Top 10 In 1A

ptguard12

Tops In Class A

1. Jackson County (6-0) ??“ The Lady Blue Devils distanced themselves from the rest of the Class A field with a pair of very impressive wins this past week as they took down AA powerhouse Upperman by twenty-four and defensively smothered arguably the second best team in Class A in Clarkrange in a huge seventeen point victory. With these two lopsided victories, talk of an undefeated season and yet another gold ball can be heard all over Gainesboro. In order to attain that undefeated season, however, they will have to continue to win big games as they travel to AAA Cookeville on Tuesday before hosting Pickett County in a District 7A match-up.

2. Clarkrange (6-1) ??“ The Lady Buffaloes had no problem early in the week in dispatching AA Bledsoe County by twenty points. However, that game, or any of their other early season games for that matter, were able to prepare them for the kind of speed and defensive pressure they encountered against Jackson County, as Coach Rogers??™ girls fell to their district rival by seventeen. Despite the loss, Clarkrange is still arguably the second best team in Class A. The Lady Buffs will try to get things back on track this week in a pair of District 7A games as they host Clay County on Tuesday and travel to Monterey on Friday.

3. Richland (5-0) ??“ The Lady Raiders had a very uneventful week as they traveled to West Limestone, Alabama, and came away with an easy twenty-seven point win. This week could prove to be a little more challenging for the District 11A favorites as they open district play on the road on Tuesday against a youthful Moore County team who is, traditionally, very difficult to beat at home. Richland then finishes out the week as they take on fellow district opponent Huntland, in what should be a relatively easy game.

4. Westmoreland (4-0) ??“ The Lady Eagles opened District 8A play with a convincing forty point win over Watertown early in the week and then followed up that performance with a sixteen point triumph over AA White House. Everything seems to be clicking for this senior laden team as they will wrap up their six-game home stint this week with a district game against Mt. Juliet Christian on Tuesday and a Region 4A game against Red Boiling Springs on Friday.

5. Collinwood (4-1) ??“ The Trojanettes needed only limited production from star guard Abby Andrews this week as they easily knocked off a pair of District 10AA teams in Loretto and East Hickman by large margins. Collinwood now faces their toughest week of the year thus far as they dive head first into regular season play in the always tough District 12A. Up first for the girls in green is a match-up at home on Tuesday against inner-county school, Wayne County, in what is always a highly emotional and physical game between these two bitter rivals. Following that game is another tough district battle at home on Friday against a Perry County squad that returns all five starters from a year ago and is looking to prove themselves this season by beating someone credible.

6. Manassas (9-1) ??“ The Lady Tigers continued to roll this week as they grabbed a twelve point win over AAA Melrose, a twenty-two point win over AA Trezevant, and a twelve point victory over AA George Washington Carver. Manassas is getting it done on both the offensive and defensive ends of the floor and can attribute most of their success to the leadership provided by the very experienced backcourt duo of seniors Sheretha Butler and Larrisha Bell. The Lady Tigers have yet another three-game week this week as they start by traveling to AAA Melrose on Monday before hosting the 2006 Class AAA Runner-Ups, Memphis Northside, on Wednesday, and finally culminating with a game on the road against AA George Washington Carver.

7. Wayne County (5-1) ??“ The Lady Cats looked like a completely different team this week from last week as they struggled to pull out a five point overtime victory against a winless AA Hickman County squad. Wayne County will need to bring their ???A??? game, and them some, this week as they travel just a little piece down the road on Tuesday to take on their biggest rival and fellow District 12A opponent, Collinwood. Then on Friday, the Lady Cats will hit the road once against as they face another district foe in Zion Christian.

8. Forrest (6-2) ??“ The Lady Rockets rebounded from their loss to Richland last week with a eight point road victory over fellow District 9A team Van Buren County and a dominating twenty-five point win over a young Summertown squad. Forrest, who has played more games than anyone other then Manassas thus far this season, will have an easy time this week as they travel to district opponent Eagleville on Tuesday for what should be a fairly simple win.

9. Cloudland (4-1) ??“ The Lady Highlanders had only one game this past week, but it was a good one as they took down AA rival Unicoi County by five in overtime. Cloudland, who could be the best that the eastern most part of Tennessee has to offer in Class A, will have two games this week. Up first will be a game at home on Monday against a winless AA Johnson County team, which will be followed by another home game on Friday against fellow East Tennessee Class A team, Cosby.

10. Decatur County Riverside (5-0) ??“ The Lady Panthers solidified their top ten ranking this week as they easily dismantled a trio of Class A teams??”Hollow Rock Bruceton, Frank Hughes, and Huntingdon??”all by deficits of thirty points or more. The play of Riverside??™s four starting seniors??”Mitchell, Brasher, Garrett, and Davenport??”has been stellar thus far and has been well complimented by the play of Decatur County??™s equally strong underclassmen. These Tennessee River girls only have one game this week as they travel across Interstate 40 to take on AA rival Camden Central on Tuesday.

Best of the Rest: Madison Academic Magnet (11), Bradford (12), Middleton (13), Oliver Springs (14), Oakdale (15)

Class A Games of the Week

---Oakdale at Oliver Springs (Tuesday) ??“ This big District 4A match-up features the two preseason favorites this season for the district title. Oakdale returns all of their starters from last season and may be the most complete team in this district this year. The Lady Cats, on the other hand, return only two starters from last season, but have the superb Kayla Christopher who can single-handedly take over a game all by herself. Oliver Springs has owned this district since dropping down from Class AA. Can the Lady Eagles knock the Lady Cats off their pedestal?

---Wayne County at Collinwood (Tuesday) ??“ This traditionally heated rivalry game between these two schools from the same county is always a dog-fight. This year, not only is county bragging rights on the line, but so is early supremacy in the always tough District 12A. The mighty Collinwood backcourt duo of Abby Andrews and Lesley Daniel will try to carry the girls in green to victory over Coach David Byrd??™s Lady Cats team that returns four starters from a year ago, all of which are 5??™10??? or taller. Expect yet another classic battle between these two star-studded teams.

---Richland at Moore County (Tuesday) ??“ The reigning queens of District 11A, the Richland Lady Raiders, opens district play on the road against the past queens of 11A, the Moore County Raiderettes. Richland boasts a very experienced starting line-up with four returning starters from a year ago, including last year??™s district MVP, Rachel Glidden. Moore County, in sharp contrast, is in the middle of a youth movement as they are starting a freshman center and an eighth grade point guard at what many consider to be the two most important positions on the floor. To compliment their inexperience, the Raiderettes have the very athletic senior guard Vanessa Pincheon, who can take over a game if she gets the hot hand. It??™s the old versus the new and the experienced versus the inexperienced in this huge early-season District 11A battle.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one don't anticipate an undefeated season for Jackson County as they play serious competition. I think it helps a team to be humbled by some losses during the season as that is not the ultimate goal. Hopeful everyone stays healthy and March will be a fun time.

Good job ptguard12, your record speaks for itself.

Thanks again for the always knowledgeable rundown of the top ten. Forrest's record of 6 and 2 is somehow easier to bear when it's against the #2 and #3 teams......I hope Jackson County's loss is against us.....center court at the Boro in March 7Awatcher /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can dream early in the season can't I??? GO LADY ROCKETS!!!

Thanks again for the always knowledgeable rundown of the top ten. Forrest's record of 6 and 2 is somehow easier to bear when it's against the #2 and #3 teams......I hope Jackson County's loss is against us.....center court at the Boro in March 7Awatcher /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I can dream early in the season can't I??? GO LADY ROCKETS!!!

AuntKim, I was sure your Lady Rockets would be at the Mid-South Classic, but i did not see them in the teams that are scheduled to play /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , That would be a good test. They was there the year of the gold.

AuntKim, I was sure your Lady Rockets would be at the Mid-South Classic, but i did not see them in the teams that are scheduled to play /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , That would be a good test. They was there the year of the gold.Now I was referring to a loss in regular season, not post season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I for one don't anticipate an undefeated season for Jackson County as they play serious competition. I think it helps a team to be humbled by some losses during the season as that is not the ultimate goal. Hopeful everyone stays healthy and March will be a fun time.

Good job ptguard12, your record speaks for itself.

Wise Words from a Wise Man!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> This man knows bball.

I heard the TSSAA is thinking about letting every other region get together an All-Star team to represent each region at state this year. They believe that this is the only way to play with the all-star team of Jackson County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Kim, were you at the Richland game the other day? Some of the fans told me (i was not there) that Forrest showed a major lack of sportsmanship during the game with shoving players after plays, elbows thrown with the intent to injure, and some other stuff. Like I said, I was not there and I value your opinion. Anyone else who was there please comment too. Thanks.

Good luck to your rockets. Hope we do not see you again til 'Boro. That would mean we both won our region. Meeting at Substate just is not the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If I remember correctly, you started off slow last year too and came on strong at the end.

Hey Kim, were you at the Richland game the other day? Some of the fans told me (i was not there) that Forrest showed a major lack of sportsmanship during the game with shoving players after plays, elbows thrown with the intent to injure, and some other stuff. Like I said, I was not there and I value your opinion. Anyone else who was there please comment too. Thanks.

Good luck to your rockets. Hope we do not see you again til 'Boro. That would mean we both won our region. Meeting at Substate just is not the same. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If I remember correctly, you started off slow last year too and came on strong at the end.

Let me put it this way Jamie ( and I do not want to go into it ) only to answer you...Forrest is known for their sportsmanship...it has been mentioned to me many times how classy our team is. If you would like some details on this particular game, and I do have an opinion, please message me, as I do not like to get in negative discussions in the forum. It was a very close intense game from the beginning, Glidden is fun to watch and congrats to Richland on the win. Good luck to your team also Jamie!

Let me put it this way Jamie ( and I do not want to go into it ) only to answer you...Forrest is known for their sportsmanship...it has been mentioned to me many times how classy our team is. If you would like some details on this particular game, and I do have an opinion, please message me, as I do not like to get in negative discussions in the forum. It was a very close intense game from the beginning, Glidden is fun to watch and congrats to Richland on the win. Good luck to your team also Jamie!

Thanks Kim. I will message you. Take care.

AuntKim, I was sure your Lady Rockets would be at the Mid-South Classic, but i did not see them in the teams that are scheduled to play /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> , That would be a good test. They was there the year of the gold.Now I was referring to a loss in regular season, not post season /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I believe we are going to be playing at the Wayne County Christmas Classic in Waynesboro and are scheduled to play Collinwood and Wayne County.....Richland is going to be there also. Seems like if we go north to the Mid South classic or south to the Wayne County Classic, the teams are going to be top notch competition. The advantage to going to the Mid South Classic is I could stop on my way to Maine for Christmas...cause darn it I am going to miss Waynesboro /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> and my family won't let me skip Christmas /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Take Care.

I believe we are going to be playing at the Wayne County Christmas Classic in Waynesboro and are scheduled to play Collinwood and Wayne County.....Richland is going to be there also. Seems like if we go north to the Mid South classic or south to the Wayne County Classic, the teams are going to be top notch competition. The advantage to going to the Mid South Classic is I could stop on my way to Maine for Christmas...cause darn it I am going to miss Waynesboro /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> and my family won't let me skip Christmas /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Take Care.

I may have to get your ticket to Wayne County and travel southwest, post schedule when it is available.

Being a Yankee living in the beautiful south does have its disadvanatage /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Wise Words from a Wise Man!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> This man knows bball.

I heard the TSSAA is thinking about letting every other region get together an All-Star team to represent each region at state this year. They believe that this is the only way to play with the all-star team of Jackson County. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

boy you sure do whine and cry alot. you just need to let it go watch your own team play.