Tradition Gone Down the Drain...

ORcat14

First of all Oak Ridge wasn't 14-1 the year we made a state championship run we were 13-2. Stanton Stevens had nothing to do with how well that team played i would know i played for him and Coach Lussier. Coach Stevens didn't even get tapes of Ravenwood from the two teams that beat them that year because he "didn't like the head coachs of Franklin or MBA." That is just crazy. Second of all if you count the Championship game his teams are 13-9. All the previous coach at Oak Ridge have come to the booth to do an interview with David Clary after a loss or after any game for that matter and his first season at Oak Ridge he only cam up half the time and that was a winning team. He doesn't come up after losses and do interviews. He doesn't show up at Crunchtime to do a show for the season wrap up. He forgets to feed the kids lunches on trips to Ooltewah and Kingsport D-B. Lastly I would like to thank Mr. Green and Doctor Bailey for hiring the worst coach in Oak Ridge Football history. Joe Gaddis at Henry County has gone to back to back semifinals and Gary Rankin at Alcoa has won two state State Tiltes. What has Oak Ridge done? Face it we are a basketball and cross-country school now; football has taken the back seat.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all Oak Ridge wasn't 14-1 the year we made a state championship run we were 13-2. Stanton Stevens had nothing to do with how well that team played i would know i played for him and Coach Lussier. Coach Stevens didn't even get tapes of Ravenwood from the two teams that beat them that year because he "didn't like the head coachs of Franklin or MBA." That is just crazy. Second of all if you count the Championship game his teams are 13-9. All the previous coach at Oak Ridge have come to the booth to do an interview with David Clary after a loss or after any game for that matter and his first season at Oak Ridge he only cam up half the time and that was a winning team. He doesn't come up after losses and do interviews. He doesn't show up at Crunchtime to do a show for the season wrap up. He forgets to feed the kids lunches on trips to Ooltewah and Kingsport D-B. Lastly I would like to thank Mr. Green and Doctor Bailey for hiring the worst coach in Oak Ridge Football history. Joe Gaddis at Henry County has gone to back to back semifinals and Gary Rankin at Alcoa has won two state State Tiltes. What has Oak Ridge done? Face it we are a basketball and cross-country school now; football has taken the back seat.

were you asking a question or just wanted to politic?

Then campaign against them or run yourself for it so things will change.

It doesn't matter if anyone runs against them now or ever because the damage has been done and there are so many loops you have to jump through to get on the School Board. In Oak Ridge its not about what you know or your morals its who you know and what you can do for them. Plus all the things that Coach Stevens has done just gets swept under the rug so why wouldn't they continue to do the same?

CoachT ....it has to start somewhere and this is as good place as any. As long as no untruths are put forth! And so far nothing has been said about the Oak Ridge program that is not the sad truth. Maybe if we band together on here we can band togehter in the community and get some changes made there.

What do you expect to accomplish by repeating the same complaints in thread after thread, offseason after offseason? If you are not willing to do something about this in your community then it is not going to happen on here.

Hey Coach T,

I no longer live in Oak Ridge but I did for 38 years and can understand where the negative posts are coming from. Football is special in the Ridge and WE all want that to continue but WE don't always agree how that should happen.

It really makes me sad to read on here that TNBreaker doesn't even go to games any more. His kids meant so much to the program. The Gulmire name will be remembred forever at Oak Ridge in several sports.

One complaint I have read on here that I do not agree with is the acccussation that the School Board does not care about the Football program. The Oak Ridge Schools are ranked by some as being in the top 100 school systems in the NATION! Are there problems at The Ship? OH HECK YEA, there are but take care of the future of our High School first then we can turn to make The Ship the best like the Wildcat Arena is. FYI, I'm a teacher, so I slant toward the education side of school. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Oak Ridge was a special place to be born in and I will always carry that Wildcat Spirit in my heart. I may die in Chattanooga but my wife knows to put some of my ashes on the ground where both the Wildcats and visitors come out of the Lockers Room. That way I can cheer on the BIG RED and try and screw (pardon my language) with the opponents.

Let the debate continue. CoachT. as always, keep up the GREAT work!

PS

I've found a great player in Chattanooga that Coach Burkey should know about. She would certainly help win an AAU National Championship. In fact, Chattanooga is loaded with raw talent!