Rhea County

realdeal34

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is so old...

Either A you don't know Coach Nichols or B Nichols was not being serious with you. I would like to add the real reason is his son graduated and he just want more free time and go play more golf. People don't realize how much time it takes up even as a freshman head coach. In all honesty I see coach nichlos retiring from teaching in a few years once his son is out of college. On top of that Coach Nichlos hated Hammontree. Coach Nichlos refused to go to any game that Hammontree was even at.

[/quote

A I do kno nichols and B i wouldnt have posted anything like that unless i knew the man was serious

when he told me! It may not have had anything to do with him retiring from coaching but he and I and

numerous conversations about how lousy the coaching staff was and is... First of all our running backs coach

was an offensive linemen his entire football career, he was also the offensive coordinator in which he was garbage as I personally liked Kinney more! On behalf of Fitz he doesn't have the backbone to be a Head Coach

he listens to his assistants extremely to much has no idea where to use his talent! Justin Hackler one of the best athletes on the team was a bench rider most of his career, duny played fullback after chris got hurt he's probably 155...Josh Davis P/QB is the worst thing to happen to the school since its 0-10 season in its first year of existence!

Ryne Anderson was an awesome wideout who also played safety had no business on the defensive side of the ball watched too many players run through his weak arm tackles...I could go on and on! The only coaches they have are Mitchell,and new edition Coach Cook of Spring City Middle which i believe was 68-18 during his tenure in which they won numerous championships!!! COOK FOR HEAD COACH!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A I do kno nichols and B i wouldnt have posted anything like that unless i knew the man was serious

when he told me! It may not have had anything to do with him retiring from coaching but he and I and

numerous conversations about how lousy the coaching staff was and is... First of all our running backs coach

was an offensive linemen his entire football career, he was also the offensive coordinator in which he was garbage as I personally liked Kinney more! On behalf of Fitz he doesn't have the backbone to be a Head Coach

he listens to his assistants extremely to much has no idea where to use his talent! Justin Hackler one of the best athletes on the team was a bench rider most of his career, duny played fullback after chris got hurt he's probably 155...Josh Davis P/QB is the worst thing to happen to the school since its 0-10 season in its first year of existence!

Ryne Anderson was an awesome wideout who also played safety had no business on the defensive side of the ball watched too many players run through his weak arm tackles...I could go on and on! The only coaches they have are Mitchell,and new edition Coach Cook of Spring City Middle which i believe was 68-18 during his tenure in which they won numerous championships!!! COOK FOR HEAD COACH!!

Here we go again.....

Nichlos always tells me the same thing but I can tell he is joking. I have know him way to long to know when he is joking and when he is serious. I'll ask him tomorrow, when I set up a round of golf with him. Kinney is a good coach but he should have never left he truly wanted the job. Why not listen to the assistants, he hears what they have to say and then he makes the decisions off of their information on that particular unit be the QBs, LBs,and so on. It is just like any other job out there, you have got to listen to the people that help you. If not you then make even worse decisions, because you have no information on what you are making decisions on. I think he does a very good job with what talent that is on the team year in and year out.

Hack was a good long snapper and an ok LB,and if he was better he would have played more. Hack also has had off the field legal problems like this pass spring.

The move with Duny was to just put the next best back in the back field. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Josh is one of the best things to happen to Rhea. Rhea has never had a punter as good as Josh, and should be one of the next players off this team to commit to play in college. Well on to your last statement Cook is still learning his new position at the high school level and is nowhere near being ready to take over a head job at the high school level. He is a great middle school coach but, the difference between a head coach at the high school football coaching level and middle school football coaching level is huge. Cook would be the first to tell you that the difference is greatly different.

Here we go again.....

Nichlos always tells me the same thing but I can tell he is joking. I have know him way to long to know when he is joking and when he is serious. I'll ask him tomorrow, when I set up a round of golf with him. Kinney is a good coach but he should have never left he truly wanted the job. Why not listen to the assistants, he hears what they have to say and then he makes the decisions off of their information on that particular unit be the QBs, LBs,and so on. It is just like any other job out there, you have got to listen to the people that help you. If not you then make even worse decisions, because you have no information on what you are making decisions on. I think he does a very good job with what talent that is on the team year in and year out.

Hack was a good long snapper and an ok LB,and if he was better he would have played more. Hack also has had off the field legal problems like this pass spring.

The move with Duny was to just put the next best back in the back field. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Josh is one of the best things to happen to Rhea. Rhea has never had a punter as good as Josh, and should be one of the next players off this team to commit to play in college. Well on to your last statement Cook is still learning his new position at the high school level and is nowhere near being ready to take over a head job at the high school level. He is a great middle school coach but, the difference between a head coach at the high school football coaching level and middle school football coaching level is huge. Cook would be the first to tell you that the difference is greatly different.

You have good points i'm not trying to argue i'm just saying what i think...I understand that on a team or in any work place communication is key when you kno what you are talking about cameron knows nothing about running backs or offense...Coach Davis is an exceptional linebackers coach,and Mitchell is one of the greatest O -line coaches i've every come across! Hampton I still have no clue what he does! I agree Hack was a good long snapper but the kid should've played QB they say he didnt because of his height but he is the same height as josh and more of an athlete he threw better, he was just all around better, he was my QB freshmen year... On the subject of davis he has no business on the offense anywhere I dont kno if you watched the red bank or maryville game and saw his perfomance but he's not a very good decision maker the kid can punt and thats where his time on the feild should be spent! I agree cookie has a while to wait till he is ready but he is an exceptional coach!!! If the coaches play everyone where they should be played now i was on this team and i kno the ability of most of the guys...Our line play this year should dominant if moffett is ready our back field will be deadly(i believe thats where they moved him) our wideouts are good lead by a.j. and our defense should be stacked lead by fich and newt if everything goes well and the coaches coach decent and play the right kids this year this is the year we go deep into the playoffs and maybe even play for a state championship!!!!! Oh and tell nichols i said hey! and hacks issues had nothing to do with his on the feild performance it happened the last week of school!

You have good points i'm not trying to argue i'm just saying what i think...I understand that on a team or in any work place communication is key when you kno what you are talking about cameron knows nothing about running backs or offense...Coach Davis is an exceptional linebackers coach,and Mitchell is one of the greatest O -line coaches i've every come across! Hampton I still have no clue what he does! I agree Hack was a good long snapper but the kid should've played QB they say he didnt because of his height but he is the same height as josh and more of an athlete he threw better, he was just all around better, he was my QB freshmen year... On the subject of davis he has no business on the offense anywhere I dont kno if you watched the red bank or maryville game and saw his perfomance but he's not a very good decision maker the kid can punt and thats where his time on the feild should be spent! I agree cookie has a while to wait till he is ready but he is an exceptional coach!!! If the coaches play everyone where they should be played now i was on this team and i kno the ability of most of the guys...Our line play this year should dominant if moffett is ready our back field will be deadly(i believe thats where they moved him) our wideouts are good lead by a.j. and our defense should be stacked lead by fich and newt if everything goes well and the coaches coach decent and play the right kids this year this is the year we go deep into the playoffs and maybe even play for a state championship!!!!! Oh and tell nichols i said hey! and hacks issues had nothing to do with his on the feild performance it happened the last week of school!

I know we are just making points, it would be pointless to argue. Last season a friend and former football star just trashed the football team everyone from Mac to the coaches. All to find out that he was just trying to motivate the players. Thanks m4rcut....

Well you don't have to worry about davis on offense Cameron Tallent has been name the QB since his outstanding performances this past spring and summer. That is unless Cam get hurt or just falls apart. Moffett will be one of the two backs in the back but he will place alot a reciever too. Moffett will be the Mr. Everything for this team. Your right that what did hurt hack was his size and the fact that Calab Wilson was there for 3 years that he was there. Coach Hamp is a good coach, I personally have learned alot from him this summer.

This years team overall is looking very good for the fact of how much talent was lost off of last years team. The defense is looking really good right now, with having to replace the whole line and some key players in the secondary. The linebacking group is probably the best in the region with 3 juniors Finch, Newt, and Price starting there this fall. The offense will be a 180 turn around from last year. I see the ball flying alot this fall. And why not with A.J. Moffett,J.T. Stone, Swafford (who is outstanding at this position) and then a few others who could step in and catch a few balls, and Cam Tallent throwing it around. This year has the potential to be a great year for Rhea Co.

I know we are just making points, it would be pointless to argue. Last season a friend and former football star just trashed the football team everyone from Mac to the coaches. All to find out that he was just trying to motivate the players. Thanks m4rcut....

Well you don't have to worry about davis on offense Cameron Tallent has been name the QB since his outstanding performances this past spring and summer. That is unless Cam get hurt or just falls apart. Moffett will be one of the two backs in the back but he will place alot a reciever too. Moffett will be the Mr. Everything for this team. Your right that what did hurt hack was his size and the fact that Calab Wilson was there for 3 years that he was there. Coach Hamp is a good coach, I personally have learned alot from him this summer.

This years team overall is looking very good for the fact of how much talent was lost off of last years team. The defense is looking really good right now, with having to replace the whole line and some key players in the secondary. The linebacking group is probably the best in the region with 3 juniors Finch, Newt, and Price starting there this fall. The offense will be a 180 turn around from last year. I see the ball flying alot this fall. And why not with A.J. Moffett, Swafford (who is outstanding at this position) and then a few others who could step in and catch a few balls, and Cam Tallent throwing it around. This year has the potential to be a great year for Rhea Co.

Thats good we should do very well this year Moffett is a beast the kid can do anything on the football field! I'm looking forward to this upcoming season very much it should be an exciting and fun year for RHEA CO. FOOTBALL!!

I agree with most of the points both of you are making.. As for Nichols he did think the coaches were good just a little misguided at times.. I completely agree with the running back coaches situtation.. Cameron was an OL and Hampton played baseball.. As for Hammontree he had a GREAT mind and plan for football but 90% of his players HATED him with every fiber of their being and he run off alot of good players by making them chose between sports, kicking them off for ridiculous reasons, or just belittling them in front of people.. Davis is a great punter but definately not a QB.. Swafford could develop into a QB but we don't have the time to waste on that.. Every coaching staff member there is guilty and has been guilty of sitting good athletes and putting athletes in the wrong spot.. A perfect example besides Hackler is Seth Zimmerman.. He got moved so many times he never really got used to a position so his career suffered for it.. All coaching staffs have problems.. I agree that Fitzgerald lets his staff make too many decisions.. Lets hope they turn it around and return to prominance instead of always settling for 2-4 in the region..

On the subject of Coach Nichols he told me personally that he was retiring simply because

the rest of the coaches minus Mitchell were JOKES!!! Fitz in my opinon is an excellent D-line

coach but as a head coach(really dont kno how to put it) he stinks! if Hammontree hadn't

left in 05' we would have 2 state championship trophys in the case numerous college ready

athletes... I wish the team the best this year i will be at all the games

what? are you saying Hammontree would have won it all in 06 and 07?

I do not have a dog in the fight but i think Coach Fitzgerald and staff do a good job.I know for a fact they are the toughest offense that we get ready for all year on defense and i am not the only coach in the area that feels that way from what i have heard but fans are always going to say something.So good luck and we will see you soon!

Fla44 i think u played with me a little while and i think u have smoked to much stuff its starting to mess up ur mine.I think the staff is doing a good job i really enjoyed my time with them and miss them dearly.Those coaches you said did not know anything help me change my life for the better as they did you but you would not take the help they offer you fla if i remember right.From what i seen last year we really did not have a great qb so we handed the ball to the best two rbs in the region and rushed for pretty good yardage i think so they must know a little.Good luck eagles will not make the game but will be there for all the others.Hey coach we will always do what we do thanks.

Fla44 i think u played with me a little while and i think u have smoked to much stuff its starting to mess up ur mine.I think the staff is doing a good job i really enjoyed my time with them and miss them dearly.Those coaches you said did not know anything help me change my life for the better as they did you but you would not take the help they offer you fla if i remember right.From what i seen last year we really did not have a great qb so we handed the ball to the best two rbs in the region and rushed for pretty good yardage i think so they must know a little.Good luck eagles will not make the game but will be there for all the others.Hey coach we will always do what we do thanks.

i concur