Greenbank Ladies Classic

hoopenitup

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the first game that Greeneville played in had any calls that changed the game for either team....I guess that you failed to mention the disaster that Briarcrest had to go through during their game with South Greene. So I don't believe I would focus on the Greeneville Boys and Girls teams. Anyone that seen this tournament will agree that the officiating was horrible during all games, not just the Greeneville games.

Lake Mary flew in to the tricities airport. Their travel time was only an hour. So I don't think that had a lot to do with how the game went. Give credit where credit is due and say that Greeneville was prepared for this team by their coaches and the players went out and executed the game plan.

I have to say that we did get to see a lot of talent and a lot of good teams. I also think that we got to see some of the best coaches in the State of Tennessee (Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Briarcrest, Greeneville, Upperman) This tournament was great for the players and coaches. They will only get better and come tournament time they will be prepared to make it to the next level.

My predictions for the end of the year is that you will see Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Greeneville, Memphis Central, South Greene and Briarcrest all at the state tournament. Good luck to all and God Bless!

Good Post.

Devilettes should beat upperman....Mt. Juliet will have a chance to win the whole thing. I'm not sure about Wilson Central...they need better guard play.

You must not watch many WC games if you think they need better guard play. One guard set the all time tournament assist record with 13 in the first game. Both guards contributed to a big championship win on offense and defense.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I don't believe the first game that Greeneville played in had any calls that changed the game for either team....I guess that you failed to mention the disaster that Briarcrest had to go through during their game with South Greene. So I don't believe I would focus on the Greeneville Boys and Girls teams. Anyone that seen this tournament will agree that the officiating was horrible during all games, not just the Greeneville games.

Lake Mary flew in to the tricities airport. Their travel time was only an hour. So I don't think that had a lot to do with how the game went. Give credit where credit is due and say that Greeneville was prepared for this team by their coaches and the players went out and executed the game plan.

I have to say that we did get to see a lot of talent and a lot of good teams. I also think that we got to see some of the best coaches in the State of Tennessee (Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Briarcrest, Greeneville, Upperman) This tournament was great for the players and coaches. They will only get better and come tournament time they will be prepared to make it to the next level.

My predictions for the end of the year is that you will see Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central, Greeneville, Memphis Central, South Greene and Briarcrest all at the state tournament. Good luck to all and God Bless!

Let me backstep a little. I think officiating Greeneville/Greene County has been and is poor year round. There are tons of talent on both teams. I think there is enough talent to in Greeneville to bring home a state title this year and next. I hope it happens. I just think the ref situation doesn't help the team any, Nor does it help to bring great talent continuously to play holiday in tournaments. Good luck, thats a part of the equation also.

BudB strikes again. Wins another close one. I'd say where Bud differs from some other is he can give the girls a push and come up with some winning strategy whereas others simply depend entirely on hoping their players are better. Of course his dynamic assistant coach is a big plus as well.

BudB strikes again. Wins another close one. I'd say where Bud differs from some other is he can give the girls a push and come up with some winning strategy whereas others simply depend entirely on hoping their players are better. Of course his dynamic assistant coach is a big plus as well.

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> How do you top that?

Congrats Ladies!!!

Which team will bring home the hardware?

Congratulations Lady Wildcats

Special thanks to Greeneville and Green Bank for hosting the tournament! Very organized and friendly staff.

Look forward to next year (how about a Cracker Barrel before then?) /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wilson Central overcame a first half deficit and beat Tennessee High 63-54. WC had 25 turnovers. Is this why the Mighty Kitties are playing so many tight games? Guard Play?

You have been awful quiet there little MJ cub and beyond. Are you hibernating after seeing the outcome of the tournament and all tournament guard selections?

Who were the all tourney selections?

You can review the tournament info by searching the Greenbank Ladies Classic. The link may not open, but hit the default link and it will take you to the website. Below is the info I received off of it.

2007 All-Tournament Team

Jasmine Hassell, Wilson Central (MVP); Nicole Dickson, Greeneville; Karissa Dyer, Upperman; Jordan Nixon, Mt. Juliet; Jordan Coleman, Lake Mary (Fla.); Caitlin House, Briarcrest; Lateira Owens, Columbia Central; Chelsea Burroughs, Wilson Central; Britt Bell, Mt. Juliet; Heather Miller, Mt. Juliet; Megan Clevenger, South Greene; Jasmine Taylor, Memphis Central; Danielle Montgomery, Tennessee High; Lasay Davis, Upperman; Jessyca Christopher, Wilson Central.

I have tried my best to not say much about the ref situation in Greene County. I have coached at the H.S. level and feel that in is an injustice to our players, to our coaches, and to our fans. I was able to attend one day at the Ladies classics and its the same crew you have for all Greeneville games most of the time and the same crew you have at the Landair classic. If I were an out of state team, I would NEVER play in a Greeneville tournament where Greeneville was involved at Hal-Henard. If anyone disagrees, thats fine. But you must not have seen the Bradley Central vs. Greeneville (boys) or Knox Webb vs Greeneville (girls) last year, or Greenevilles first game of this tournament. Anyway, they may eventually learn that other options are available or as attendance declines and the tournament doesn't continue to be one ranked nationally. Good luck, as a fan of Greeneville and Greene County basketball, I hope we make a change.

"it's the same crew you have for all Greenville games most of the time"

I don't think this is possible.