Future Cookeville coach?

cav32

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cookeville wants to win and have a coach who is committed to stay there, they should go back and offer the job to Butch Chaffin. The only problem is that he might not accept it since he was treated so disrepectfully the first time he held it. He is a man who loves the game and would not leave the job anytime soon.

Butch Chaffin would be the best man for the job. I would not blame him for not considering it after the way he was treated the first time around. In my opinion Butch is one of the better baseball minds in this area. He would be a tremendous asset to the Cookeville program.

Your all right about Chaffin being a great coach but it doesn't matter what people tell him because he will not coach at Cookeville again. He built a great program in his era but he has his reasons not to coach again and I respect his decision. Coach Kennedy is staying as long as he can to help decide who will be the new coach and he will make sure that only a top notch coach will take his place.

Guest Jerry16

I HEARD AT THE PARKS LAST NIGHT THAT BEECH ASST. COACH SCOTT HUNT HAS APPLIED FOR THE COOKEVILLE JOB. HE WAS HEAD COACH AT LEBANON HIGH SCHOOL. ANYONE ELSE KNOW WHO APPLIED? I PLAYED AT COOKEVILLE FOR COACH SWALLOWS MY SENIOR YEAR. ANYONE KNOW WHO ELSE IS IN THE RACE? DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT SCOTT HUNT? WHAT ABOUT BUTCH CHAFFIN?

I have talked to Coach Kennedy and Coach Shanks (CHS principal) and they both are trying to review all the candidates before telling who has applied and who are the front-runners for the job. All I know is that many coaches are interested but I dont know who or where they are from.