TNFCA ALL-STATE?

onewaytoplay

Ward comes to Camden in 04 goes to meeting 1st year west tn has anyone on team 2 from Camden. 2003 Htown plays state championship nobody on team. 2005 12 players only 6 teams 2 from each oh by the way Camden 2 players 2006 Camden 2 players 2007 Camden 1 player do you realize that Camden has had more All State players combined than all the teams that have won the State championships during those years. I beleive Camden and Lewis Co have more players than any other school since they started this All State team. Also Memphis schools must not have any athletes in any of the classes because they are not represented very often on these teams. I think 2 kids from Whitehaven made it in 5A. Memphis schools dont have many D1 players coming from there? Last year JCS wins 1A title nobody on team, this year Trenton and Hickman Co 2 players and Alcoa 1

Am I missing something hasnt Alcoa been winning state for last few years. With all the all state players some of these schools have had they need a new coach not winning a state championship or even a region title some years when they have 2 all state players and nobody else in there region even has 1.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your coach still has to be there to vote. Nominations with no representation cuts down players chance for votes. If they want to make it worth while take the all region teams from each region compile list send to coaches in that classification and let them vote include stats and info on each kid at least then it would have a little more meaning. It is not very accurate the way it is done now. Or have each region put list together of best two or three at each position and make list to be voted on from that. Send ballots to each coach in classification and vote they could even set it up on line and have coaches log in and vote.

Lions4ever....

I told ya'll who would have 2 members on this year's team.. Go back and check.. Where is Tracy Mayes from Goodpasture? Did the kid from Adamsville get his spot?

Lions4ever.. Before you get on here and badmouth me and say I think everyone should follow goosestep in line with me you're dead wrong again.. Crews from LC.. Probably a legit all state player. The other kid, probably all region at best. Trevino Moore from Milan not on list.. Isn't he all state caliber? What about Harrison Moore from Westview? He never came off the field. Definitely an all state player... Josh Aldridge from JCS... Big time player who will be all state for sure...

I have no ill will toward anyone but I just can't see why others across the state don't stand up and ask why the association even bothers with this team. I've seen plenty of talent over the years and to see players placed on an all state team that have no business on there is strange. To be all state you have to be good. You have to stand out above the others on the field. Horton from Camden is one of those players. Some of these players on this years team and in years past are amusing to say the least.

I will open your eyes for you if you will read this last comment.

How about coaches not being able to nominate their own players. Don't you think that would be fair? Try to get more than 7-8 schools on the team out of 58 teams in 2AA ball. Try not to put 2 players from the same school on the 12 man squad every year. Are they gasping for players when the last 2 spots have to be filled? Lewis County has good players but to have 2 players make all state every year is a sham on the TFCA team...

Have you got any suggestions that would give this team validity? I'm sure we'd like to hear your ideas on this or do you think this is good the way it is?..

Lions4ever....

I told ya'll who would have 2 members on this year's team.. Go back and check.. Where is Tracy Mayes from Goodpasture? Did the kid from Adamsville get his spot?

Lions4ever.. Before you get on here and badmouth me and say I think everyone should follow goosestep in line with me you're dead wrong again.. Crews from LC.. Probably a legit all state player. The other kid, probably all region at best. Trevino Moore from Milan not on list.. Isn't he all state caliber? What about Harrison Moore from Westview? He never came off the field. Definitely an all state player... Josh Aldridge from JCS... Big time player who will be all state for sure...

I have no ill will toward anyone but I just can't see why others across the state don't stand up and ask why the association even bothers with this team. I've seen plenty of talent over the years and to see players placed on an all state team that have no business on there is strange. To be all state you have to be good. You have to stand out above the others on the field. Horton from Camden is one of those players. Some of these players on this years team and in years past are amusing to say the least.

I will open your eyes for you if you will read this last comment.

How about coaches not being able to nominate their own players. Don't you think that would be fair? Try to get more than 7-8 schools on the team out of 58 teams in 2AA ball. Try not to put 2 players from the same school on the 12 man squad every year. Are they gasping for players when the last 2 spots have to be filled? Lewis County has good players but to have 2 players make all state every year is a sham on the TFCA team...

Have you got any suggestions that would give this team validity? I'm sure we'd like to hear your ideas on this or do you think this is good the way it is?..

My feelings are that its the TFCA's list, they can put whomever they want on the list just like the sportswriters can do the same. I'm fairly certain my opinion is not wanted or needed from the TFCA just like I'm sure they haven't asked for any assistance from you. I strongly suggest you put out the Mr. Mustang All-State list and put that wealth of football knowledge to good use...and then explain how you are going to fairly assess the eastern half of the state since I KNOW for a fact you haven't seen many of those kids play unless they were in the Boro. Of course I could be wrong and you could have hired Belichik's former film crew...but for some reason I just don't think so.

My whole problem with the way you and many others handle this issue every year is that you sit behind your computers and rail about the system, but do absolutely nothing to try and change it. Go to the TFCA meetings and tell them how you are personally affronted by how they handle picking their list. Start a petition on CoachT, I'm sure many will agree with you.... write Coach Sharp and tell him what a crappy job he's doing or heck drive a measlely 20 miles and talk face to face with Coach Ward...he's a nice guy and I'm sure he'll pass along your sentiments. Its the tireless *itching and moaning that ticks me off every year and compels me to get in senseless arguments with posters like you who can't just congratulate some fine young men without telling them in the next breath what a joke it was that they were chosen.

In all actuality you just might be surprised by what my true feelings are on this subject...its' just that there is no way I am about to run some decent hardworking football players into the ground when no one truly knows whether they deserve the honor or not more than the person that put them on the list to begin with...their coach.