Gordonsville @ Smith County

Stark1

Guest Termite

Well, now that the game(s) are over, what are your thoughts Z King?

The girls game went about like I expected......although G-ville does have a couple of girls that I thought would be a lot better than what they have shown so far.......

Kaci is....well Kaci. 1 Sr, 1 Jr., 2 Soph., and 2 Fresh. playing .....they will be OK.

The boys for SC played a good game. #11 played a great game. SC is very young in playing time....but of course you already know this. The 2 Srs and 1 Jr. have the only real floor experience. The center has no experience and played well against a taller, faster team. The 2-3 that came in from the bench gave some quality minutes also.

The Williams kid for G-ville is a player. I cann't decide if he had an off night against SC, or SCs scheme affected his play. I know he still had a good game , but something looked amiss........ at times he struggled or looked to be trying to do too much, or something........

The rematch is when??? This week or next. I would expect about the same, although I would expect Trey to make an adjustment or 2.

I think that playing against their old coaches was motivation for the SC players. What's you thoughts.

Well, now that the game(s) are over, what are your thoughts Z King?

The girls game went about like I expected......although G-ville does have a couple of girls that I thought would be a lot better than what they have shown so far.......

Kaci is....well Kaci. 1 Sr, 1 Jr., 2 Soph., and 2 Fresh. playing .....they will be OK.

The boys for SC played a good game. #11 played a great game. SC is very young in playing time....but of course you already know this. The 2 Srs and 1 Jr. have the only real floor experience. The center has no experience and played well against a taller, faster team. The 2-3 that came in from the bench gave some quality minutes also.

The Williams kid for G-ville is a player. I cann't decide if he had an off night against SC, or SCs scheme affected his play. I know he still had a good game , but something looked amiss........ at times he struggled or looked to be trying to do too much, or something........

The rematch is when??? This week or next. I would expect about the same, although I would expect Trey to make an adjustment or 2.

I think that playing against their old coaches was motivation for the SC players. What's you thoughts.

The girls could do a lot better. They just have had a hard time making some shots here lately. They had open ones, just couldn't knock them down. Coach Agee does a great job, they just are in a little bit of a slump, but they will rebound eventually and will still have a good year.

I think the Owls executed very well. We did a pretty good job on Wakefield of knowing where he was and helping out in the first half. The second half, we lost him alot and when we went man, our help side defense was terrible and no one was man enough to step up and take a charge on him or stop him from getting to the basket if he got by Williams. Starnes did a good job I thought handling the ball, he has improved alot.

Josh Williams is a player. He plays hard all the time and does everything you ask him to do within his power. He may have missed some shots he normally makes, but he still played good, and was at his average in scoring.

The rematch is the 18th, less than 10 days away @ Gordonsville.

I think the SC boys were a little more motivated than our guys were. I could be wrong, but they looked it, and I think some of that motivation may have came from wanting to beat their old coaches. It was kinda hard at first seeing those guys and not being on the same bench with them. But they are a good group, and were a lot of fun to be around. The group we are with now is a good group of kids to. Bottom line though, they wanted it more, and wanted to prove to us they were a better team, and they did. Congratulations Owls.

Z King, You guys seem to have a team that will be able to progress throughout the season. The offensive continuity for both teams looked a little out of sync still. I think the difference in the game wasn't "wanting it more" by one team or the other. I think SC was more fundamentally sound at this point. You guys inherited a team with a lot of work to do. That being said, There was a stretch in the 3rd that was like watching paint dry. Not good basketball at all. Snoozer. Good Luck in all but one more.

Yea the only player with any real experience in game situations was Vaden and he is sidelined

till Jan. probably..... Then Austin gets hurt in football and Hale last week. It was an uphill battle

in the first place before all the injuries. No true ball handlers, not alot of size, hopefully alot of

heart. Good Luck Tigers- Keep plugging....

Z King, You guys seem to have a team that will be able to progress throughout the season. The offensive continuity for both teams looked a little out of sync still. I think the difference in the game wasn't "wanting it more" by one team or the other. I think SC was more fundamentally sound at this point. You guys inherited a team with a lot of work to do. That being said, There was a stretch in the 3rd that was like watching paint dry. Not good basketball at all. Snoozer. Good Luck in all but one more.

Maybe I should have rephrased wanting it more. Our guys except for one and maybe another just aren't playing hard all the time right now. And your right, since we aren't very fundamentally sound, to make up for that right now, we need to atleast play hard or thats atleast what I think. But you were right about the third quarter. Real snoozer. I think we will be ok as the season progresses. If we can get atleast one of our guards who are hurt back, that will help out alot.

Guest Termite

imallin, I agree that Trey and Z did inherit a team with a lot of work to do. But, so did Stacy. The owls don't have but 3-4 kids with any floor time.....Remember they have 2 SRs, 3 Jrs, the rest are soph. and fresh with ZERO playing time.

Both teams are going through growing pains and will struggle at times.

Hey, I noticed evey Sanders in the gym Saturday night was dressed in blue.......except 1. But I didn't see which side he was on....I saw him in the hallway....wearing a gray sweat shirt with the SC on it.... Think you will sway him to put on the blue Z King?????????? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

imallin, I agree that Trey and Z did inherit a team with a lot of work to do. But, so did Stacy. The owls don't have but 3-4 kids with any floor time.....Remember they have 2 SRs, 3 Jrs, the rest are soph. and fresh with ZERO playing time.

Both teams are going through growing pains and will struggle at times.

Hey, I noticed evey Sanders in the gym Saturday night was dressed in blue.......except 1. But I didn't see which side he was on....I saw him in the hallway....wearing a gray sweat shirt with the SC on it.... Think you will sway him to put on the blue Z King?????????? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I dunno he's hard to per sway to do anything sometimes lol, but he does come over and practice with us every now and then, and I believe he sat on the Gordonsville side for a little bit, but for the girls game he was down there with Chris Nixon and some of his old teammates. Did you tell him he needed a hair cut when you saw him? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

But you are right about both teams needed a lot of work to be done. Stacy has done a good job over there. We are missing our one guy who had playing experience last season and that has hurt tremendously, but I'm not gonna blame our losing on injuries or lack of experience. They have had enough games under their belt now I believe to start stepping up and playing better. I believe they will eventually.

Hey Z King Smith travels over the river next Tuesday what you think about the second game between the Owls and Tigers? Have yall gotten any players back from injury yet?

I think the outcome will be the same, if we don't shoot the ball better and play a little more fundamental. We wont get any players back from injury until later in the season. One junior is out for the year with an ACL tear from football season, and the other is out atleast till Jan. 10th. Maybe we can get him back in time for the district tournament. Good luck against the Dragons tonight. I guess we will see ya'll Tuesday.