Region 4-5A 2008

bdog11

I think his top 3 are Air Force, Tennessee Tech, and Carson Newman. He will be playing safety tomorrow morning in the Tennessee All Star game. He is a hard hitter, and has plenty of speed to keep the plays in front of him. He ran a 4.6 40 in the preseason, which isn't bad for a safety.

Air Force would be a good fit for him because of the offense they run and graduating from Air Force is a big honor by itself

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep talkin' that smack Smyrduh, 'cause you don't have a clue.

BTW, you'll have to actually beat Riverdale more than once to really have bragging rights.....

if Riverdale would have made it that far in the playoffs we would have beat them /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

why is it so "rediculous" that i put smyrna at #4 and behind lavergne? if not for a missed field goal smyrna WOULD have finished #4 and possibly behind lavergne, definately behind lebanon (maybe putting them at #5 and missing the playoffs), but i cant remember their region records and how the tie breakers would have worked out.

Smyrna was a dropped pass away from beating Riverdale, why didnt u include that?

Smyrna was a dropped pass away from beating Riverdale, why didnt u include that?

why didnt you include the inadvertant whistle? had it not been for that we would have had an extra 4 points (cause we still made a field goal that drive) and wouldnt have needed a game winning TD drive. not to mention the absolute BS pass interference called on #6 Joey Lee when smyrna was going for it on 4th and 15...that call also led to a smyrna TD.

you can tell the right team won when we beat you AND the refs

if Riverdale would have made it that far in the playoffs we would have beat them /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

trust me if you couldnt beat riverdale with the kind of game wilks had against us, you never would have

why didnt you include the inadvertant whistle? had it not been for that we would have had an extra 4 points (cause we still made a field goal that drive) and wouldnt have needed a game winning TD drive. not to mention the absolute BS pass interference called on #6 Joey Lee when smyrna was going for it on 4th and 15...that call also led to a smyrna TD.

you can tell the right team won when we beat you AND the refs

who was the better team this year Riverdale or Smyrna? Who has the last 2 Gold Balls? Oh yeah we do. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

who was the better team this year Riverdale or Smyrna? Who has the last 2 Gold Balls? Oh yeah we do. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

riverdale slipped up and lost (like smyrna did THREE times), and unfortunately it just had to happen in the playoffs. if head to head doesnt determine who the better team is, then i dont know what does

Region will be up for grabs! I know Smyrna has some more talented young men coming up so the Bulldogs will be in the hunt, also great coaching. Oakland has some talent coming back and up and the new coach will be more helpful than some think, I think they will be in the hunt. WC has a good nucleus of players coming back and played some sophs so I think they will be in the hunt. You have to include the Warriors they do have some more big linemen coming up and the young QB that was mentioned and a few skill players and if they learn to throw the football. Blackman will also be in the thick of things with the talent they have coming up but they maybe a year away but I kind of doubt that. Siegel has some talented backs coming up and maybe a dark horse. I am really looking forward to see it all unfold. I also think no one in this region can think any region game will be a gimme because it won't. It will be hard to win this region this year. I will do some research and in the next several months will put the teams in order where I think they will finish in the region standings!

I believe the Gold Ball settles who is the best team.

i guess we agree to disagree...colts were far from the best team in the NFL last year, they won it, against a less than formidable opponent, much like smyrna. i have always heard to be the best, you gotta beat the best...independance was far from that.

great job on capturing the gold ball, you have bragging rights to the rest of the state, other than lebanon, brentwood academy, and of course riverdale.

i guess we agree to disagree...colts were far from the best team in the NFL last year, they won it, against a less than formidable opponent, much like smyrna. i have always heard to be the best, you gotta beat the best...independance was far from that.

great job on capturing the gold ball, you have bragging rights to the rest of the state, other than lebanon, brentwood academy, and of course riverdale.

No we have bragging rights over everyone,with the last two gold balls. If all you look at is the regular season like riverdale does every year than yeah your right, those three teams have rights over us,but what matters is how you finish. BA finished with a state runner-up,lebanon got beat by Lincoln County, and you guys finished up watching us win the gold ball.

Region will be up for grabs! I know Smyrna has some more talented young men coming up so the Bulldogs will be in the hunt, also great coaching. Oakland has some talent coming back and up and the new coach will be more helpful than some think, I think they will be in the hunt. WC has a good nucleus of players coming back and played some sophs so I think they will be in the hunt. You have to include the Warriors they do have some more big linemen coming up and the young QB that was mentioned and a few skill players and if they learn to throw the football. Blackman will also be in the thick of things with the talent they have coming up but they maybe a year away but I kind of doubt that. Siegel has some talented backs coming up and maybe a dark horse. I am really looking forward to see it all unfold. I also think no one in this region can think any region game will be a gimme because it won't. It will be hard to win this region this year. I will do some research and in the next several months will put the teams in order where I think they will finish in the region standings!

Lebanon should have been better than they were this year. They have that amazing freshmen class from a couple years ago that is coming of age. Just about everyone has enough players to be good.