Claiborne back on track!

ClaiborneBall

I'm confused---If nickell is the best player Claiborne's got, why IS the coach playing her in JV games? If this was covered in a past comment I apologize fo not seeing it.

Can someone please answer some questions about the Claiborne situation. I asked specific questions on another thread but I recieved no answer there either. I keep hearing such horrible things about the Claiborne coach but no one is willing to give specific details about what she did to "run off" numerous players. I don't know the Claiborne coach - I have never seen her coach and actually I don't even know her name - but to "force" so many kids off a team she must have done something monstrous. Please give me some specific detals of what she has done. And please don't just say she yelled at kids or that she singled some kids out. For so many good athletes to quit it must be more than that (at least I hope so).

Bottom line - why would this coach want to "unfairly" run off so many good athletes when it is against her best interests to do so. THIS JUST DOESN"T MAKE SENSE TO ME. CAN SOMEONE IN THE KNOW PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibbs is a very strong girls team this year, but I'm sure that is Coach Cook's fault too and all us lucky fans will get to hear all about it after the game. Also, it's about time the other girls started helping the best scoring threat on the court out a little.......Folks, this is really getting old listening to your whining about the coach being the reason the girls aren't very good.....Hall was a solid player, but maybe there were other reasons Parkey stepped down besides just watching a little college basketball......I know that you'll never admit that though....Point fingers and blame the coach, you can always count on that from disgruntled parents who try and live vicariously through their kids...what a culture we've become.....kudos to the girls who have stuck it out and to the parents who try to teach that there is valor in dealing with adversity in life.....by the way, I hated my HS coach, but quitting was never an option......go ahead attack me, it's probably my fault too that Claiborne is down this year......

Lets clear something up "chill" I suggest that you figure out reasons that these girls quit before going and blaming it on other things. I particularly know ALOT about the situation. Its pretty easy to point fingers and blame in on the coach when it is COMPLETELY her fault..And as for Parkey, if he were still coach everyone who has quit would be playing and our record would be looking alot better. Disgruntled parents? hmm.. Id say so if their kids are pointed out disgruntled isn't even the word for it. I would say the other parents aren't too disgruntled because all the players quit so their third string children are getting to play! There would also be alot of other players quit, and Im only giving it time before they do.. a person can only take so much. And before you go defending someone, you need to know the whole story!

Disgruntled what great way to say I'm not getting my way. I don't know what the real problem is with this team. If the coach is that bad why don't all the players quit. I don't want to hear that crap about being 3rd stringers being happyabout playing.

The majority of the talented players have quit and from what I understand there are a few more getting ready to leave the team as well. It may sound like a bunch of crap to you, but the truth is, that a lot of the girls on the team now would have never seen the varsity bench much less get any playing time. I'm not knocking the players, most of them are just very young and haven't matured enough physically or mentally to play at the varsity level and shouldn't have been forced into this situation. If Cook hadn't ran off all her talent, the team and the girls program wouldn't be in the shambles that it is in. I hope she is proud of the job that she has done, not only here but at Union Co. as well. It takes a lot to singlehandedly destroy one program much less two in two years.

Lets clear something up "chill" I suggest that you figure out reasons that these girls quit before going and blaming it on other things. I particularly know ALOT about the situation. Its pretty easy to point fingers and blame in on the coach when it is COMPLETELY her fault..And as for Parkey, if he were still coach everyone who has quit would be playing and our record would be looking alot better. Disgruntled parents? hmm.. Id say so if their kids are pointed out disgruntled isn't even the word for it. I would say the other parents aren't too disgruntled because all the players quit so their third string children are getting to play! There would also be alot of other players quit, and Im only giving it time before they do.. a person can only take so much. And before you go defending someone, you need to know the whole story!

I agree. Our team has played Claiborne County for years. This is the first time that we have beaten them in years. I can say without a doubt that if Parkey were still coaching, this team would be much better. The players and opposing coaches know this.

I agree, lets not accuse or blame players or coaches of anything unless we have all the facts. The problem is, no matter how many times I ask for SPECIFIC actions committed by Claiborne's coach to run off all her talent I NEVER get a response. Please don't just tell me that the coach just yelled at girls, give me particulars as to why she has "run this team into the ground". From the lack of responses to my questions, I am actually starting to think that the problem may just be that the players/parents are a little thin-skinned. Please prove me wrong by answering these specific questions:

1) What was the coach's prior situation at Cooke County (I think)? Was she fired or did she leave to take the Claiborne job?

2) Did a lot of players quit at Cooke County? If so, specifically how many and were they upper or lower classmen. Specifically why did they leave the program.

3)If this coach left Cooke Cty in shambles (just the impression I get from other posts) why was she hired at Claiborne?

4) How many years was this coach at Cooke Cty and what was her overall record?

5) How many players have quit the Claiborne varsity and what grades are they in? How many of these players were starters from last year?

6) What are some SPECIFIC complaints about this coach since being at Claiborne. Don't just tell me she was picking on some players or yelling at them. I find it hard to believe that veteran players would leave a team just for this.

7) Does the Claiborne administration support this coach? Has the administration given any indications that this coach will be with the team next year?

I don't expect someone to answer all of these questions, but some specifics would be nice. If no one comes forward, I will have to assume that the situation may not be the entire fault of the coach.

I agree, lets not accuse or blame players or coaches of anything unless we have all the facts. The problem is, no matter how many times I ask for SPECIFIC actions committed by Claiborne's coach to run off all her talent I NEVER get a response. Please don't just tell me that the coach just yelled at girls, give me particulars as to why she has "run this team into the ground". From the lack of responses to my questions, I am actually starting to think that the problem may just be that the players/parents are a little thin-skinned. Please prove me wrong by answering these specific questions:

1) What was the coach's prior situation at Cooke County (I think)? Was she fired or did she leave to take the Claiborne job?

2) Did a lot of players quit at Cooke County? If so, specifically how many and were they upper or lower classmen. Specifically why did they leave the program.

3)If this coach left Cooke Cty in shambles (just the impression I get from other posts) why was she hired at Claiborne?

4) How many years was this coach at Cooke Cty and what was her overall record?

5) How many players have quit the Claiborne varsity and what grades are they in? How many of these players were starters from last year?

6) What are some SPECIFIC complaints about this coach since being at Claiborne. Don't just tell me she was picking on some players or yelling at them. I find it hard to believe that veteran players would leave a team just for this.

7) Does the Claiborne administration support this coach? Has the administration given any indications that this coach will be with the team next year?

I don't expect someone to answer all of these questions, but some specifics would be nice. If no one comes forward, I will have to assume that the situation may not be the entire fault of the coach.

She coached at Union Co. She had the same situation there. Alot of the girls also quit there, I don't know the situation as to why there, all I know is that the people I have talked to were extremely glad to get rid of her. As for why she was hired here when she left Union Co. in the mess it was in, I have no idea. Thats a question we find ourselves asking the administration. She was coach at Union for two years(I think) and only won like 2 district games. Seven girls have quit the Claiborne Varsity team since she has been hired. Four of them would start. Im not getting into all the details about what she did to these girls, but just know that your right, and no veteran player would quit after getting yelled at. These girls have definately been hurt! I don't know about the administration supporting her, I do know that if she had anything about her, she would step aside. If she wouldn't do it for the sake of embarassment, you would think she would for these kids. I hope I have helped answer some of your questions.