Dyer Co. @ Gibson Co.

GCPioneer

Dyer Co. (8-1, 1-0) comes into this game winning and winning at will! Gibson Co. (1-3, 0-1) comes into the game Tuesday night on a bit of a losing skid...Gibson Co. played with Dyer Co. in all 3 games last year beating them once WITHOUT Justin Blake 75-71, losing twice with Justin Blake 54-68 and 44-61 in what was a closer game that it showed...This year Dyer Co. returns EVERYONE! While Gibson Co. did lose some Seniors we are still pretty deep on the bench and that shows as people scored in the Obion Co. game...Gibson Co. usually get's up for this game as Dyer Co. has a target on their back as the best team in 13AA and 7AA last year!!! Does Gibson Co. pull an upset or will Dyer Co. run away with this one like they have the past few games??? Keep this thread clean, Good Luck to both teams!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My questions for this game:

1. How well can Gibson Co handle DC's press?

2. Can GC establish an inside game?

3. How well will DC attack the zone?

4. After scoring 111 against Crockett last game, will DC experience a let down on the road?

My answers:

1. Probably better than Crockett, but not as well as Covington.

2. If GC is disciplined enough to make the extra passes after finally getting the ball into the fore-court. You don't want to get into a battle of 3's with DC.

3. This phase of DC's game has been improving every game. Coach said that this has been a special empasis of practice for last week or so. With 6 DC players averaging double fiqures, I can't see GC trying to go man against DC.

4. When your fans out number the home team, is it really an away game?

DC by 15....

My questions for this game:

1. How well can Gibson Co handle DC's press?

2. Can GC establish an inside game?

3. How well will DC attack the zone?

4. After scoring 111 against Crockett last game, will DC experience a let down on the road?

My answers:

1. Probably better than Crockett, but not as well as Covington.

2. If GC is disciplined enough to make the extra passes after finally getting the ball into the fore-court. You don't want to get into a battle of 3's with DC.

3. This phase of DC's game has been improving every game. Coach said that this has been a special empasis of practice for last week or so. With 6 DC players averaging double fiqures, I can't see GC trying to go man against DC.

4. When your fans out number the home team, is it really an away game?

DC by 15....

i feel the same... except i pick DC by 40 or so.

rex pierce is, you guessed it, a transfer form dyersburg. (not that im downing transfer students by any means. im very appreciative that he came to play at our school). he played at dyersburg last year and was pretty good. i remember playing against him in middle school. good times, good times.

GCPioneer , where do you get 8-1 from? the hall of fame game that we lost to liberty doesnt have to count on our schedule since its a hall of fame game thats the way ive understood it.

Dyer Co. shouldnt have a problem with this one. DC by 20-30

I think DC wins by a large margin! 30 or so. Who is this Rex Pierce guy from DC? I havent heard of him until just recently?

Isn't he the guy that, in 2 and 1/2 years of high school, has attended Dyersburg and then Dyer County and then alternative school and then Dyersburg and now Dyer County?

eh, lets stay on topic jap...don't want to ruin this thread into something that is nothing to worry about as it is cleared by the TSSAA...I can see Gibson Co. coming out in a 2-3 matchup zone and hopefully catch DC on a cold night...Gibson Co. has been playing pretty down the past few games and hopefully they'll come away with a big District win tomorrow night!!! Gibson Co. will have to come out on fire and hitting on all cylinders if they want to pull it out!!!

brutalchoctaw, you don't have to count it if you don't want to...the way I have seen it over the past few years is if you win you count it if you lose you don't count it...it makes no difference to me, in a way it would help a team because it wouldn't have that undefeated mark on their backs...Dyer Co. we'll say is 8-0 if you prefer it that way...maybe Gibson Co. can knock them from the unbeatens!!!! Good Luck to both teams!!!