OldBallCoach88

this is what the region standings will look like at the end of the year:

1. McMinn Central bet yall couldn't have guessed that one! too much tallent

2. Howard speed.

3. Polk Co. heart.

4. ND lucky.

5. Meigs on the way down.

6. ER good coach, maybe enough tallent

7. Seq what is going on in Madisonville?

8. Grundy tough year

9. Tellico bet yall couldn't have guessed this one either.

dumdum...convince me i am wrong about seq.....I'm sorry but i just don't see central taking a step back this year. I know they won several close games last year but my money is on them not being that close this year.

Welcome back Smokey, I know the wheels came off here but trying our best to tighten the lugnuts up and get back on the track. Yeah, the only way Central doesnt win, well they would just have to self destruct with all the tallent they got, but you guys still got something to prove in the playoffs. Question is, can Central keep it together all season? After Howard its a toss up, in my opinion, the rest of the region will fight it out, every week will be important. Cant wait til week three to talk some smack! Until then GO CHIEFS!!

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back Smokey, I know the wheels came off here but trying our best to tighten the lugnuts up and get back on the track. Yeah, the only way Central doesnt win, well they would just have to self destruct with all the tallent they got, but you guys still got something to prove in the playoffs. Question is, can Central keep it together all season? After Howard its a toss up, in my opinion, the rest of the region will fight it out, every week will be important. Cant wait til week three to talk some smack! Until then GO CHIEFS!!

man the whole region has something to prove in the playoffs. the chargers were the closest to moving on to the second round, but close doesn't count. central will come out week 1 fired up and focused and well maintain that intensity throughout the season. derrick wouldn't allow any less.

whoever that guy is that posted earlier in this thread that central had questions up front is crazy! that area is going to be a big strength of the team! whatch out for the two at defensive end. I know it was just a spring game, but the looked very impressive. just ask mcminn qb cy ables. he got to know them pretty good that night. is there a team that has two offensive tackles that can block both of them all night?

i know i predicted howard to finish at number two, but it is not a shoe in. i just gave them the nod because of speed and speed kills. i don't know though...we can let t-mac educate us on how howard will be.

wish yall nothing but the best until whatever week central and seq play. GO CHARGERS

OK Smokey, rumor has it, that it is official, Rayl cleaned his locker out at Meigs and will be practicing with Central as soon as the dead period is over. Was just wondering if you could confirm any of that? Even if its true, not sure if he can beat Jackson out for the QB spot. Theres no room in the backfield, from what I'm told, Watson is just a monster at fullback.

OK Smokey, rumor has it, that it is official, Rayl cleaned his locker out at Meigs and will be practicing with Central as soon as the dead period is over. Was just wondering if you could confirm any of that? Even if its true, not sure if he can beat Jackson out for the QB spot. Theres no room in the backfield, from what I'm told, Watson is just a monster at fullback.

i still haven't heard if he is coming to central or not. be interesting to see what happens at qb for central! it is odd...the team most people across the board believe will win the region has a huge question mark at the most important position on the team! that says something about what kind of team will be lineing up around the qb. whoever told you wastson is a monster...they are telling the truth.

Top 5 Region Games for 2008

1. McMinn Central at Howard (For the championship. Both teams undefeated in the region)

2. Howard vs Norte Dame (If Wiggins guys have a chance, they have to win this game.)

3. Howard vs East Ridge ( Will define the Pioneer's season.)

4. Polk at McMinn Central ( If Polk beats Howard in Benton, game is huge and so is the crowd)

5. McMinn Central at East Ridge ( Toughest road test before the Howard game)

Voice opinions and views on a different looking region this year. New coaches at Meigs, Grundy, East Ridge and Sequoyah.

Top 5 Region Games for 2008

1. McMinn Central at Howard (For the championship. Both teams undefeated in the region)

2. Howard vs Norte Dame (If Wiggins guys have a chance, they have to win this game.)

3. Howard vs East Ridge ( Will define the Pioneer's season.)

4. Polk at McMinn Central ( If Polk beats Howard in Benton, game is huge and so is the crowd)

5. McMinn Central at East Ridge ( Toughest road test before the Howard game)

Voice opinions and views on a different looking region this year. New coaches at Meigs, Grundy, East Ridge and Sequoyah.

NEW top game in the region........Meigs at Central in week two..........don't think for a minute that there won't be some head knocking going on in this one.

McMinn, Howard, Polk, Meigs, East Ridge, Notre Dame, does it really matter???????

Will someone PLEASE win a playoff game. Pearl Cohn, Greenbrier, Sycamore, White House, & Station Camp are a combined 8-0 against the teams in this region the last two years. They are 11-2 against this region overall in the playoffs since the region was formed.

Notre Dame in 2005 beat Macon Co. in the first round and then won the two games against both Pearl Cohn & White House in the weeks to follow before they were ousted in the semifinals by eventual state champs LA. Outside of ND in 2005 this region has been horrible once playoff time has arrived.

McMinn, Howard, Polk, Meigs, East Ridge, Notre Dame, does it really matter???????

Will someone PLEASE win a playoff game. Pearl Cohn, Greenbrier, Sycamore, White House, & Station Camp are a combined 8-0 against the teams in this region the last two years. They are 11-2 against this region overall in the playoffs since the region was formed.

Notre Dame in 2005 beat Macon Co. in the first round and then won the two games against both Pearl Cohn & White House in the weeks to follow before they were ousted in the semifinals by eventual state champs LA. Outside of ND in 2005 this region has been horrible once playoff time has arrived.

I agree, someone from this Region needs to step up and win some playoff games. Central should have won last year but we played like once we won the Region we didn't know how to act.

Alright...Rayl is leaving Meigs...Meigs is better off...He wnot get to play at Central...if Jackson comes back they need to get rid of the head of that program...

Top Region Games

1.Meigs at Central- Always a great game, probably going to be a lil more dirty if Rayl gets to play

2.Central vs. Howard- Deciding game last year

3.Meigs at Howard- Meigs toughest games are on the road

4.Polk at Meigs- Tough game for the cats and the tigers

5.Howard vs Polk

6.Polk vs Central

all these games are going to matter cause more than likely those are going to be your top 4 teams in the region

Last Years Top 4

1.Central

2.Howard

3.Polk

4.Meigs

Probably going to be the same this year maybe a little different but same top 4

Alright...Rayl is leaving Meigs...Meigs is better off...He wnot get to play at Central...if Jackson comes back they need to get rid of the head of that program...

Top Region Games

1.Meigs at Central- Always a great game, probably going to be a lil more dirty if Rayl gets to play

2.Central vs. Howard- Deciding game last year

3.Meigs at Howard- Meigs toughest games are on the road

4.Polk at Meigs- Tough game for the cats and the tigers

5.Howard vs Polk

6.Polk vs Central

all these games are going to matter cause more than likely those are going to be your top 4 teams in the region

Last Years Top 4

1.Central

2.Howard

3.Polk

4.Meigs

Probably going to be the same this year maybe a little different but same top 4

Okay, there are a few things to say here...First, Meigs will most def not be better off without Rayl...Second, he will most def get playing time at Central...Third, Jackson is coming back, but may have to miss a couple of games...Lastly, Meigs won't make the playoffs this year /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Thanks and have a nice day

okay tigers73, tell me why i never heard how awful of a player this rayl kid is while he was wearing a meigs uniform? now that he is coming to central he is awful? never heard anything about him being a cancer to the meigs team before? and he may be...i don't know the kid...i'm just asking a question. sounds like sour grapes to me. by the way, sorry... the head of the program at central isn't going anywhere...

okay tigers73, tell me why i never heard how awful of a player this rayl kid is while he was wearing a meigs uniform? now that he is coming to central he is awful? never heard anything about him being a cancer to the meigs team before? and he may be...i don't know the kid...i'm just asking a question. sounds like sour grapes to me. by the way, sorry... the head of the program at central isn't going anywhere...

because it wasnt publicize as much... noone talks about rayl till he leaves meigs,and if your a qb you dont tell your line that they are weak idc who you are