Alcoa vs > Goodpasture

peabodyftblfan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone moves their family to a town to attend a certain school that's fine because they become a part of the community. You will never convince me that is the same as the kids that go to a private to play sports. The Alcoas of the world don't win the same way as many of the Privates. It is so easy for the Goodpastures of the state to get 5 or 6 exceptional players each year to take them to the next level. Don't give me that crap about great coaching and hard work being the difference. Everyone knows that they work hard and have very good coaches, but they don't corner the market on that . Many community schools, who don't have acess to the player a few miles up the road, have equal work ethic and equal coaching. All some of these teams would need is a great running back from McGavock or a linemen from Antioch or maybe a receiver from Hunters Lane to go to the next level.

Sorry ddaddy that your team did not do well this year. I almost wanted to cry

Hey, Alcoafan72, been enjoying the pre-game posting as a CPA outsider but HS football junkie. You seem to be a huge Alcoa fan, but a reasonable poster. Curious as to your pick of the score? You may have already posted it but i don't want to go back and search.

I say 35-21 Alcoa.

I was thinking more 35-14, but I can live with 35-21

I'm a huge fan alright-I've been known to fly in from DC to catch a game and the only reason I'm not flying in this morning is because I have a Church meeting this afternoon. Plus I'm part of that Alcoa tradition since I played on the first two championship teams way back in the day.

I agree - you have to cultivate your programs from an early age. The Alcoa Tornadoes just loaded the bus for Murfreesboro with the entire high school and others sending them off from the high school, the bus then goes around the corner and there is the entire middle school lined up cheering them on - then you go down the hill to the elementary school and the kids are lined up around the entire elementary school for the team to come around and shake their hands!!!! Wow!!! Why would you not want to grow up to be an Alcoa Tornado!!! It starts with the peewees and grasshoppers - then middle school and high school. Alcoa has a long tradition of great players, great coaches and great community support.

Wow this is such a wonderful post. I can visualize the scene and it's bringing tears to my eyes...go Alcoa, bring the F5 and make history tonight /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I could live with 2-0 if Alcoa gets the W.

psssst MCW to tell the truth so could I /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I would like to share my thoughts and opinions on this particular post. As a mother of 2 sons, I was so excited because I knew that my sons from birth would be playing football, so when they were five years old, they did the T-ball thing then at age 6 did the basketball thing as soon as they turned 7, you better believed they were on that Alcoa Pee Wee's team (they didn't have grasshoppers at that time), they played for the Midgets and went on to play for the Middle School, one son went on to play his true sport which was soccer (as a mom I wanted him to be a football star but it was soccer that ran through his veins), but the other son went on to play for The Tornadoes and he has 3 Rings for his accomplishments as a team player. Some say it's in the water (Pistol Creek), all I know is that it's Great To Be An Alcoa Tornado!!!!

I say hey hey Big A, Let's Go All the Way!!!!

IMO: People see schools like Alcoa, Maryville, Goodpasture, and etc... and see they are good and they know how to win. So if there parents know their kids have the skill, they might move them to that community so they can play ball for that school so hopefully their kid could go play ball at a different level. This is not recruiting by the coaches, it is just kids want to play on a good high school team. I AM NOT saying Alcoa or Goodpasture does this cause I honestly dont know, they could just have "coaching and hard work. Alcoa has unbelievable talent and combined with tradition"(from mcwrestler) and they just kept on winning.

I say this because on the show two-a-days that ran on MTV, I believe the kid(Re-run) was his name not sure, his parents moved so he could play for Hoover, becuase when I kid excels on a great team they have a better chance at being looked at than a kid who is an all-star but his team is 4-6, 5-5 every year. IMO

Since Hoover is going through all those recruiting violations and their coach was recently fired, I don't think using Hoover is a good way to support your arguement. I'm not saying those teams recruit, that's just not a good example to use.

I agree - you have to cultivate your programs from an early age. The Alcoa Tornadoes just loaded the bus for Murfreesboro with the entire high school and others sending them off from the high school, the bus then goes around the corner and there is the entire middle school lined up cheering them on - then you go down the hill to the elementary school and the kids are lined up around the entire elementary school for the team to come around and shake their hands!!!! Wow!!! Why would you not want to grow up to be an Alcoa Tornado!!! It starts with the peewees and grasshoppers - then middle school and high school. Alcoa has a long tradition of great players, great coaches and great community support.

If you have never seen the send-off, you're really missing something. Even murvul can't do that. And, alcoafan72, the first time you experience it you do have tears in your eyes! You feel like you're about to bust with pride because you remember back to when you were in that elementary school and how you looked up to the older kids, and how you wanted to make them proud.

The first time I saw my oldest son on Goddard Field in a Tornado uniform, I really had to hold back the tears. After living out of state for 20 years, that's something I didn't ever think I'd get to experience.

THAT IS WHAT MAKES ALCOA WHO WE ARE.

If you have never seen the send-off, you're really missing something. Even murvul can't do that. And, alcoafan72, the first time you experience it you do have tears in your eyes! You feel like you're about to bust with pride because you remember back to when you were in that elementary school and how you looked up to the older kids, and how you wanted to make them proud. The first time I saw my oldest son on Goddard Field in a Tornado uniform, I really had to hold back the tears. After living out of state for 20 years, that's something I didn't ever think I'd get to experience.THAT IS WHAT MAKES ALCOA WHO WE ARE.

You are right about this. I remember the send off when I was in elementary and the basketball team was going to the state tournament. I was so excited to see Al Davis, Micah Marsh, and the the rest of the Alcoa team. There's nothing like that as a young Alcoa fan. My nephew is only 7 yrs old and he is so excited to watch his big cousin Cobb play tonight. Cobb gave him one of his gloves yesterday at the send off and my nephew even slept with the glove last night. He looks up to Randall and his uncle and he will hold all Alcoa's track records when he gets in high school.

You are right about this. I remember the send off when I was in elementary and the basketball team was going to the state tournament. I was so excited to see Al Davis, Micah Marsh, and the the rest of the Alcoa team. There's nothing like that as a young Alcoa fan. My nephew is only 7 yrs old and he is so excited to watch his big cousin Cobb play tonight. Cobb gave him one of his gloves yesterday at the send off and my nephew even slept with the glove last night. He looks up to Randall and his uncle and he will hold all Alcoa's track records when he gets in high school.

Honestly I believe he'll be faster than me, and he's pretty good in football also! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />