Union City's Newest / Coach Bowling & Coach Kennedy

uctfan

Well, now that Union City has their two ( 2 ) newest coaches in place, it will be very INTERESTING to see how many kids come from the county to play football at Union City. I have already been told that a few kids from the jr. high schools will transfer after their 8th grade year to start their new football career at Union City.

Things will change at Union City, no doubt! Coach Kennedy makes the icing on the Union City cake and we will see what happens with the other coaches....who stays and who else comes in with Bowling. This is a BIG thing for Union City....a team and town not use to being in the situation they have been in the last 5 to 7 years. We are use to winning and running the table down deep into the playoffs. We have lost our last games to teams like Gleason....I can promise you that.

Time is on Union City's side and Darren and Wes will turn things around very quickly with the kids coming up that have been playing.

Time will tell and Union City has a watch that will be FUN TO "Watch".

Go Union City and the fans of Union City are very glad to have Coach Bowling and Coach Kennedy on our sidelines.

See you folks in 2008!

Merry Christmas

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will happen when all the county kids go to UC like you say

and you end up back in AA with WESTVIEW and MILAN ?

We will be ready. That will not and the school system is already predicting that we will be totally back in AA not this next change over period but the next. I think in about 5 years is what they are saying. Right now the 5th grade is planning on moving to the middle school where it now is 6th - 5th grade and the start of 2008 or 2009 it will be 5th - 8th grade.

The 1st graders for next years class will be the largest in about 10 years or so.

We will see. Do you remeber the years back in the early 80's through the late 1990's were there were several groups of kids that went to the county through their 8th grade year and then transfered to the city for 9th - 12th grades.

Time will only tell but I will say this, I know of Coach Darren Bowling and have talked with many OCCHS parent before he left the Central and now after he has announced the move , how well they liked him and he WILL turn the Union City Program back in a direction upward and back to the state.

Union City is still Union City....we have competed in AA before...not long ago and went to the clinic bowl two time farely close together. Yes, we lost but we did end up with a Silver Ball...better than the other schools that year other that the winners.

I think from the folks I have spoken to and the chatter out in the county is the kids like coach Bowling really well and had a great team(s) while at OCCHS. He can and WILL do the same at union City with better facilities. The question is , can the County kids make the grades at Union City? Some have found out that is is a little harder here than at Troy. Kids just have to hit the books a little harder from the kids and parents I know in the U C system. I currently know parents whos kids have come from the county in the last 3 years and the kids say it is really harder and more requirements at Union City. They only know.

Anyway, Central will see some kids leave but the main core will stay. The jr. high programs are where things might change like it was back 20 years ago.

The kids will love coach Bowling that is why coach Kennedy is coming, he will be the one to

run a tight ship

Yes, you are right. I met coach Wes Kennedy when we played his team ( Fayette Acd. ) back in 2005 at Union City during the playoffs when we did go to the Clinic Bowl and got POUNDED by Trousdale County.

I / we have been told alot about coach Kennedy and about his coaching ablility.

It should be good. We are ready for the season to start now.

I don't believe you will see a large movement of county kids to the city school. There are some every year that go from county junior high to city high school, then there are those like P&G's son that returned to the county. I know of another that will be transferring back to the county after Christmas break. There will always be some kids that leave one school for the other, but I don't think there will be a migration of county kids to the city school just to be with Coach Bowling. He is a good christian man, a good coach, and well liked. But I don't think he will create an increase in the city school numbers. Best wishes Darren.

We will be ready. That will not and the school system is already predicting that we will be totally back in AA not this next change over period but the next. I think in about 5 years is what they are saying. Right now the 5th grade is planning on moving to the middle school where it now is 6th - 5th grade and the start of 2008 or 2009 it will be 5th - 8th grade.

The 1st graders for next years class will be the largest in about 10 years or so.

We will see. Do you remeber the years back in the early 80's through the late 1990's were there were several groups of kids that went to the county through their 8th grade year and then transfered to the city for 9th - 12th grades.

Time will only tell but I will say this, I know of Coach Darren Bowling and have talked with many OCCHS parent before he left the Central and now after he has announced the move , how well they liked him and he WILL turn the Union City Program back in a direction upward and back to the state.

Union City is still Union City....we have competed in AA before...not long ago and went to the clinic bowl two time farely close together. Yes, we lost but we did end up with a Silver Ball...better than the other schools that year other that the winners.

I think from the folks I have spoken to and the chatter out in the county is the kids like coach Bowling really well and had a great team(s) while at OCCHS. He can and WILL do the same at union City with better facilities. The question is , can the County kids make the grades at Union City? Some have found out that is is a little harder here than at Troy. Kids just have to hit the books a little harder from the kids and parents I know in the U C system. I currently know parents whos kids have come from the county in the last 3 years and the kids say it is really harder and more requirements at Union City. They only know.

Anyway, Central will see some kids leave but the main core will stay. The jr. high programs are where things might change like it was back 20 years ago.

Better facilities? Tougher to make the grades? I don't know about either of those statements.

I thought that the reason why some kids left Union City was because there were too many black kids. That's what I was told.

You would have to ask those folks who left, why they left. No, I do not think the reason is for the color of anyones skin. Look at the county, they are full of Mexican children.

The main reason for some, and I express some of the kids are because when the Obion County school board decided back several years ago to build new schools ( elementary schools ) , two to be exact just outside the city limits. The kids who were coming into the city from the county would have to come right by these schools where they ( County School Board ) agreed to build them. When they, ( the parents ) look at this and said, we are driving by these new schools, why aren't we going there. Also, they county has always offered busses when the city did not. Now the city runs at least 6 or 7 busses in town. Also, I know several parents whos kids are now coming to the city and they live outside the city limits.

People choose what they choose.

Union City is one of the BEST Schools systems in the state and has the numbers to prove that. The county is a good system as well. For that matter, I may live in the county and my kids goes to the city. I might have even gone to the county school myself.

It's not about the color of your skin, it's about where the parents feel comfortable sending their kids. Another thing, at Union City all of the schools are within a rocks throw from one another.

This post is about Union City's newest coaches anyway, not about why or who should go to what school and lets keep it that way!

You would have to ask those folks who left, why they left. No, I do not think the reason is for the color of anyones skin. Look at the county, they are full of Mexican children.

The main reason for some, and I express some of the kids are because when the Obion County school board decided back several years ago to build new schools ( elementary schools ) , two to be exact just outside the city limits. The kids who were coming into the city from the county would have to come right by these schools where they ( County School Board ) agreed to build them. When they, ( the parents ) look at this and said, we are driving by these new schools, why aren't we going there. Also, they county has always offered busses when the city did not. Now the city runs at least 6 or 7 busses in town. Also, I know several parents whos kids are now coming to the city and they live outside the city limits.

People choose what they choose.

Union City is one of the BEST Schools systems in the state and has the numbers to prove that. The county is a good system as well. For that matter, I may live in the county and my kids goes to the city. I might have even gone to the county school myself.

It's not about the color of your skin, it's about where the parents feel comfortable sending their kids. Another thing, at Union City all of the schools are within a rocks throw from one another.

This post is about Union City's newest coaches anyway, not about why or who should go to what school and lets keep it that way!

I know that its about the new football coaches. Some people were saying that the coaches would bring the kids back. I was just stating why I had been told that they left. A good friend of mine went to UCHS her freshman year. Her dad pulled her out at the end of her freshman year. She told me that he did it because there were too many blacks. I think that was a dumb reason. Also, one girl said she transferred from the city to the county because she was bullied.