Rhea County

realdeal34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't had a chance to see this Tallent kid play yet, but from what I hear he sounds like hes gonna be good. I was unsure about this years team, but from what I read in the paper about last weeks scrimmage against science hill it sounds like were in pretty good shape. Hopefully i'll get to attend the scrimmage tomorrow and find out for sure. It's at home right?

i haven't had a chance to see this Tallent kid play yet, but from what I hear he sounds like hes gonna be good. I was unsure about this years team, but from what I read in the paper about last weeks scrimmage against science hill it sounds like were in pretty good shape. Hopefully i'll get to attend the scrimmage tomorrow and find out for sure. It's at home right?

Yeah thinks are looking good so far in the preseason. Offense is starting to click and the defense is getting there. The Scrimmage against Marion Co, is at home tomorrow at 6:30. There is also the jamboree friday at Finley at 9:00 against Ooltewah and then next tuesday the 19th there is a scrimmage against Baylor at home.

Oh and one last thing m4rcut you need to go watch your sister in a match before you head back to college.

Good scrimmage tonight, but it did lack alittle intensity like the other scrimmages. The offense was very very balanced tonight. 9 of 15 3 TDs through the air with 179 yards passing tonight by Cam Tallent. A.J. had 100 of those yards. Moffett ran the ball really well collecting 76 yards of 180 total yards rushing. Moffett would have had more if it wasn't for a penalty that brought the ball back some 20 yards, Moffett had some great balance on that run too. The O-line just absolutely man handled Marion's defensive front. The defense in the secondary played really well tonight only giving up really one huge play that went for 57 yards on a ball that should have been dropped. The linebacking corp really missed Newt tonight, but Rice did ok filling in just missed a few plays. The D line is getting better. The one area that Marion got us into night was in the running game when we was on defense. Marion had two really good backs running the ball tonight. Overall not bad beating a team that returned all 22 starters from last year 34-15. Practice tomorrow and thursday and then Friday night Max Finley Stadium Davenport Field Rhea Co. vs. Ooltewah at 9 pm. Ooltewah is going to be the toughest team Rhea will see until red bank.

Good scrimmage tonight, but it did lack alittle intensity like the other scrimmages. The offense was very very balanced tonight. 9 of 15 3 TDs through the air with 179 yards passing tonight by Cam Tallent. A.J. had 100 of those yards. Moffett ran the ball really well collecting 76 yards of 180 total yards rushing. The O-line just absolutely man handled Marion's defensive front. The defense in the secondary played really well tonight only giving up really one huge play that went for 57 yards on a ball that should have been dropped. The linebacking corp really missed Newt tonight, but Rice did ok filling in just missed a few plays. The D line is getting better. The one area that Marion got us into night was in the running game when we was on defense. Marion had to really good backs running the ball tonight. Overall not bad beating a team that returned all 22 starters from last year 34-15. Practice tomorrow and thursday and then Friday night Max Finley Stadium Davenport Field Rhea Co. vs. Ooltewah at 9 pm. Ooltewah is going to be the toughest team Rhea will see until red bank.

I'm glad i got a chance to go see the boys tonight. It looks like Brown and Moffet are the playmakers to me, and most of our offense is going to be based around those two. The right side of our line looks good too. we should be able to run the ball behind them. I didn't see anything out of that QB that made me think he was anything compared to an Andy Kelly or even a Ryan Sharpe. That being said, he is just a sophomore.

of course we're not going to be able to stop the run with the three front defense. It's been a plague to Rhea County football for the past half decade. Just from looking at that marion team it was pretty obvious that we had no business playing them...they're just not very good. Not being able to stop their rushing attack scares me.

Let us know how it goes friday night against the Owls Rhea Co.

I'm glad i got a chance to go see the boys tonight. It looks like Brown and Moffet are the playmakers to me, and most of our offense is going to be based around those two. The right side of our line looks good too. we should be able to run the ball behind them. I didn't see anything out of that QB that made me think he was anything compared to an Andy Kelly or even a Ryan Sharpe. That being said, he is just a sophomore.

of course we're not going to be able to stop the run with the three front defense. It's been a plague to Rhea County football for the past half decade. Just from looking at that marion team it was pretty obvious that we had no business playing them...they're just not very good. Not being able to stop their rushing attack scares me.

Yeah I think tomorrows practice is going to be all defense and working out the problems on run stop. The 3 front is all new starters so they are still learning a little. They have the tools to be good linemen they just need the playing time. But the coaches are adding in plays with a 4 man front. They ran some 4 man front tonight and did pretty good for I think may the 1st or 2nd time they have going to a 4 man front so far this preseason. Honestly I would have thought Marion would have been better than they are, but then again I thought the same thing with Science Hill too.

Moffet and A.J. are going to be the big time playmakers for the team, but then again if they get covered up then J.T. Stone, Swafford, Hester, and if he can get healthy Duny all have the ability to make a big plays. And speaking of Swafford great pick off of the pitch and taking it 92 yards to the house. Oh yes the right side with my two big buddies Kevin Revis and Josh Walker will open holes and they play mean and nasty every snap.

You hit it right on the head. Cam Tallent is only a sophomore, he has a lot of room to improve and get better and maybe become a great QB. He is pretty good now but let him gain some experience on the field and he has a chance to be a great QB.

Oh I plan on being there both nights.

So let me get this straight, you didnt think Marion (2a) was not very good against your 4a school...but your scared becouse your team couldnt stop the rushing attack against a not so very good team...

Guess Marion was better than you thought....

So let me get this straight, you didnt think Marion (2a) was not very good against your 4a school...but your scared becouse your team couldnt stop the rushing attack against a not so very good team...

Guess Marion was better than you thought....

Rhea is a 1500 student 5A school playing down in 4A, though it's not their fault, it's the TSSAA's for not reclassifying more often.