Rhea County

realdeal34

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update- The Information that I had was pretty much confirmed by the paper in Rhea County today. Coach Fitzgerald and his staff is going no where at the moment. If anything changes I'll post it.

I think your Coach is a good one, he's a winner. Championships will come if you focus and work hard, but a quality Coach is nessessary to get there. Good Luck in the off season if you have one.

I think your Coach is a good one, he's a winner. Championships will come if you focus and work hard, but a quality Coach is nessessary to get there. Good Luck in the off season if you have one.

Thank You. He is a great Coach and I hope he dosn't leave or stop coaching until he wants to many many many years from now.

Now I will say the only coach that may not be back next year is the Freshmen Head Coach Coach Neal Nichols, and he said he is retiring from coaching at the end of the season.

Thank You. He is a great Coach and I hope he dosn't leave or stop coaching until he wants to many many many years from now.

Now I will say the only coach that may not be back next year is the Freshmen Head Coach Coach Neal Nichols, and he said he is retiring from coaching at the end of the season.

Does he coach a position on varsity or is he just jv head coach?

• 6 months later...

On the subject of Coach Nichols he told me personally that he was retiring simply because

the rest of the coaches minus Mitchell were JOKES!!! Fitz in my opinon is an excellent D-line

coach but as a head coach(really dont kno how to put it) he stinks! if Hammontree hadn't

left in 05' we would have 2 state championship trophys in the case numerous college ready

athletes... I wish the team the best this year i will be at all the games

On the subject of Coach Nichols he told me personally that he was retiring simply because

the rest of the coaches minus Mitchell were JOKES!!! Fitz in my opinon is an excellent D-line

coach but as a head coach(really dont kno how to put it) he stinks! if Hammontree hadn't

left in 05' we would have 2 state championship trophys in the case numerous college ready

athletes... I wish the team the best this year i will be at all the games

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This is so old...

Either A you don't know Coach Nichols or B Nichols was not being serious with you. I would like to add the real reason is his son graduated and he just want more free time and go play more golf. People don't realize how much time it takes up even as a freshman head coach. In all honesty I see coach nichlos retiring from teaching in a few years once his son is out of college. On top of that Coach Nichlos extremely disliked Hammontree and the way he handle things. Coach Nichlos refused to go to any game that Hammontree was even at.