MBA DUALS AND BA DUALS

tnko

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ARE THERE ANY RESULTS FROM EITHER THE MBA DUALS OR THE BRENTWOOD ACADEMY DUALS THIS PAST SATURDAY?

MBA Duals:

Round 1: Tullahoma beat FRA, Father Ryan and MBA did not wrestle, East Lit-bye.

Round 2: Father Ryan beat FRA, East Lit beat MBA, Tullahoma-bye

Round 3: Father Ryan beat East Lit, Tullahoma beat MBA, FRA-bye

Round 4: MBA beat FRA, Tullahoma VS. East Lit---not sure, Father Ryan-bye

Round 5: Father Ryan beat Tullahoma, East Lit beat FRA, MBA bye

Sorry, don't have all the match scores.

Ryan looked very strong------none of their three wins were close.

MBA-Tullahoma match was the most exciting------not determined until final match at 160 with MBA needing a pin to win.

Two weight classes of interest:

215: Cody Quick,Tullahoma (No. 1 Matman, No. 2 Bray), Ben Bartholomew,MBA (unranked for now because this was his first match of the season ), Sam Clanton ( No. 4 Bray,No.4 Matman). Quick pinned Bartholomew late in the third period----in the finalminute. Clanton major decisioned Quick 17-9.

145: Patrick Marchetti, Father Ryan ( No.2 Bray, No. 1 Matman), Shawn Garrett, East Lit ( No.5 Matman, No. 5 Bray at 140), Austin Sohr, FRA ( No. 4 Bray at 140). Marchetti beat Sohr 8-4. Marchetti tech-falled/pinned Garrett---not sure which, came late in match with Marchetti up by 15 but looked like he got the pin----turned to watch something the other mat and when I turned back Marchetti was getting his hand raised. Sohr defeated Garrett by injury default (shoulder) in second period with Sohr leading 7-4.

MBA Duals:

MBA-Tullahoma match was the most exciting------not determined until final match at 160 with MBA needing a pin to win.

215: Cody Quick,Tullahoma (No. 1 Matman, No. 2 Bray), Ben Bartholomew,MBA (unranked for now because this was his first match of the season ), Sam Clanton ( No. 4 Bray,No.4 Matman). Quick pinned Bartholomew late in the third period----in the finalminute. Clanton major decisioned Quick 17-9.

145: Patrick Marchetti, Father Ryan ( No.2 Bray, No. 1 Matman), Shawn Garrett, East Lit ( No.5 Matman, No. 5 Bray at 140), Austin Sohr, FRA ( No. 4 Bray at 140). Marchetti beat Sohr 8-4. Marchetti tech-falled/pinned Garrett---not sure which, came late in match with Marchetti up by 15 but looked like he got the pin----turned to watch something the other mat and when I turned back Marchetti was getting his hand raised. Sohr defeated Garrett by injury default (shoulder) in second period with Sohr leading 7-4.

WHERE WAS MT. JULIET? I THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THERE. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

MBA Duals:

I was there. If Shawn is ranked in the state that is a joke. Marchetti whipped his you know what. Then Garrett quit. I mean quit. He just laid down a let himself get pinned I guess because he was getting beat so bad. When he walked off the mat he told his coach he wanted a rematch. Mr. Garrett does not want a rematch believe me.

Father Ryan is loaded! There is not a weakness in there lineup. They should make a serious run at the state duels. Michael Goodrum did not wrestle, but they had a very good replacement at 171. Who was that guy?

Ryan is indeed a a very strong team. They won every contest easily. East Lit beat MBA something like 40-30, then turned around and wrestled Father Ryan. Ryan won 54-12. Tullahoma likewise beat MBA. At one point Tullahoma had an 11-9 lead. The Ryan stepped on the gas. I left before that match concluded with Ryan ahead 44-11. They did without Ryne Miller, Kevin Mix or Zack Hermann-----all returning medalists--------- in their lineup at the matches at MBA on Saturday. When all of them return and are in the line-up, they will be stronger. It should be Baylor and Ryan for the D-II dual title.

Goodrum did wrestle. He bumped to 189 for the day. The kid who wrestled 171 was Wes Wesley.

Ryan is indeed a a very strong team. They won every contest easily. East Lit beat MBA something like 40-30, then turned around and wrestled Father Ryan. Ryan won 54-12. Tullahoma likewise beat MBA. At one point Tullahoma had an 11-9 lead. The Ryan stepped on the gas. I left before that match concluded with Ryan ahead 44-11. They did without Ryne Miller, Kevin Mix or Zack Hermann-----all returning medalists--------- in their lineup at the matches at MBA on Saturday. When all of them return and are in the line-up, they will be stronger. It should be Baylor and Ryan for the D-II dual title.

Goodrum did wrestle. He bumped to 189 for the day. The kid who wrestled 171 was Wes Wesley.

when are miller, mix and hermann going to return? where have they been? one coach at FR told me Mix was in Panama...the country...

when are miller, mix and hermann going to return? where have they been? one coach at FR told me Mix was in Panama...the country...

those three along with lawrence who is the 52 are all injured. if they have all of them back in the line up for collins hill dulas they should do very well.

I was there. If Shawn is ranked in the state that is a joke. Marchetti whipped his you know what. Then Garrett quit. I mean quit. He just laid down a let himself get pinned I guess because he was getting beat so bad. When he walked off the mat he told his coach he wanted a rematch. Mr. Garrett does not want a rematch believe me.

Just because Marchetti whooped Garrett dosnt mean he dosent deserve to be on matman rankings. Marchetti is a phenominal wrestler that will by all means make other good wrestlers look terrible.

From what I know about Mr. Garrett, he probably does want a rematch because good wrestlers should want to wrestle other good wrestlers. Marchetti was focused and wrestled his match and Garrett was not. Marchetti was suppose to win that match and will win again in a rematch, but that doen't mean Garrett should not want a rematch because he got whipped the first time. They wont wrestle this season, but maybe in the offseason they might show up to the same tournament and I am sure neither one will pass up the chance to wrestle again. As for Sohr (FRA), East Lit and FRA will more than likely face off at the sectional dual and Garrett will wrestle up at 145 to face him again and Sohr will come with 5 pts if he last the whole match. I know that is a bold statement but from what I saw, Sohr scored all his points after the shoulder injury.

From what I know about Mr. Garrett, he probably does want a rematch because good wrestlers should want to wrestle other good wrestlers. Marchetti was focused and wrestled his match and Garrett was not. Marchetti was suppose to win that match and will win again in a rematch, but that doen't mean Garrett should not want a rematch because he got whipped the first time. They wont wrestle this season, but maybe in the offseason they might show up to the same tournament and I am sure neither one will pass up the chance to wrestle again. As for Sohr (FRA), East Lit and FRA will more than likely face off at the sectional dual and Garrett will wrestle up at 145 to face him again and Sohr will come with 5 pts if he last the whole match. I know that is a bold statement but from what I saw, Sohr scored all his points after the shoulder injury.

Good wrestlers should want a rematch. I do not think Mr. Garrett is there yet. My meaning is a good wrestler does not just lie down a get pinned without fighting. He gave up. Plain and simple he gave up. A wrestler that just gives up is not a good wrestler.