life and I was pointing out the fact that the refs at the greeneville boys high school games were the worst i have ever seen.

No, I believe you said "It is a total embarassment that Bill Duncan has to get officials to win the games for him because he is not a good enough coach to win on talent". That sir is a slam at the coach, not the officials. You obviously don't know anything about East Tennessee basketball is if that is your assessment of Duncan. Perhaps it would help if you looked into his background. The man was a college coach and Olympic coach before coming back to coach HS ball. You are way out of line with the above statement.

How long will teams allow the refs at Greeneville to steal games. It is embarrasing to be from Greeneville and watch the officiating in that gym. Anyone with any basketball knowledge or experience can look at the box scores alone and see what is obviously happening. Greeneville starts off 0 for 11 from the field, but goes to the line 16 times in the 1st half to only trail by one at halftime. Lets not forget that unless it's a shooting foul, we're not going to the line until after 7 fouls. For the game Greenevile shot 20 more free throws and wins by 11. This not only gives Greeneville more direct scoring, but changes the entire game by opponents having to bench their stars or starters due to questionable calling. This situation is obvious and I just wondered how others felt. In an earlier game, Bill Duncan stood on the floor and threatened a referee with his job. I was told by a Senior official that a lot of the guys are afraid to make calls against Duncan. I know that the Greeneville regulars will answer this with all of the "quit crying" and "sour grape" comments, but this is an obvious and legitamate situation that needs to be fixed.

For someone from Cocke County to get on here and cry home cooking is a JOKE. When Sullivan Central went to Cocke County that was the biggest joke of officials I have ever seen. But we didn't get on here and start and thread about it. They fouled 2 point guards out with touch fouls on the perimeter, while the 2 big guys underneath from Cocke County had a license to kill. If I am correct Cocke County shot nearly 50 free throws, (WHAT A JOKE), and we still only lost by 4. So I say JUST TAKE A LITTLE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For someone from Cocke County to get on here and cry home cooking is a JOKE. When Sullivan Central went to Cocke County that was the biggest joke of officials I have ever seen. But we didn't get on here and start and thread about it. They fouled 2 point guards out with touch fouls on the perimeter, while the 2 big guys underneath from Cocke County had a license to kill. If I am correct Cocke County shot nearly 50 free throws, (WHAT A JOKE), and we still only lost by 4. So I say JUST TAKE A LITTLE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hahahahahaha...this is good stuff. I was unaware that Kardzguy was from Cocke County. That being the case, I completely agree with the above statement. You can lose 10 to 15 points at Cocke County on officiating alone. Good thing Cocke County is horrible. Not only did Greeneville play their worst game of the season, but they are down this year. You on one hand, blame this on officiating. I blame it on the fact that your team is pathetic. I was under the impression that the ball was on fire every time your boys got it Kardz. And hoop"god", not only are those the trashiest posts I have ever seen in my life, they are completely incorrect. Bill is an excellent coach as Barb proved. Also, he doesn't recruit. The fact that guys come to play for him only proves the caliber of coach he is. So allow me to make a guess here. You are 16 years old and go to CC high school. Or are you just ignorant hoops? I bet you can guess. In fact, I doubt you were at the game.

In that game, Cocke County shot 47 free throws. Sullivan Central shot 40.

CC was whistled for 31 fouls. SC had 33.

It was a pretty evenly, tightly called game. It had to be - or there would've been a fight or two.

Friday's game was decently called too. There were a couple of head scratching calls/no calls...but they evened out. Cocke County lost the game by: 1) being unable to rebound. Had a couple of key possessions that led to multiple Greeneville offensive rebounds. Two possessions resulted in a combined 6 offensive rebounds and 6 Greeneville points. 2) Playing Greeneville's tempo in the second half. Cocke County wants to run and gun and shoot it 60 times a game, and Greeneville got them out of it and Cocke County didnt break 40 field goal attempts.

These two teams should have another good game in Newport in January. Not much separation in the boys league this year, as its a very down year for the league.