AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

theyoungtiger

This was on Coacht a couple of years ago and I kept a copy. Don't know who the original author was but it's a good one for Seniors and Seniors to be.

I'll never get to put the pads on again; next year will be my first year not playin. I guess I'm a has been or never was. But isn??™t it a beautiful process. 4 years of ball made high school fun. Now all I have are the memories the bad shoulders and the scars. It was worth every moment of it. I??™m gonna miss the 3 a days, the clank clank sound of the weight room, the hot practices, the lights, the smells, the sounds, the blood, the sweat, the smell of fresh cut grass.

Its the little things im gonna miss like waking up on Saturday morning so sore you can't mow the grass but having that ohh so sweet feeling of ending that losing streak, The game days when you can't concentrate on your school work or your girlfriend cause all you can think about is whether that backer is gonna blitz that night or not. its the pre game meals your too nervous to eat, its walking outta that locker room and looking at the practice field and knowing that??™s where games are really won. It's the 5'8 130lb dt beating the 6'6 300lb college prospect ot because the dt has a little more fire that night, Its that bad calls, the good calls, The homecoming queens, the hopes and dreams of going 15-0. It's the freshman that get to come into the games that get knocked down but never quit, Its the 4 hour away trips and how they always seem shorted after a win. It's that equipment you don't wash until the last practice of the season cause it's bad luck, Its looking up in the stands and knowing even though your having a bad year and crowd numbers are slim that mamaw's still up there yelling loud as ever, its the best thing that God has ever created and so the process goes on don??™t ever forget them Friday night lights boys. To all seniors who will never get to pop the pads again remember stay low, and block till the whistle blows.

This was on Coacht a couple of years ago and I kept a copy. Don't know who the original author was but it's a good one for Seniors and Seniors to be.

I'll never get to put the pads on again; next year will be my first year not playin. I guess I'm a has been or never was. But isn??™t it a beautiful process. 4 years of ball made high school fun. Now all I have are the memories the bad shoulders and the scars. It was worth every moment of it. I??™m gonna miss the 3 a days, the clank clank sound of the weight room, the hot practices, the lights, the smells, the sounds, the blood, the sweat, the smell of fresh cut grass.

Its the little things im gonna miss like waking up on Saturday morning so sore you can't mow the grass but having that ohh so sweet feeling of ending that losing streak, The game days when you can't concentrate on your school work or your girlfriend cause all you can think about is whether that backer is gonna blitz that night or not. its the pre game meals your too nervous to eat, its walking outta that locker room and looking at the practice field and knowing that??™s where games are really won. It's the 5'8 130lb dt beating the 6'6 300lb college prospect ot because the dt has a little more fire that night, Its that bad calls, the good calls, The homecoming queens, the hopes and dreams of going 15-0. It's the freshman that get to come into the games that get knocked down but never quit, Its the 4 hour away trips and how they always seem shorted after a win. It's that equipment you don't wash until the last practice of the season cause it's bad luck, Its looking up in the stands and knowing even though your having a bad year and crowd numbers are slim that mamaw's still up there yelling loud as ever, its the best thing that God has ever created and so the process goes on don??™t ever forget them Friday night lights boys. To all seniors who will never get to pop the pads again remember stay low, and block till the whistle blows.

I know Jo Byrns used it when holman, morris, tuck, and etc. were seniors and i want to say coltons mom wrote it and gave it to them, someone just posted it. Now i'm not 100% sure so don't hold it against me.

I know Jo Byrns used it when holman, morris, tuck, and etc. were seniors and i want to say coltons mom wrote it and gave it to them, someone just posted it. Now i'm not 100% sure so don't hold it against me.

I want to say the original posters name was "Judge" or "TheJudge"?? Something like that. I would assumed it was a male.

• 8 months later...

Just a reminder to all the kids that play the game!!! There are no guarantees for the next game, next day or even the next play. Give your all on every play b/c there is no guarantee that you will get another !!

That is absoluely amazin. This post captures every emotion a senior athlete faces, and it just describes how much any player that truly LOVES thier sport feels. I graduated goin on three years ago now, and i still go to every game of my hometown team the Camden Lions. I still get that nervous fellin in my stomach sometimes when they face Milan, Huntingdon, Lewis County, Goodpasture, and a few others. Youngtiger thanks for sharin this with all of us again.