DII outlook

redmatfan

I will try and squelch one of the most bogus rumors of this season: McCallie did NOT have 6 starters quit this year.

Walkenvol's statement; "McC appears to have big problems with 6 past starters quiting the program leaving their best wrestlers as 8th and 9th graders"

Walkenvol's list to substantiate his statement; Perrin, Silberman, Scott, Hughes, Bible, Kell who have all started varsity matches in the past 2 seasons for the EBE.

Spin it any way you like, but the facts are the facts - no rumers (bogus or otherwise) involved.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try and squelch one of the most bogus rumors of this season: McCallie did NOT have 6 starters quit this year. From what I can tell, only one returning varsity starter is no longer on the team due to an injury.

It had several very good JV wrestlers quit, this is true. They quit because they saw their weight classes already filled with talent or the additional work ethic put into place this year was simply too much. That means those that are still grappling by the time the Duals comes along will be some of the best talent and in the best condition in Tennessee, regardless of division.

McCallie also failed to replace some of the larger weight classes early in this season that opened up due to attrition. They graduated a lot of big boy talent over the last two years and I'm not talking about just the state champions. The coaching staff will be working to fix that up until the very last second.

It also has had several early season injuries. Some will be out for the season but some (I'm praying at least one in particular) will be back even hungrier than before.

Rest assured, by the time the state duals comes along the early injuries will be healed, the upper weight classes will be filled out much better, and McCallie will be as strong as anyone from 112-150. True McCallie may stuggle to win the duals, but they will still have the satisifaction of whipping a lot of @$$ in Nashville. Baylor and Father Ryan might be in the finals in Nashville, but plenty of individual egos on both benches will be severely bruised up if they had to pass through McCallie to get there!

To quote Dan Ackroyd on Sat Nite Live......" Allsaints you ignorant sl@t, who did you go to bed with to get this job"

I don't know as much about the Mighty Blue as my good friend WV, but I can name 3 guys that are no longer there. WV says there are 6 so....... let the games begin.

WV, it looks as if Allsaints will carry the banner for the blue this year, he will answer all your question, but you might want to make a sandwich and grab a bag of chips cause this young Catholic man rambles on more that Moi.

Hope that boy of yours heals in time.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Walkenvol's statement; "McC appears to have big problems with 6 past starters quiting the program leaving their best wrestlers as 8th and 9th graders"

Walkenvol's list to substantiate his statement; Perrin, Silberman, Scott, Hughes, Bible, Kell who have all started varsity matches in the past 2 seasons for the EBE.

Spin it any way you like, but the facts are the facts - no rumers (bogus or otherwise) involved.

Hughes quit ?

WV---I know what BCB's TBSFBG stands for. What does WV's EBE stand for?

I will try and squelch one of the most bogus rumors of this season: McCallie did NOT have 6 starters quit this year. From what I can tell, only one returning varsity starter is no longer on the team due to an injury.

It had several very good JV wrestlers quit, this is true. They quit because they saw their weight classes already filled with talent or the additional work ethic put into place this year was simply too much. That means those that are still grappling by the time the Duals comes along will be some of the best talent and in the best condition in Tennessee, regardless of division.

McCallie also failed to replace some of the larger weight classes early in this season that opened up due to attrition. They graduated a lot of big boy talent over the last two years and I'm not talking about just the state champions. The coaching staff will be working to fix that up until the very last second.

It also has had several early season injuries. Some will be out for the season but some (I'm praying at least one in particular) will be back even hungrier than before.

Rest assured, by the time the state duals comes along the early injuries will be healed, the upper weight classes will be filled out much better, and McCallie will be as strong as anyone from 112-150. True McCallie may stuggle to win the duals, but they will still have the satisifaction of whipping a lot of @$$ in Nashville. Baylor and Father Ryan might be in the finals in Nashville, but plenty of individual egos on both benches will be severely bruised up if they had to pass through McCallie to get there!

allsaints,

Who will have more satisfaction or who will be bruised? McCallie sitting in the stands watching the finals or the winning State Championship Team who gets to declare itself the State Dual State Champion? I think for most wrestlers, they would rather be in the championship match rather than be in the stands or on their way home ???

As much as I appreciate McCallie, your statement is absurd.

Championships are what it is about. Sitting in the stands only gets you home earlier!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Hoosierdad, your absurb. If the only reason you wrestle is to be a champion then you are either an egomaniac or a fool. Chamionships may be the ultimate goal but not "what its all about". If that was the case then 98% of all wrestlers for the last 40 years were simply waisting their time.

For Walkenvol: McCallie has ALWAYS used a lot of wrestlers back and forth from JV to Varsity. In fact, over the last 3 seasons, I've seen kids be allowed a tremendous amount of Varsity matches, get to wrestle in the State Duals, and letter at Varisity all the while having never won a starting challenge match. For that kind of experience and exposure to a kid that would be left soley in the JV ranks on other teams, the Big Blue coaching staff is the envy of every program. I know that hurts to hear but for those of us who didn't have thier kids born under an athletic silver star, its huge. So whether or not your list of boys saw some varsity time, (all great wrestlers who I would love to see back on the mat) does not mean that all six were the starters for the tradtional state tournament and then quit the team because of some mystery shake up. I don't have the info in front of me but I believe 4-5 of them wrestled in the JV tournament in 2007. Again, bottom line is that the Blue squad already had either too much talent in front of them, the new work ethic was too much, and/or they simply needed a break. Don't blame any of them one bit but it was not a mass walk out from a troubled team as is implied. The Big Blue is still here to put the hurt on.

BCB, as far as my being an ignorant sl*t, how did you know? Have you been talking to my wife again?

Sorry Hoosierdad, your absurb. If the only reason you wrestle is to be a champion then you are either an egomaniac or a fool. Chamionships may be the ultimate goal but not "what its all about". If that was the case then 98% of all wrestlers for the last 40 years were simply waisting their time.

For Walkenvol: McCallie has ALWAYS used a lot of wrestlers back and forth from JV to Varsity. In fact, over the last 3 seasons, I've seen kids be allowed a tremendous amount of Varsity matches, get to wrestle in the State Duals, and letter at Varisity all the while having never won a starting challenge match. For that kind of experience and exposure to a kid that would be left soley in the JV ranks on other teams, the Big Blue coaching staff is the envy of every program. I know that hurts to hear but for those of us who didn't have thier kids born under an athletic silver star, its huge. So whether or not your list of boys saw some varsity time, (all great wrestlers who I would love to see back on the mat) does not mean that all six were the starters for the tradtional state tournament and then quit the team because of some mystery shake up. I don't have the info in front of me but I believe 4-5 of them wrestled in the JV tournament in 2007. Again, bottom line is that the Blue squad already had either too much talent in front of them, the new work ethic was too much, and/or they simply needed a break. Don't blame any of them one bit but it was not a mass walk out from a troubled team as is implied. The Big Blue is still here to put the hurt on.

BCB, as far as my being an ignorant sl*t, how did you know? Have you been talking to my wife again?

Well allsaints. I agree with you first statement, wrestling is not all about winning, it is about finding out who YOU are as an individual on the mat. But the second statement about the EBE is wrong. I can't tell you how many times I have seen McCallie forfiet a match to a superior wrestler because the "Great coaching staff" did not feel they had a chance to win. That is unfair to the wrestler to not be able to have the experience of stepping out on the mat as State, Baylor/McCallie, or any other big match that would be the highlight of a young mans career.

For that kind of experience and exposure to a kid that would be left soley in the JV ranks on other teams, the Big Blue coaching staff is the envy of every program.

These are my two favorite parts of your post.

How do you know should be applied to the first statement, as it is with the second.

Allsaints, I will pray for you for you know not of what you speak. Your response to me made no sense at all, (not surprised). You were rambling about something I never said. I will say again what I said before:

Most wrestlers would rather be in the State Championship match than sitting in the stands watching or leaving to return home earlier. If you can't get this, than you should see Allsouls! Bruised egos or State Champions, I did not realize the program had fallen so far. Gordon and Mike really have their work cut out for them.

P.S. I never said wrestling was about winning. However, sitting in the stands during the Championship match will get you home earlier!

P.S. I never said wrestling was about winning. However, sitting in the stands during the Championship match will get you home earlier!

Ok, help me out here. If you are in the stands watching the CHAMPIONSHIP match, or on the mat during the CHAMPIONSHIP match. Won't both of you get home about the same time? (not counting showering time) /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />