District 10AAA

fanchs

10AAA results from Friday night, December 21st:

Improved Kenwood held on to defeat Portland 57-55 in the Hendersonville Tourney. Briana Coardes led the Knights with 18 points with 4 treys. Kenwood takes on Siegel today at 2:30. I hope they have their legal uniforms with them for this game.

Rossview fell to Creekwood 43-25. The Rossview version of Red Hawks had trouble with scoring and turnovers. No Rossview player broke into double figures as Layne Rainey and Whitney Ford had 9 and 8 points respectively.

Dickson County held off a pesky Waverly Tiger team 50-43 in Waverly. Kelsey Hamilton powered the Cougar offense with 21 points including 6 three pointers. Amelia Downs tallied a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds while working her way back from three knee surgeries.

Does anyone know where Norteast is playing during the holidays? I don't see anything on their schedule.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickson gave a nice effort without two regular starters. Makes the win even nicer.

To the one with much viscosity:

It appears the Northeast girls may be participating in the FCA Roundball Classic at Brainerd High School in Chattanooga on December 27th to December 29th. But don't quote me on that.

Dickson gave a nice effort without two regular starters. Makes the win even nicer.

It appears the Northeast girls may be participating in the FCA Roundball Classic at Brainerd High School in Chattanooga on December 27th to December 29th. But don't quote me on that.

Thanks for the info, Rial. Please don't call me "slick," however.

The two regular starters will be back for the tournament at Smyrna. This should give Dickson some good depth. Other players stepped up and got good game experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Dickson County did pretty good at the Smyrna Xmas Tournament. They beat Gallatin and Cheatam County and played in the Championship against Smyrna. They lost to Smyrna but played them well. McClurkin lead Dickson with 15 points and one of the Smithson had 11.

Dickson held Dymon Raynor to 9 points.

Dickson played good enough to beat Smyrna.

I wonder if any colleges are looking at the McClurkin girl. She is strong and made some really good post moves and was able to score on the 6' Raynor.

Good Job Dickson

A bunch of road games are on tap in 10AAA this week.

Henry County is at Waverly on Thursday the 3rd.

Friday, Jan. 4th:

Northeast @ Independence

Rossview @ Gallatin

Dickson @ Hickman County

Kenwood has the home game on Friday, entertaining Brentwood.

The district schedule cranks back up on Tuesday.

The Tennessean said that Kamiko Williams did not play for Northeast. Does anyone know why?

Ms. Williams did not play in this game by doctor's orders. She had strained some tendons in her knee suffered during the Dickson County game in which she led her team to victory scoring 25 pts. I think the Senior Ms. Hamilton only scored 9pts.

Oh by the way, I do not see any comments on how the Lady Eagles are undefeated in 10 AAA behind the leadership of Ms. Williams. I see why she is highly recruited by the Hall of Famer Pat Summitt, and she is only a Junior!

Ms. Williams did not play in this game by doctor's orders. She had strained some tendons in her knee suffered during the Dickson County game in which she led her team to victory scoring 25 pts. I think the Senior Ms. Hamilton only scored 9pts.

Oh by the way, I do not see any comments on how the Lady Eagles are undefeated in 10 AAA behind the leadership of Ms. Williams. I see why she is highly recruited by the Hall of Famer Pat Summitt, and she is only a Junior!

The top two teams in the district are Northeast and Dickson.

Ms. WIlliams is a good player but that doesnt say much for the rest of the players getting beat without her.

Dickson has won a few games without starters this year.

I will give her credit she is very athletic and will do well in college.

justhoopin, I don't understand the defensive tone to your reply to a simple question asked by fiftyz. No one on this thread has said anything against Northeast or Ms. Williams. They are a talented team who have won a lot of games.

fiftyz asked a question all 10AAA girls basketball fans were wondering. I am glad she is back on the court as eveidenced by her scoring in their last game. Oh and by the way "The Sr. Ms. Hamilton" as you called her had 14 points against Northeast. Guess you should verify your info before posting.