Rhea County

realdeal34

Just a question for someone.

how many of the three touchdown were on the ground, I heard none and Rhea had trouble moving the ball on the ground.

Question two, I heard all the touchdowns were against the safety for Bradley?

I also heard Bradleys offensive line manhandled Rhea's defensive line and the Eagle coaches were throwing players in looking for someone to step up.

Like I said, this is second hand so I was just looking for some clarification.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many of the three touchdown were on the ground, I heard none and Rhea had trouble moving the ball on the ground.

I also heard Bradleys offensive line manhandled Rhea's defensive line and the Eagle coaches were throwing players in looking for someone to step up.

for one, the eagles had little trouble moving the ball period. They had little to no trouble onthe ground. for two d line wasn't manhandled and fitzgerald wasn't jus throwing people in. This is a scrimmage he is trying to find depth

and actually Rhea had two TDs on the ground

The D-line didn't get manhandle by any means however there is a open competition going on right now.They are looking to find out who are the best line man since they are having to replace all 3 starters from last year. The ground game is still good. We just didn't rush as much like last year. The offense has way more balance to it this year. Yes Rhea had two TD's on the Ground on was Tyler Dennis and the other was Jacob Moffett. It just wasn't the safety who we scored on it was the whole defense.

I didn't see the whole scrimmage because I was back and forth between it and the freshmen scrimmage on the other field. I only saw two of the three Rhea TDs. The first one was a short run down around the goal line maybe four or five yards. The other TD that I saw was a nice pass from Tallent to the wide out ( I think number 18) on a slant that covered about forty yards???? Rhea moved the ball on the ground OK, not dominate or overly impressive but not bad for the first scrimmage.

Bradley's safety did give up a couple of big pass plays down the middle.

I wouldn't say that Bradley offensive line "manhandled" Rhea's D-line but they did look good at times. Bradley's back did have some nice runs but it was as much athletic ability as it was good line play.

As far as the Eagle coaches throwing players in to help, Coach Fitzgerld always has two D-line and linbacking units ready to sub during scrimmages and he constantly interchanges the units to see how they play together. This happens in most if not all of Rhea's scrimmages.

Cameron Tallent may be a very good QB for Rhea for the next three years. He is accurate and steady and seems to understand the offense.

Can't tell anything this early and both Rhea and Bradley have a lot of room for improvement.

How do you all think they will do next scrimmage?

To be honest maybe not to good if Science Hill shows up to play. On paper we would get destroyed. They have great size, speed, and overall athletic ability advantage. All of their defensive linemen are 6'3, over 225, and good speed. Alone their QB/CB is a better athlete than any player on our team with 4.5 speed and a 35 inch vertical. They have good receivers and running backs year in and year out. They run the spin offense, which i have never seen in person before. I think they run a 3-5-3 defense like us. We may not see speed like this until Red Bank or even the play-offs. The field turf will help both teams alittle in the speed department, but Science Hill has so much speed to being with. The only two thing that may hurt Science Hill is if they don't keep there heads in the game, and the youth factor. They only have one returning starter on offense the QB and 4 starters on defense. It's a good thing this is not track meet or a basketball game we would be in even worse trouble. But then again it is only a scrimmage.

To be honest maybe not to good if Science Hill shows up to play. On paper we would get destroyed. They have great size, speed, and overall athletic ability advantage. All of their defensive linemen are 6'3, over 225, and good speed. Alone their QB/CB is a better athlete than any player on our team with 4.5 speed and a 35 inch vertical. They have good receivers and running backs year in and year out. They run the spin offense, which i have never seen in person before. I think they run a 3-5-3 defense like us. We may not see speed like this until Red Bank or even the play-offs. The field turf will help both teams alittle in the speed department, but Science Hill has so much speed to being with. The only two thing that may hurt Science Hill is if they don't keep there heads in the game, and the youth factor. They only have one returning starter on offense the QB and 4 starters on defense. It's a good thing this is not track meet or a basketball game we would be in even worse trouble. But then again it is only a scrimmage.

this should be a great test for the young lineman. a good chance to show what revis and walker can do. how our running game will do. and the big test if cam tallent can play so im excited to here how it goes keep us up to date Rhea Co. good luck eagles!

Today was a great example of why the game is played on the field and not on paper. Science Hill is a good team but Rhea Co. just flat out beat them (4-0). The offense really spread the ball around today. Cam Tallent had some good plays, and really only 3 or 4 bad throws which 1 ended in a pick. The O-lines played very well, very few missed assignments. The receivers had some good catches and touchdowns but still there was some balls that should have caught, especially when it hits them in the hands. The running backs had some good runs, Rice busted one or two up the middle for a nice gain. Moffett had a great 60 yard run for a touchdown and boy it was a beautiful run. Hester had a good touchdown catch for about 64 yards from Josh Davis. J.T. Stone and Swafford both had catches for touchdowns. The defense look a lot better today then at Bradley. The defense had that spin offense figured out and got after it pretty well. The defense forced some turnovers today. The linebackers filled up the holes and made some good plays. The D-line is getting better still missing some assignments, but they are getting better. Secondary play is getting better and better. J.T. had a great pick late in the scrimmage. Overall not a bad scrimmage. We looked very good today against a team that had better athletes, but we just simply out played them. The only things that I think need to be improved on is catching the football and holding on to the football, which seem to get both teams at times today. Carson-Newman really likes Josh Walker and what they seen today. Carson Newman is a great place to play and they have a beautiful field and facilities. I would love to go back there for another scrimmage. The team has tomorrow off and will come back on thursday and pictures friday with practice after. Then next tuesday is Marion Co. at Home.