Rhea County

realdeal34

Looking forward to the upcoming season but who are we looking at to play running back with the lost of two good backs in sharpe and roberts?

I can answer that. First it is going to be very hard to have 2 great backs like Julian and Chris. Second part is right now the current starters are Moffett and Finch. They will use moffett as both WR and RB. However, some other backs that will get some touches, Duny, Tyler Dennis, Justin Rice, Chris Johnson, Calab Price, Lovelady, possibly Neil "Catfish" Garrison, and even A.J. There is more than a few who could get some carries. The offense is going to be more balanced this year. As long as Cameron Tallent keeps doing what he is doing. It could be very hard to stop this years offense if Cam, Moffett, AJ, Finch, the Big O-Line, and the rest of the players stay in sync.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can answer that. First it is going to be very hard to have 2 great backs like Julian and Chris. Second part is right now the current starters are Moffett and Finch. They will use moffett as both WR and RB. However, some other backs that will get some touches, Duny, Tyler Dennis, Justin Rice, Chris Johnson, Calab Price, Lovelady, and even A.J. The offense is going to be more balanced this year. As long as Cameron Tallent keeps doing what he is doing. It could be very hard to stop this years offense if Cam, Moffett, AJ, Finch, the Big O-Line, and the rest of the players stay in sync.

I agree totally, this year's offense should be far more balanced although i still do expect them to rush a whole lot. I believe moffett will have a breakout season at RB as well as Tyler Dennis. Dennis isn't the biggest or fastest kid but it won't take much behind the eagles big o line.

Fla44 i think u played with me a little while and i think u have smoked to much stuff its starting to mess up ur mine.I think the staff is doing a good job i really enjoyed my time with them and miss them dearly.Those coaches you said did not know anything help me change my life for the better as they did you but you would not take the help they offer you fla if i remember right.From what i seen last year we really did not have a great qb so we handed the ball to the best two rbs in the region and rushed for pretty good yardage i think so they must know a little.Good luck eagles will not make the game but will be there for all the others.Hey coach we will always do what we do thanks.

well i dont kno who you are so there's not much i can say to that I have quit smoking STUFF so my mine(mind) is fine and they may have changed your life and all but not mine...if anything chris and julian made them look like they knew what they were doing... swafford is a good qb they benched him in favor of the punter after a 3-1 start...

but i see them being good this year and to do what we do you have to actually do SOMETHING!!!

How does everyone in beagleville,think about Ooltewah vs. Rhea in the jamboree?

I think it is a great match up between two teams that have something to prove. However I don't think it will be a overall good measuring stick to see really what both teams have do to the lack of time to play at the jamboree. Ooltewah has plenty of speed to burn with Sammy Seamster leading the way for Ooltewah. But of course Rhea also has 3 other pre season scrimmages before that @ Bradley this friday Aug 1st, Science Hill @ Carson Newman (I'm really looking forward to this one.) Aug 5th, and then Marion Co. @ home on Aug 12th. Tomorrow is the first day in pads 6-9 unless they are a lineman then it is 5:30 to 9.

well i dont kno who you are so there's not much i can say to that I have quit smoking STUFF so my mine(mind) is fine and they may have changed your life and all but not mine...if anything chris and julian made them look like they knew what they were doing... swafford is a good qb they benched him in favor of the punter after a 3-1 start...

but i see them being good this year and to do what we do you have to actually do SOMETHING!!!

I would think most of coaching is getting the ball to guys that would make you look like that so your making my point for me.

I have been there these last two days and all the summer work outs. There really isn't any unknown guys who are standing out just yet. Cameron Tallent the sophomore QB is probably the best sophomore stand out so far. I think fitz said that he only had like 3 imcomplete passes 1 being a drop, and Cam threw about 30 passes tonigh in Skelly. A.J is looking great, Moffett is back and looking great, Davis is drilling punts, and so is Charlie Hester from time to time. Casey Lovelady is another who has surprised me, now that he is showing up to practice. He ran the 2nd fast 40 on the team and had some pretty good numbers in the weight room. Jacob Swafford is going to be a great wide receiver for this team. Neal "Catfish" Garrison has impressed me all summer long and running a 4.9 as a lineman.

As for just the team overall. The QB job is pretty much Cam's job with Swafford, and Davis backing him up. The running backs are looking for that back to replace moffett when moffett needs a rest. The WRs are looking good with Swafford, A.J., Stone and Moffett being the top 4. We have great linemen this year lead by Walker and Revis. Even the 2nd and 3rd string linemen could probably play some, in other words we have plenty of depth at O-line. D Line is getting there with 3 new starters they will be tested friday to see where they stand. But after two days they are still learning. The linebacking corp is probably one of the best in the Chattanooga area with 3 juniors Finch Price and Newt but Newt has a slight injury. The secondary is lacking some depth right now so they are looking for players there. They will go with shoulder pads tomorrow for the first time this week. These first two days have been just mainly getting the plays in an running them over and over in time for the scrimmage on friday and tuesday. I know 18 players run under a 5.0, and several are right there at a 5.0. 13 players with a vertical over 25, 18 players that can bench over 225, 34 who can squat over 300, and 28 who can clean over 200. The work in the weight room should show on the field.Thing are looking good so far.

sounds like another solid year from the good ole Rhea Co boys. What can we expect to see tomorrow at Bradley. I can't wait to see what we have this year. Anything or any player to keep your eyes on?

Key players watch Jacob Moffett RB/WR/Dawg/PR/KR, Kevin Revis OL, Josh Walker OL, Josh Davis P/K/QB, Cam Tallent QB/S, Jon Finch LB/FB, A.J. Brown WR/DB/PR/KR, Jacob Swafford WR/Dawg/QB.

What to watch for a more balanced attack on offense, great special teams play, and a great linebacking group.

Yeap should be a good year. At Bradley will be the first test really to get any of the bugs worked out. I see them trying to find out who really wants to play. Moffett's knee will be put to the test to see if if can go all out. Cameron Tallent should show whether or not he is for real. A lot of questions will be answered tomorrow.

well keep us informed!

1's vs. 1's Rhea Co. won 3-2. Overall pretty good for the first scrimmage. There were some things that I seen at the game and on film that needs some work. The passing game is back and strong, Cam is going to be a good QB. There was a few passes that were dropped that should have been caught. Moffett looked very good running the ball. There was 3 fumbles by 3 different players (one bad snap, stripped, and another was just dropped.) The o-line looked pretty good, had only had a few missed assignments. Duny was good running the ball too. Josh Davis looked pretty good when he got time in the pocket. I wish they would have done some special teams in the scrimmage. A.J. had some good catches, some good jukes, and almost a huge pass down the sideline. Defense wise the D-line is still being tuned and up for grabs. Just need some playing time for the new guys. The linebackers were good just had a bad play ever now and then. The secondary is getting better. J.T. should have had a pick. Lindsey for Bradley is going to be the main reason that they will do anything in the up coming season. I was also surprised that only like 32 varsity players came out for Bradley and about the same for Bradley’s freshmen. I got to watch a little of the freshman too from time to time and on film.

Freshman 0-0 tie. All defense, and some offense for both teams. Rhea ran the ball really well with Ethan Beddingfield, Chris Akina, and Cochran, and all three of them had great plays on defense too. Luke Everett the freshman QB looked decent. The linemen for the freshman are big. Rhea could move the ball they just couldn't punch it in, or something would go wrong and they would turnover the ball. There was some great hits by the defense probably the best was by Cochran when he just picked up the running back and just drove him straight into the ground for a no gain or maybe a short lose on a outside run.

Now on too Carson-Newman for a scrimmage Tuesday with Science Hill @ 4:00pm to 6:00pm I believe the football team is going to try to stay and watch Carson Newman practice along with former Rhea Co. star Chris Roberts.