Lebanon vs. Warren Co.

sportsfan12

Substitutions have their time and place. Just subbing for the heck of it or trying to keep players and parents happy is wrong. A starting spot should be earned and the players who don't start should keep working hard and should get playing time when a good lead is at hand. Sure give a player a breather or take a player out when they are in foul trouble, continue to make bad decisions etc. I don't know what the philosphy is with these guys. They seem to have their heart into it, but winning is important no matter what anybody says. I know you can't win them all, but they should be doing alot better than they are. WC sports seems to be spiraling downhill. Football seems to be improving a little. Do coaches get evaluated every year? Does the AD or Principal talk to the players that quit to see why? Do the coaches get to explain their side when a player quits? Who or what will it take to get WC sports back to winning consistanly? Academics is important, but so is sports. Academics carry us farther in life than sports, but sports teach us alot of life lessons and helps mold character and great memories. Alot of people claim that there isn't alot of talent in WC, I have lived in Nashville, Murfreesboro, Memphis and McMinnville and I can tell you that there are plenty of good atheletes here. Also there is alot of support too.

well said Nitro.... I heard that they just lost another player on WC...is that true or do you know?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Ryan Daniels quit. I didn't hear why. If it's true, there is another good athelete gone! Sad!

That is who I heard to. Talked to someone who knows his family and was told the Coach told the kid that he hasn't contributed and didn't deserve to play. Watching him play I can't believe the coach would say something like that to him.

That is who I heard to. Talked to someone who knows his family and was told the Coach told the kid that he hasn't contributed and didn't deserve to play. Watching him play I can't believe the coach would say something like that to him.

I know the Daniels family pretty well and I can tell you they are good folks. Ryan always seems to give 100% from what I've seen from Football and Basketball. I know his younger brother quit the middle school football team this year also. I don't agree with kids quiting in the middle of a season and believe they should honor the committment to the team. However, I do not know the reasons behind these boys decisions. I did hear this morning from a Freshmen parent that the other coach Smith pitched a fit at halftime of their game with Coffee Co. last night. I was told he broke a clipboard on the floor, kicked it across the room and told the boys they weren't worthy enough to wear a Pioneer jersey. I wonder if the AD talks to them like that? Don't get me wrong, I think coaches need to get players attention from time to time and if it takes a tirade to do it fine, but you do not have to demean them. Building character is important, but there is a right way to do it.

I know the Daniels family pretty well and I can tell you they are good folks. Ryan always seems to give 100% from what I've seen from Football and Basketball. I know his younger brother quit the middle school football team this year also. I don't agree with kids quiting in the middle of a season and believe they should honor the committment to the team. However, I do not know the reasons behind these boys decisions. I did hear this morning from a Freshmen parent that the other coach Smith pitched a fit at halftime of their game with Coffee Co. last night. I was told he broke a clipboard on the floor, kicked it across the room and told the boys they weren't worthy enough to wear a Pioneer jersey. I wonder if the AD talks to them like that? Don't get me wrong, I think coaches need to get players attention from time to time and if it takes a tirade to do it fine, but you do not have to demean them. Building character is important, but there is a right way to do it.

I don't know his family but I know him and yes he plays hard. I don't know why his little brother quit football but I do know that what the coach said to Ryan about not deserving to play was the decision maker for Ryan to quit. These coaches are out of control and will never have a winning season at the rate they are going.

I don't know his family but I know him and yes he plays hard. I don't know why his little brother quit football but I do know that what the coach said to Ryan about not deserving to play was the decision maker for Ryan to quit. These coaches are out of control and will never have a winning season at the rate they are going.

People:

1) Never judge a Coach until you've watched he/she conduct a practice!

2) Ryan is a fine kid who i happen to like alot, however, It is my opinion that his mind was already made up, long before that particular moment. There is not anyone on this board who has played High School sports and not been told alot worse than this instance. So why up and leave now? He did , and thats OK, I still like him. but don't verbally kill a coach because of what you HEAR not what you see!!! You may have heard correctly what was said, did you hear how he said it? why he said it? did he say it to anyone else? has he tried different approaches than this to get his/her point across?

3) I respect all of your opinions, that's why I read this board, I hope you respect mine. However, #1 is not an opinion that is fact.

People:

2) Ryan is a fine kid who i happen to like alot, however, It is my opinion that his mind was already made up, long before that particular moment. There is not anyone on this board who has played High School sports and not been told alot worse than this instance. So why up and leave now? He did , and thats OK, I still like him. but don't verbally kill a coach because of what you HEAR not what you see!!! You may have heard correctly what was said, did you hear how he said it? why he said it? did he say it to anyone else? has he tried different approaches than this to get his/her point across?

3) I respect all of your opinions, that's why I read this board, I hope you respect mine. However, #1 is not an opinion that is fact.

Ok I haven't watched his practice but I have seen that he has about 22 to 24 players on his team and I have to wonder what kind of effective practices he could be having with that many players.

About the Daniels kid yes he is a fine kid who from what I hear about his work ethics and leadership didn't deserve to be talked to that way now whether he was the only one your right I don't know that for sure still think it wasn't justified or effective. But with that said I respect your opinion and just giving you my opinion.

People:

I respect your opinion as well. I don't think I am vebally killing these coaches. On #1, I have to agree with you on that. Do you think it would be conducted the same way if there were nobody watching or if several parents were there? Just asking. #2 we all agree Ryan is a fine kid and coaches sometimes need to get there attention. If he has tried different approaches, has he sat the team down and try to get their opinions and ideas on what they can do to turn this thing around? Not to sound corny or anything, but when I am having problems in different aspects at work I talk with my employees and you'd be suprised how many times their input has helped us work through the tough times. This "My way or the Highway" crap doesn't work all the time.

I respect your opinion as well. I don't think I am vebally killing these coaches. On #1, I have to agree with you on that. Do you think it would be conducted the same way if there were nobody watching or if several parents were there? Just asking. #2 we all agree Ryan is a fine kid and coaches sometimes need to get there attention. If he has tried different approaches, has he sat the team down and try to get their opinions and ideas on what they can do to turn this thing around? Not to sound corny or anything, but when I am having problems in different aspects at work I talk with my employees and you'd be suprised how many times their input has helped us work through the tough times. This "My way or the Highway" crap doesn't work all the time.

Has anyone heard how the game against coffee county went last night?

I agree why are we tryin to kill the coach. Brothers quit at different ages of their career? That just is not right. Parents have to step up and say start what you finish. WC has fine coaches in all sports its time for these students athletes to take pride in wearing a high school jersey. Run them all off, if they quit they dont want to be there anyways. Coaches run the programs not the players and parents. Eades, Madewell, and Smith keep your head up people here always want to complain about something. Weed out the quitters and whiners and the programs will be headed in the right direction.