Collinwood vs. Forrest

jollygreengiant

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is, if I had to miss a game all year (which I missed this one), this would have been the one NOT to miss /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> First I would like to congratulate the LADY ROCKETS on this Double overtime win against the Trojanettes. I was filled in by texting on the scores and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!! What a game this must have been! Collinwood is such a quality team and both teams should be proud! Again way to go and Best of Luck against Wayne County tonight....I will be waiting for my text messages way up here (as 7awatcher says in another country /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> in Maine)........GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

I can only get on the internet up here at a local Dunkin Donuts....great for the waistline, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

All I can say is, if I had to miss a game all year (which I missed this one), this would have been the one NOT to miss /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> First I would like to congratulate the LADY ROCKETS on this Double overtime win against the Trojanettes. I was filled in by texting on the scores and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!!! What a game this must have been! Collinwood is such a quality team and both teams should be proud! Again way to go and Best of Luck against Wayne County tonight....I will be waiting for my text messages way up here (as 7awatcher says in another country /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> in Maine)........GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!

AuntKim sorry there was no radio for the Forrest-CW game last night. The Forrest - Wayne Co. game will be on 930am.net today though. Just remember this will be a homer station. LOL

AuntKim sorry there was no radio for the Forrest-CW game last night. The Forrest - Wayne Co. game will be on 930am.net today though. Just remember this will be a homer station. LOL

Thanks cat1973 for the info...wish I could hear the game but I won't be able to have the internet tonight....probably would scream at the computer with the "homer" comments anyway /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Good luck to your team, stay injury free and let's hope for another barnburner!!! GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!!!

I can only get on the internet up here at a local Dunkin Donuts....great for the waistline, /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It was the best game I have seen in Class A all year. Daniel (Collinwood) forced the first overtime with her basket and then Young (Forrest) forced the second overtime with a three-pointer. Forrest kept feeding the ball inside and the Lady Rockets controlled Collinwood in the paint. At one point, it seemed like Forrest was getting every single rebound. Young (AuntKim, you would have been so proud) really came alive in the overtime periods. It was a great game by both teams.

The first game between Richland and Wayne County wasn't too shabby either. The Lady Cats controlled the game from the onset and would have ran away with it had it not been for the insanely hot shooting of Anna Bell. The Lady Raiders still can't find a way to beat a District 12A team (maybe they'll beat Collinwood today?) I could have done without all the dramatics at the end of the ballgame, but it was a pretty intense game.

I definitely got my five dollars worth yesterday.

It was the best game I have seen in Class A all year. Daniel (Collinwood) forced the first overtime with her basket and then Young (Forrest) forced the second overtime with a three-pointer. Forrest kept feeding the ball inside and the Lady Rockets controlled Collinwood in the paint. At one point, it seemed like Forrest was getting every single rebound. Young (AuntKim, you would have been so proud) really came alive in the overtime periods. It was a great game by both teams.

The first game between Richland and Wayne County wasn't too shabby either. The Lady Cats controlled the game from the onset and would have ran away with it had it not been for the insanely hot shooting of Anna Bell. The Lady Raiders still can't find a way to beat a District 12A team (maybe they'll beat Collinwood today?) I could have done without all the dramatics at the end of the ballgame, but it was a pretty intense game.

I definitely got my five dollars worth yesterday.

Yes the showboating at the was distasteful even for a WC fan as myself. No reason for it.

What happened at the end of the first game?

The Richland coach told his girls to just let Wayne County run the clock down, so the Wayne County player who had the ball did her own rendition of what I will call the "hokey-pokey" while keeping her pivot foot. The coach told her to stop and she did.

Then some of Richland parents starting yelling some things at the player and then started yelling for the Richland players to not shake the hands of the players of the Wayne County team. While I don't agree with what the player did, she is only a kid and whether she was aware or not that what she was doing was "unsportsmanlike," I cannot say. However, the adults yelling at the kid and then telling their players not to shake the other team's hands was uncalled for. They are adults and should act like it.

One of those parents who was yelling at the end had been yelling since the tip-off. At one point, Coach Hall of Richland accidently (?) put in only four players, which led to a lay-up by Wayne County. This parent then charged down the bleachers like a bull and preceded to yell and scream at the coach saying a little more than just: "You only have four players out there coach." This is the second time I have watched Richland play this year and both times this "adult" has been a little out of control. I'm sure this parent means well and just wants the team to do well, but they take attention away from the girls and the game. All parents should just let the referees ref, the coaches coach, and the girls play.