Porkchop article in Knox paper?

walkenvol

Have heard you Ktown folks repeatedly complain of the lack of wrestling coverage in the city rag. On the day of the SEC championship football game they had a reporter at Knox Catholic for an article on Porkchop. He hunted down the renowned Walkenvol for the inside scoop on the chop. How about someone posting the article to CoachT?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Matts a good kid. Im sure he like that article. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Good article...I personally do not know him but anytime the kids the recignition they deserve it is a good thing...now on another note: The competition was great.Tough group for the kids just comming out of football playoffs.It ran smooth just like last year....However,I for one am tired of being hollered at over the PA system to get into the stands even though you are leaning against the wall to video your son wrestling....The place is not big enough for t24 teams and parents...You cannot tape your kid from the stands if they are on mats 1,2 or 3 because everybody is always walking up and down the walk way to get to the concession stand or to go down and warm up for their match. If it was not for the competition that is there.I would care if we ever go back...2 yrs in a row it has been the same thing.....Great folks and run well but to small....I like to record our boys on the team without a bunch of heads walking through....Sorry for venting but I just got donre watching tje tape and I am very dissappointed

Matt is a hard worker and works all through the year. I know you love the attention though Matt /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />... who wouldn't?

You'll get Manly before it's over with! He's a tough wrestler.

Keep up the good work! (play less dodgeball!) /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Matt is a hard worker and works all through the year. I know you love the attention though Matt /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />... who wouldn't?

You'll get Manly before it's over with! He's a tough wrestler.

Keep up the good work! (play less dodgeball!) /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

/bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Have heard you Ktown folks repeatedly complain of the lack of wrestling coverage in the city rag. On the day of the SEC championship football game they had a reporter at Knox Catholic for an article on Porkchop. He hunted down the renowned Walkenvol for the inside scoop on the chop. How about someone posting the article to CoachT?

Thanks walkenvol. I have never met a man that can form such a good relationship with one of his son's strongest rivals. Says a lot about you /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> On the other hand I know you Big Red guys know that we host the Baylor Invitational for you disguised as the GIT LOL.

Correcting some info:article stated that it's the oldest tournament on two counts and both are wrong.

1) 25 years....... the GIT is in its 29th year

2) 25 years....... a wrestling tournament has been going on in Knoxville around this time for over 33 years, however at 3 different schools under different names. The ANIMAL can possible be more SPECIFIC.