Shadowens leaving

LSMFT

Shadowens is a Smyrna alum isn't he? However, with two straight championships his name will start coming up for coaching vacancies. He could definitely see some very lucrative coaching offers come his way...as he should. I'm sure his market value jumped a few thousand dollars over the last couple weeks. That's something Smyrna will have to deal with.

MTCS is definitely a school to keep an eye on in the future. Private school without any real competition for student athletes in the immediate area. If they commit to playing big time football I could see them swapping blows with MBA and BA in just a few years. I just don't see Shadowens going there though.

MTCS will NEVER compete in DII while I am below 50 years of age........they were in the boro in the 80's ....they aren't that new.....the biggest thing you have said here is that I can open up a DII in Rutherford Co. and I get the MAJOR athletes...is this true????

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTCS will NEVER compete in DII while I am below 50 years of age........they were in the boro in the 80's ....they aren't that new.....the biggest thing you have said here is that I can open up a DII in Rutherford Co. and I get the MAJOR athletes...is this true????

you do know that MTCS plays in 1A dont you...they are in the same region as eagleville i believe

• 2 weeks later...

where did u see that at i just looked at dnj and there is nothing talking about it

Go to the bottom of updates and click for more updates:

Shadowens already looking forward to Smyrna's next season

SMYRNA ??” It's only a little more than a month since Smyrna defeated Independence in the TSSAA Class 5A BlueCross Bowl, but already coach Philip Shadowens has moved on ??” to next season, that is.

???We expect to compete for another state championship next year,??? he said. ???That??™s a process that takes a whole year of preparation for, and that??™s what we??™ll start on next week. We??™ll start our after-school offseason program beginning next week and we??™ll start working toward getting better one day at a time, like we always have."

Shadowens recently talked Middle Tennessee Christian School (he has two daughters who are students there) about taking over that school's three-year-old program following the departure of Eddie Bassham. He endorsed the MTCS job as ???a great opportunity for whoever takes it??? but decided to stay at Smyrna, where he graduated in 1985 and where he has produced unprecedented success during his 14 seasons as coach.

???It??™s always been the same for me since Day One, when I was 26 years old,??? he said. ???I remember telling Mr. Raikes that, ??