Camden Basketball

theplaintruth

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet it's a legal move. Would be pretty moronic for someone to try to get away with moving from BS to Camden illegally. With that rivalry, the whistle would be blown pretty quick, don't you think?

Yes I do, however, you know I was just curious, because we all know about one freshman who was not eligible for football and had to sit out, now don't we. If the rule applies to one sport you would think it would apply to all, If the Weed kid was given and gave the correct information, I feel it is just to bad the young man for football did not have the same connections and opportunity. (Could'nt dress for varsity and had to play JV only, what a croc that is!) I believe if you'll check the rules It says that ALL players whether playing in a JV, Freshman or Varsity game will be players that have met All eligibility requirements and are from the varsity roster that is reported to TSSAA.

Folks before you start throwing accusations out you should check the rules. This kid is eligible immediately because he was a hardship case. His mother went to work at Camden. The TSSAA has a rule in place that allows a kid to follow his parent without sitting out and without having to move. It is not that uncommon and another example of this is the kid at Dyersburg who left Obion Co.

Yes I do, however, you know I was just curious, because we all know about one freshman who was not eligible for football and had to sit out, now don't we. If the rule applies to one sport you would think it would apply to all, If the Weed kid was given and gave the correct information, I feel it is just to bad the young man for football did not have the same connections and opportunity. (Could'nt dress for varsity and had to play JV only, what a croc that is!) I believe if you'll check the rules It says that ALL players whether playing in a JV, Freshman or Varsity game will be players that have met All eligibility requirements and are from the varsity roster that is reported to TSSAA.

Who is the kid that had to sit out because he came to play football at Camden? Since when did a kid have to become eligible when there is no available football program at his school and there is a co-op agreement between his school and another school in the county? Kids from Big Sandy have played in the past and had no eligibility requirements. Are you sure it wasn't just because he didn't go through summer workouts or didn't particpate in camp? Sounds screwy to me...

Puff is right...if the Weed kid's mom came to work at Camden he is automatically eligible to transfer and play ball immediately. People need to learn the rules before they start spreading this stuff...this is crap more suited to that embarrassment of a website we have in this county than for CoachT.

Who is the kid that had to sit out because he came to play football at Camden? Since when did a kid have to become eligible when there is no available football program at his school and there is a co-op agreement between his school and another school in the county? Kids from Big Sandy have played in the past and had no eligibility requirements. Are you sure it wasn't just because he didn't go through summer workouts or didn't particpate in camp? Sounds screwy to me...

Puff is right...if the Weed kid's mom came to work at Camden he is automatically eligible to transfer and play ball immediately. People need to learn the rules before they start spreading this stuff...this is crap more suited to that embarrassment of a website we have in this county than for CoachT.

I haven't understood why the student had to sit out, but, I don't think they pushed the issue too much since he was a freshman and wouldn't get much playing time anyway. He has played Camden football all the way through junior high and went to workouts all summer only to find out he was only eligible to play in the JV games after transferring to Camden. Going to school at Big Sandy and on the Camden football team on one day and then going to Camden and ineligible the next. It will be the same way in baseball this spring too. He will have to sit out this year and only play JV games unless something has changed. But he played on Big Sandy's high school baseball team last year as a eighth grader so that may have played into it too.

P.S. Weed's mom is the algebra teacher at CHS now. So he is legal to play. They actually didn't put him on the varsity team until after the season started. He was showing out in the JV games (they are undefeated).

What a load of bull hockey! If you were 'just curious,' why were you posting accusations?

Curiosity? Smells more like sour grapes to me. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

You guys have a good one in coach Morris. Camden has been lucky with the coaches you have had - Greer, martin, Morris. Cornbread - are you are the same one that played there in early 80's?