DB vs Jeff County

myfeethurt

I just got back from DB / Jefferson County games. DB is going to have a rough time winning big nine. JV girls were terrible one mistake after another, looked like they did not want to play. Varsity got beat by two jefferson county players, a great little point guard and a good solid wing, they looked like they were playing in their back yard with no one around. DB put no pressure on ball except last part of game of game. DB does not have a guard or wing that is an offensive threat by penetrating lane. At one time after Head fouled out they had two posts trying to get the ball down court. The little Head girl has a quick first step and can hit layups if she beats someone down court, but i never saw her drive the lane and she got ate up by jeff countie's guard. For DB everything is designed to pass inside to post or a three point attempt every now and then. Any team with a little speed and a couple of good ball handlers that can penetrate will give DB trouble. I am afraid TN High, South and Science Hill games will be ugly. On the bright side Frolich and Osborne had a great game.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from DB / Jefferson County games. DB is going to have a rough time winning big nine. JV girls were terrible one mistake after another, looked like they did not want to play. Varsity got beat by two jefferson county players, a great little point guard and a good solid wing, they looked like they were playing in their back yard with no one around. DB put no pressure on ball except last part of game of game. DB does not have a guard or wing that is an offensive threat by penetrating lane. At one time after Head fouled out they had two posts trying to get the ball down court. The little Head girl has a quick first step and can hit layups if she beats someone down court, but i never saw her drive the lane and she got ate up by jeff countie's guard. For DB everything is designed to pass inside to post or a three point attempt every now and then. Any team with a little speed and a couple of good ball handlers that can penetrate will give DB trouble. I am afraid TN High, South and Science Hill games will be ugly. On the bright side Frolich and Osborne had a great game.

I'm afraid you're right, they have not played any good big nine teams yet and got beat by a mediocre jeff county. For all the size and talent DB has they are not to impressive. Have yet to see a team leader step up and fire our girls up, but season is young.

Can anyone from DB update us on the France girl? The two teams spent quite a bit of time together this summer at Camps, and the Jeff County players were upset to hear she had collapsed in the post game locker room.

Hopefully she is back to normal!

yeah, please, somebody give us an update.

And while we are on the subject, just saw the latest Wellmont tv show, and they did a great piece on the player from Sullivan North who was nearly killed in the car wreck last year, a remarkable recovery for this strong young lady, and another example of the fine young people we have in this area.

Can anyone from DB update us on the France girl? The two teams spent quite a bit of time together this summer at Camps, and the Jeff County players were upset to hear she had collapsed in the post game locker room.

Hopefully she is back to normal!

I heard she was in hospital a few hours for observation and released. Don't know if will be back to playing soon or not, anyone else know anything?

yeah, please, somebody give us an update.

And while we are on the subject, just saw the latest Wellmont tv show, and they did a great piece on the player from Sullivan North who was nearly killed in the car wreck last year, a remarkable recovery for this strong young lady, and another example of the fine young people we have in this area.

North played Happy Valley last night and Marissa dressed and played about 2 minutes. She also got to play 11 minutes last Saturday. I was impressed with her movement and was told she normally moves a little better, but she was tired. She still has a very long road, but is doing very well.

I'm afraid you're right, they have not played any good big nine teams yet and got beat by a mediocre jeff county. For all the size and talent DB has they are not to impressive. Have yet to see a team leader step up and fire our girls up, but season is young.

DB beat itselve. Got the ball inside (high/low) early and often. JC backed off the high girl then DB became impatient. With a couple of reversals we could have fed it all night. Hopefully we'll use this non conference game to help us be alittle more patient.

DB beat itselve. Got the ball inside (high/low) early and often. JC backed off the high girl then DB became impatient. With a couple of reversals we could have fed it all night. Hopefully we'll use this non conference game to help us be alittle more patient.

The reason we're impatient is because if the inside game is not working we have no game. Who is a threat to consistently score from outside or drive lane to pull defense off inside girls? I've seen all DB games this year including Chop House, if its not done inside its over. France has enough girls to go with a little speed and ball control and taking it to hole if necessary. Playing all game with a plan that is not working will kill us against any good team. Patience is good, but while your patiently waiting on plan to work game clock is ticking. If you saw jeff county game who do we have that can control the game like their little guard (no. 10) and their wing (no 12)? The 46 - 43 score was not indicative of the game, that was from finally playing a little defense and closing a 9 - 10 point defecit in last couple of minutes. I hope we win all our conference games but waiting on 2 - 3 posts to get down floor will not beat the good teams.

I doubt that /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> homer

Well, my guess is they'll be region 1 champs again this year King Baby /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />