William Blount

ETNbballfan

First, this is an amazing thread.

Second, who specifically has not attended school where they are zoned. And is this illegal?

If so, let's report them to TSSAA right now....if not, it would be best to leave it or them alone.

Appearently, who ever you are referring to is attending or attended the school they wanted...

sounds like they made a choice like your kids. This is not good ground. WB is as good or bad

as they are based on the players, coaches and support they have, don't reason out zoning......

I am from this area too, I could say alot more, I would like to think, players are happy where they

are and are enjoying playing for "their" school...what ever the situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB lost last night to a Class AA Alcoa team missing 2 starters due to injury and only dressing 8 players.

I know Alcoa was short-handed but William Blount only lost by 2 and played a much better game on offence. They had 4 non-pressure turnovers, and this to take the lead (2 by Wilson and 2 by Stinnet) at the end that ruined a good game. I think their coach turned down his tone quite a bit as far as yelling at the players. This seemed to help their confidence and they played much better as a team.

I know Alcoa was short-handed but William Blount only lost by 2 and played a much better game on offence. They had 4 non-pressure turnovers, and this to take the lead (2 by Wilson and 2 by Stinnet) at the end that ruined a good game. I think their coach turned down his tone quite a bit as far as yelling at the players. This seemed to help their confidence and they played much better as a team.

Glad to hear they are doing better. The game is not worth playing if you cannot enjoy it. Good luck to them

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

It's Stinnett -- with two t's. She's my 16 year old sophomore daughter . If you're going to call her out specifically for helping to "ruin a good game" for the Lady Govs, at least spell her name correctly.

My daughter plays on this team. I have recencently given her a picture of 5 mice trapped in a mousetrap at the same time. The caption reads "Share Victory, Share Defeat". I have been to all the games except for the ones at Nashville and although I would love for them to win more games, winning is not the only thing that is important to these girls (they are to young to understand this).

My daughter was having a terrible time in school her 1st two years of high school (bad grades, bad friends, etc). She transfered to William Blount and coach Fowler took her in and helped me lead her in the right direction. He has stayed on top of her school work and lets me know everything that is going on in her life at school. Coach Fowler has had a very important influence in her life so far (even helped me get through her back surgery). This to me is more important than winning. He cares about our girls lives off the court as well as on and I applaud him for that aspect of the game.

My daughter plays on this team. I have recencently given her a picture of 5 mice trapped in a mousetrap at the same time. The caption reads "Share Victory, Share Defeat". I have been to all the games except for the ones at Nashville and although I would love for them to win more games, winning is not the only thing that is important to these girls (they are to young to understand this).

My daughter was having a terrible time in school her 1st two years of high school (bad grades, bad friends, etc). She transfered to William Blount and coach Fowler took her in and helped me lead her in the right direction. He has stayed on top of her school work and lets me know everything that is going on in her life at school. Coach Fowler has had a very important influence in her life so far (even helped me get through her back surgery). This to me is more important than winning. He cares about our girls lives off the court as well as on and I applaud him for that aspect of the game.

Awesome post. People who aren't close to the program everyday just don't know the whole picture, do they? You're daughter has been a great addition to the team. She's battled through so much just to get physically ready to play. Matt would "kill" for these girls--I mean that in a nice way of course. I love what you're teaching your daughter about not "pointing fingers." It's easy to do this when you're struggling ... but trust me, better days are ahead for this team ... BEFORE your daughter is gone, this team will be a lot more competitive.

It's Stinnett -- with two t's. She's my 16 year old sophomore daughter . If you're going to call her out specifically for helping to "ruin a good game" for the Lady Govs, at least spell her name correctly.

No offense intended on names being used. Just should have stated the turnovers at the end but there is still no doubt they need help on the offensive side of the ball. There is no reason a varsity team should average less than 10 points per quarter. They could probably do just as well playing pick-up. Ive watched them play and they need help.

This season has been tough for the lady govs but guess what its not over! We're gonna turn things around. We do not have alot of varisty experience but we're working out it everyday during practice. Don't count us out just yet. We're getting better with time. By tournament time, it's goin to be a whole different program. so keep supporting us and dont get down on us. we're working hard everday during practice to achieve our goals for the year. HERE WE COME!!

This season has been tough for the lady govs but guess what its not over! We're gonna turn things around. We do not have alot of varisty experience but we're working out it everyday during practice. Don't count us out just yet. We're getting better with time. By tournament time, it's goin to be a whole different program. so keep supporting us and dont get down on us. we're working hard everday during practice to achieve our goals for the year. HERE WE COME!!

Good Luck to you guys! I hope you guys achieve all your goals.

Threads like this often hurt young teams. If I was giving advice to the girls it would be to not listen to any of this junk that is on here. The opinions that matter are those that belong to the ones in the locker room. If you are a young team as I've read on here then this is probably a learning year for the team and time for WB fans to be patient.

True this year is a rebuilding year...but dont forget that it is kelley's senior year. dont count her out.

shouldnt you be in class?? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey, since you have obviously already read through this thread you know that there are many views and many ways to handle every situation, and of course every person has their own way of handling things.

The thing I wish for most is that you girls get the enjoyment out of the game. Play your tookis off, every second, every minute, of every game and it will not matter what the scoreboard says, you will be winners. And with that theory, the scoreboard will start changing in your favor also.

As you say, you are a young team. You will certainly get better, and have a ton of experience to build from.

Good luck the rest of the year. I will keep an eye on the scores, hope you do well.