Big 9 Conference

Floor_General22

That argument is TIRED. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Here??¦chew on this for awhile.

THS over South - Shouldn??™t be a big deal but who knows.

The Hill over Central - In a word...Massacre!

DB over Volunteer - Hope nobody gets hurt.

East over Boone - Takin candy from a baby.

Cap1, in a word - Hilarious! Someone should start a poll on CoachT about what poster has had the most "Foot-In-Mouth" moments. But would anyone really be close to Cap1?

What a great win for Central. This team is getting better every night out and this was one of those wins that will hopefully carry on and give them confidence for the rest of the year.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Science Hill got beat by the refs tonight, i am getting sick of going to games and watching refs decide who is going to win and who is going to lose, that is garbage. Im going to stop watching basketball because this regions refs are joke. at least in football you can run over the ref on "accident" on the next play if he makes a bad call. basketball games are rediculas now, there is no way in heck, excuse my french, that science hill should lose to central, no matter how bad they play, the refs decided that game befor it started. this is rediculas and something should be done about it.

Oh man! Wow! I was worried about the Toppers for a minute there. I mean they have been losing a bit more in recent years. Man I am just glad to know that every game Science Hill loses is because of refs. I feel better now. I would hate to imagine that any team could ever beat Science Hill without the help of refs. I am convinced that heck has frozen over because the usually Hill leaning refs are turning agains them. Hide in in your bunkers!

A new low tonight, from the lowest of all in the Big 9, Volunteer. They play just like their coached! I don't want to hear one word of excuses from that Hawkins County bunch either. No class!!

I hope it all falls right and DB gets to end your season in the District.

So what happened? I heard something about a guy from Volunteer not only getting ejected but getting thrown out of the gym.

A new low tonight, from the lowest of all in the Big 9, Volunteer. They play just like their coached! I don't want to hear one word of excuses from that Hawkins County bunch either. No class!!

I hope it all falls right and DB gets to end your season in the District.

Art...I totally agree with you on the incident that happened. I do disagree with them being coached like that. I guess you didn't see Whitt go out and tell #42 he was sorry for his player's action and sent him to the locker room. I do not know what will happen to him, but he is not coached like that. One person did recognize what Coach Whitt did, and it doesn't surprise that it was skunk. Coach Whitt also took out one other player that got frustrated and sat him on the bench. Hmmmm...... it was Cradic, a guy we need in the lineup. Again.... I totally agree that it was a classless act, but it was from a player and not a coach. I guess you'll say that Whitt was going out there to hit the player next huh? Again...thanks skunk for recognizing what Whitt DID do after the altercation. The action was deplorable to say the least. GOD BLESS!!!!

So what happened? I heard something about a guy from Volunteer not only getting ejected but getting thrown out of the gym.

Brock....One of DB's players had an easy layup and one of our players ran down the court and inexcusably fouled the guy and it was a flagrant and ejectable foul to say the least. It was the kind of foul that could have injured a player seriously. I lost my breath when I saw it. He got ejected and Coach Whitt sent him to the locker room for the remainder of the game. No coach wants to see anyone get hurt and for those who hide behind these screen names to say that they do, you have no clue. If Whitt coaches like ART says he does, then he would not have gone out to center court, shook the guy's hand and apologized. If it happened to Morgan and he did the same thing, everyone would be talking about what a class-act by the coach, and rightfully so. So...to those who want to take shots at Whitt for this incident, let me go ahead and call you a hypocrite before-hand. Again... I totally agree that this was a classless act but by a PLAYER.... and it will handled by the coach. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS.... The Central vs. Science Hill game in my opinion was not an upset. Central is starting to click. I do not know if the game was at Central or not, but if it was, they had my vote to win. They look like the Central teams that shoot it out, up and down the floor.

PSS...ART.....I agree and hope that no one gets on here and makes an excuse or tries to rationalize what happened. It was the kind of foul that could have ruined a player's chance to play again. Thank GOD it did not!!!!! With that said....it was great to be back at "THE DOME!" I saw so many faces familiar from the past, and I'm glad Tom Taylor and Throp are doing commentary. They are the best of the best!!!!!!

And WHY does everyone hate science hill so much, is it because JC is a nicer place to live then every where else or because SH is the biggest school in the region or because we have more state championships than anyone, i dont know what it is but sh and db are the two best teams and has been for a while but everyone hates sh a whole lot more than db. Tell me why

Brock....One of DB's players had an easy layup and one of our players ran down the court and inexcusably fouled the guy and it was a flagrant and ejectable foul to say the least. It was the kind of foul that could have injured a player seriously. I lost my breath when I saw it. He got ejected and Coach Whitt sent him to the locker room for the remainder of the game. No coach wants to see anyone get hurt and for those who hide behind these screen names to say that they do, you have no clue. If Whitt coaches like ART says he does, then he would not have gone out to center court, shook the guy's hand and apologized. If it happened to Morgan and he did the same thing, everyone would be talking about what a class-act by the coach, and rightfully so. So...to those who want to take shots at Whitt for this incident, let me go ahead and call you a hypocrite before-hand. Again... I totally agree that this was a classless act but by a PLAYER.... and it will handled by the coach. GOD BLESS!!!!

PS.... The Central vs. Science Hill game in my opinion was not an upset. Central is starting to click. I do not know if the game was at Central or not, but if it was, they had my vote to win. They look like the Central teams that shoot it out, up and down the floor.

PSS...ART.....I agree and hope that no one gets on here and makes an excuse or tries to rationalize what happened. It was the kind of foul that could have ruined a player's chance to play again. Thank GOD it did not!!!!! With that said....it was great to be back at "THE DOME!" I saw so many faces familiar from the past, and I'm glad Tom Taylor and Throp are doing commentary. They are the best of the best!!!!!!

to clarify: inexcusably fouled the guy = a kid that only gets playing time for situations such as this bear hugged Marshall Hardy from behind and slammed him into the padding under the goal. Both players were going full speed and it could have very easily and very seriously hurt both players actually. The same kind of playing style the same kid was getting high fived for by coach and players at the district in Bristol last year. Stokomo with all due respect (since you are one of the DB greats), while there may not be a direct command inside the program to play this way, I have to believe there is an inferred understanding that in order to compete and win this team must "play tough". Especially after quotes about not allowing 3 straight layups.....hmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" . And yes he did go out and shake the kids hand but at that point what was he going to do? The entire gym (excep those in blue/orange) had turned against him and his team and he had to do something to save face. Had this happened at Volnteer and to a Falcon player I believe those players/fans would have wanted blood. I have to give the DB players credit for keeping there cool because it was obvious the Volunteer strategy was to get them razzled and take them out of there game...but it clearly backfired because they had 1 ejected and the best player on the bench for getting "frustrated". And please let's don't go down the road about if this had happened to coach Morgan he would be looked at a class act becuase there is no question inside that program how to play the game and IF it did there is no question that player would not play next game.

It's a shame that after most games that there even has to be the talk about junk like this or a brawl in the Central parking lot. Come on, let's just play the game like it should be played. In days gone by there were just as intense rivalries but it was a repsctful competition durng the Dickie Warren, Buck, Bobby Snyder days. It's a shame since there are some great players in this league...Cradic/Bennett, Snapp, Moncier, Corey Young, Smith and Odom at SH, just to name a few. Some kids that can really play....so just play

That argument is TIRED. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Here??¦chew on this for awhile.

THS over South - Shouldn??™t be a big deal but who knows.

The Hill over Central - In a word...Massacre!

DB over Volunteer - Hope nobody gets hurt.

East over Boone - Takin candy from a baby.

Whew! Just got back from the back field of my farm, killed two big CROWS. I've got them in a deep fryer, ready you for CAP. Do you like Barbecue sauce with that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />