Recruiting

oppressed238

• 2 weeks later...

the NCSA is basically a program charges student athlete's parents money in order to get their child "recruited". there are several other similar organizations such as Recruit. They send you a letter of interest, then you must follow up with a phone call to schedule a meeting. Basically it is a big rip off. If you are good enough of an athlete then you will get recruited with out the services of these companies.

If you are good enough of an athlete then you will get recruited with out the services of these companies.

Thats not true at all... I've known people that were better athletes than me and never got a whiff...

Oh, and I know a guy that handles this sort of stuff.. I'll look and see If I still have his phone number. Basically what he does is, gets to know you , tapes some of your practice, watches you play at games, gets game tape and sends it off to schools of your interest, Then he pitches you to the coaches, sets up meetings or phone calls with coaches, and basically sells you for athlete that you are... (However, lil Johnny is going to have to realize that he might not be UT caliber type player).

Thats not true at all... I've known people that were better athletes than me and never got a whiff...

Oh, and I know a guy that handles this sort of stuff.. I'll look and see If I still have his phone number. Basically what he does is, gets to know you , tapes some of your practice, watches you play at games, gets game tape and sends it off to schools of your interest, Then he pitches you to the coaches, sets up meetings or phone calls with coaches, and basically sells you for athlete that you are... (However, lil Johnny is going to have to realize that he might not be UT caliber type player).

If you find out any contact information i would love to get that from.I know someone that could really use that help.

Please don't spend a lot of money on these services. You can do the same thing the services do yourself for the cost of faxes or you can just email it. Once you start talking to a school then you can worry about sending them video.

I've done this kind of service many times for athletes and never charged more than $100. That was just to cover phone bills mostly. It can be done via email now for little or no cost.

DL.

Please don't spend a lot of money on these services. You can do the same thing the services do yourself for the cost of faxes or you can just email it. Once you start talking to a school then you can worry about sending them video.

I've done this kind of service many times for athletes and never charged more than $100. That was just to cover phone bills mostly. It can be done via email now for little or no cost.

DL.

The best way to get someone's name out there is to do it early. I do agree with Grundy Player to an extent; however if you are good and your grades qualify you, you have a good chance. I know it is different for athletes from rural schools to get the same exposure than city school kids. Ultimately, it's up to the head coach, and sometimes the individual to send letters and make highlight tapes. That worked for me, and many others I know. I think spending money to get names on lists is a crock, and just a way for kids to spend money. Sure future is important, but a lot of colleges don't even look at some of those knock-offs to sites such as Unapproved Website. Bottom line: if a kids good enough to play, and grades are not an issue, he'll get that opportunity. If not through scholarship, through the walk-on process.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Well i am currently using NCSA and is working wonders from me. They are very useful and helpful during the whole process. now it is not cheap but the way me and my family thought as it as i would get that money back if i got a scholarship. Lets put it this way you can get a money back garentee if you don't like in i believe 6 weeks BUT i hardly dout you won't like it. i have already so far after my senior season has sent out 12 colleges film and 10 requested the other 2 i have talk to before. if you decide to you will have to send them a 3-5 min. highlight film and they will exam you and how you preform then they will call back and tell you what kind of schools you can play at. they told me NAIA to D2. and they are pretty truthful.

by the way to tut my own horn for a second i got my 1 call the other day.

Well i am currently using NCSA and is working wonders from me. They are very useful and helpful during the whole process. now it is not cheap but the way me and my family thought as it as i would get that money back if i got a scholarship. Lets put it this way you can get a money back garentee if you don't like in i believe 6 weeks BUT i hardly dout you won't like it. i have already so far after my senior season has sent out 12 colleges film and 10 requested the other 2 i have talk to before. if you decide to you will have to send them a 3-5 min. highlight film and they will exam you and how you preform then they will call back and tell you what kind of schools you can play at. they told me NAIA to D2. and they are pretty truthful.

by the way to tut my own horn for a second i got my 1 call the other day.

Congrats!!! The first call is always exciting /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I couldn't find the number, I used to have a folder with all my stuff in it.. Tis now gone /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Congrats!!! The first call is always exciting /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I couldn't find the number, I used to have a folder with all my stuff in it.. Tis now gone /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Thanks. It was horrible i could bearly talk. i had my wisdom teeth cut out that day so i e-mailed him what he wanted to know. oh yeah for any one who wants that number its (888)333-6846.

Most coaches at high schools usually will help the athlete get recrutied. i know at my school, the athlete will go and get a highlight film made at an editing studio(HP Video, WBIR, etc.) then give the video to the coach, and the coach will send it out to various schools. if the school likes what they see they will send some questionaires and possibly a coach to visit the school. All of this is relatively cheap compared to the NCSA and Recruit. But if it works for you then that is great. Good luck to you in your recruiting process