Region 4-5A 2008

bdog11

I know the Blaze is fortunate to have an excellent feeder program where the players are used to winning. Their freshman teams have also been winning. This should translate to wins at the varisty level. Where is Mauricio headed to college?

He has lots of places interested...i think grades are the only thing holdin him back right now from going D1..he should sign somewhere pretty good though if they dont come through.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has lots of places interested...i think grades are the only thing holdin him back right now from going D1..he should sign somewhere pretty good though if they dont come through.

He is an exceptional athlete and I wish him the best. The exposure from the East/West game should help him too. I enjoyed seeing him play the last few yrs, but have to admit that I am glad he is graduating. hahaha!

REGION 4-5A PREDICTIONS

1)SMYRNA

2)RIVERDALE

3)LAVERGNE

4)BLACKMAN

5)LEBANON

6)WILSON CENTRAL

7)OAKLAND

8)SIEGEL

Just predictions I would like to get everyone's thoughts. Blackman is my suprise team for next year just because they have been so young and they have some major talent. I'm not trying to rattle anybody's cage but I think next year is Smyrna's year to win the region. Riverdale is losing a bunch but they somehow seem to be strong every year.

2P maybe you can help me out here with Oakland but besides Precious I don't know who Oakland has coming back.

Siegel-I'm not sure besides number 6 All-region chuck McCord.

Somebody help me out here with these Wilson County teams.

If I remember correctly Sonny Gray was recently picked up by Vandy. How can you possibly say Smyrna will win the region besides the fact you are a bulldog follower? The games that I saw Smyrna play this year didn't show me much and that was including Gray. He was without a doubt the best player on the team. If Smyrna wins the region next year the region will be very weak cause Smyrna will not be that strong.

1)RIVERDALE

2)WILSON CENTRAL

3)BLACKMAN

4)SMYRNA

5)OAKLAND

6)LAVERGNE

7)LEBANON

8)SIEGEL

If I remember correctly Sonny Gray was recently picked up by Vandy. How can you possibly say Smyrna will win the region besides the fact you are a bulldog follower? The games that I saw Smyrna play this year didn't show me much and that was including Gray. He was without a doubt the best player on the team. If Smyrna wins the region next year the region will be very weak cause Smyrna will not be that strong.

1)RIVERDALE

2)WILSON CENTRAL

3)BLACKMAN

4)SMYRNA

5)OAKLAND

6)LAVERGNE

7)LEBANON

8)SIEGEL

I think Wilkes was pretty good, but I can't be sure, I am not much of an expert. I like what your predictions, Blackman has some good juniors, not so sure about WC, look for Oakland to surprise next season.

I'd Love nothing more than to see our sophomores step up and take Blackman deep next year, my only concern is that BHS had plenty of talent this year and it never came together. The biggest thing is playing as a team. By the way my main concern with the shotgun at the 2 yd line is the snap, if you recall against Overton we were near the goal line and there was a bad snap and we were lucky to score on that play.

Mauricio is a talented athlete and has great potential, he was very effective as a runner and his passing game came along as the year went along. Yes he did have many touchdowns in short yardage situations, I was just saying that the shotgun scares me a little more than a dive play, at times it worked and at times it didn't, but the only time Blackman ran a sneak from under center we scored. Still think I didn't watch the games?

I guess I'm a fan of of old school pound it out football, but I can learn to like the spread!

I'd Love nothing more than to see our sophomores step up and take Blackman deep next year, my only concern is that BHS had plenty of talent this year and it never came together. The biggest thing is playing as a team. By the way my main concern with the shotgun at the 2 yd line is the snap, if you recall against Overton we were near the goal line and there was a bad snap and we were lucky to score on that play.

Mauricio is a talented athlete and has great potential, he was very effective as a runner and his passing game came along as the year went along. Yes he did have many touchdowns in short yardage situations, I was just saying that the shotgun scares me a little more than a dive play, at times it worked and at times it didn't, but the only time Blackman ran a sneak from under center we scored. Still think I didn't watch the games?

I guess I'm a fan of of old school pound it out football, but I can learn to like the spread!

It might be apples and oranges, but Florida does a nice job on the Goalline out of the Gun.

1)RIVERDALE

2)WILSON CENTRAL

3)BLACKMAN

4)SMYRNA

5)OAKLAND

6)LAVERGNE

7)LEBANON

8)SIEGEL

If i remember correctly that while i was playing linebacker for smyrna, i believe there was a freshman by the name of Deon Meadows making great plays and two juniors at safety followed by 2 or three juniors on the D line. and on offense i believe that a freshman won the offensive MVP, so there is some talent coming back to SHS

I think Wilkes was pretty good, but I can't be sure, I am not much of an expert. I like what your predictions, Blackman has some good juniors, not so sure about WC, look for Oakland to surprise next season.

Honestly, the only reason I placed Oakland so low was because of the coaching changes. I think we all know that some coaching changes are smoother than others. My ranking of WC is also based on the CURRENT staff there including Elrod. However, I have a feeling some of the WC coaches will be jumping ship. If they do then I would definitely rank them much lower. I do really like Blackman's chances this year with a weak Riverdale on the horizon.

Some would say I focus on coaching a lot and I would say that motivation and proper techniques are everything in high school football. You don't need much talent to win big if everyone is going the same direction and MOTIVATED!

1)RIVERDALE

2)WILSON CENTRAL

3)BLACKMAN

4)SMYRNA

5)OAKLAND

6)LAVERGNE

7)LEBANON

8)SIEGEL

that's prety idiotic really. How did Smyrna not show u much even when we won state. Sonny plays qb not defense and wr and rb there's always kids that step up and they will step up next year to

• 3 weeks later...