William Blount at Maryville

wbgov09

Maryville beat William Blount pretty handily. Jay Reynolds was too much for WB. Reynold has improved so much. In the 3rd quarter Ryan Click,Jordan Damron and Wes Lambert caught on fire. Cameron Langly and Reid Walker gave a good effort last night.

Maryville has played well this season. They beat 2 good teams in Bearden and Farragut. Maryville lost 2 close games to AE and Oak Ridge. AE and OR are very good teams. Maryville is good now but when Aaron Douglas gets back they will be even more dangerous. Maryville will be a team that will be very hard to beat later this season.

Yea, WB was no match for Maryville. I was at the game. Jordan Damron got into Cochran's head and after that, Cochran maybe made one shot. Big Jay Renolds did an excellent job and the three's for us fell like nothing. I think Maryville is looking a lot better this year than last and we dont even have A-Doug yet - who can dunk and is a little more athletic than Reynolds. We have the great play where we lob the ball to Reynolds and he makes the easy lay-up - that killed WB, along with the threes. The Original Poster said this should be a great game but Maryville is always too much for WB.

About Maryville's losses - I cant really explain the AE loss, we might have been able to beat them with A-Doug but I dont want to use one guy as an excuse, I think the score was close though. The OR loss can be blamed on turnovers (25) that will always lose a game - Coach West (the AC) told me the next day he thought turnovers causes the loss. We did beat Bearden and Farragut who we usually play in districts so that is a good sign. That Bearden team is amazing but we should only get better.

BTW - the WB girls had only 8 points going into the third - OUCH!!!

Yea, WB was no match for Maryville. I was at the game. Jordan Damron got into Cochran's head and after that, Cochran maybe made one shot. Big Jay Renolds did an excellent job and the three's for us fell like nothing. I think Maryville is looking a lot better this year than last and we dont even have A-Doug yet - who can dunk and is a little more athletic than Reynolds. We have the great play where we lob the ball to Reynolds and he makes the easy lay-up - that killed WB, along with the threes. The Original Poster said this should be a great game but Maryville is always too much for WB.

About Maryville's losses - I cant really explain the AE loss, we might have been able to beat them with A-Doug but I dont want to use one guy as an excuse, I think the score was close though. The OR loss can be blamed on turnovers (25) that will always lose a game - Coach West (the AC) told me the next day he thought turnovers causes the loss. We did beat Bearden and Farragut who we usually play in districts so that is a good sign. That Bearden team is amazing but we should only get better.

BTW - the WB girls had only 8 points going into the third - OUCH!!!

The two loses indicate Maryville's weakness. Douglas will not fix Maryville's inability to deal with quick teams. Both A.E. and Oak Ridge play the style of Basketball that will give the Rebels fits. Now Maryville doesn't have to be concerned with A.E. to advance to the State. But O.R. stands in the way. Bearden could be a threat because they can match up inside but Bearden doesn't have as good a guard play. Damron scored 40 last time out against the Dogs. So Bearden I think will pose the greatest challenge in the District. Farragut has good size but they always seem to melt in the heat of tournament play. Maryville has to stay opposite of O.R. in the Region tournament if they plan to advance to the state and even then they could face more quickness in Science Hill or D.B.

The two loses indicate Maryville's weakness. Douglas will not fix Maryville's inability to deal with quick teams. Both A.E. and Oak Ridge play the style of Basketball that will give the Rebels fits. Now Maryville doesn't have to be concerned with A.E. to advance to the State. But O.R. stands in the way. Bearden could be a threat because they can match up inside but Bearden doesn't have as good a guard play. Damron scored 40 last time out against the Dogs. So Bearden I think will pose the greatest challenge in the District. Farragut has good size but they always seem to melt in the heat of tournament play. Maryville has to stay opposite of O.R. in the Region tournament if they plan to advance to the state and even then they could face more quickness in Science Hill or D.B.

AE beat Maryville on a fluke play at the end of the game. OR beat Maryville by 4 points. I watched the OR/Maryville playoff game last year. OR couldn't get a shot off inside. Douglas and Reynolds was blocking shots left and right. AE and OR may have give Maryville fits with quickness but Maryville's size will give everyone fits. Especially when Douglas gets back.

Since your talking about A. Douglas not being there, how about WB head coach Bauman not being there. He was at home with his sick kid. I was also there, it didn't really didn't get bad till the second half. Click was the only 3 pt shooter you had, the other guys had one or two each.

Click,Damron and Lambert can all bomb the 3s.