Great Freshmen in 5A

bud

I understand what you mean about people going on about him being "just a freshman". However on the flip side; DB was 2-3 until he started playing. DB could not run with the ball until he came on the scene. Then, DB won 7 straight games because Chris allowed the passing game to open up. DB has played only 1 other freshman in 20 years and he did not play much. Chris, playing only half of the season, outgained all other rb's and was the leading scorer with 90 points. He was selected to the All-Big East Conference team and the 2007 Times-News Elite Football Team that represents NE TN and SW Virginia and the only freshman on either.

As to the DB Science Hill game the final score was 38-14 DB. I think Science Hill had the biggest most intimidating defense in the conference. DB was outsized across the board. Science Hill targeted Sensabaugh the entire game and got to him on the hand offs. However, the fact that the Topper defense played to Sensabaugh allowed other players to step in and they did. Also, DB's defense stepped it up and made big plays. Sensabaugh got hurt and continued to play acting as a decoy.

But please continue to underestimate Sensabaugh and talk it up all you want because it just motivates DB.

Excellent comments Bud, and all accurate!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To bad for you, the Mo-Ron awards don't begin until tommorrow Jan. 1. You can keep saying Chris is not a freshman all you want, but the fact is he "IS" a freshman. He will be here for "3" more years. You better get used to it. NO, you couldn't hold all your kids back and they would be impressive. Lots of kids are "older" and playing various sports including football. Most are just average or a little better than average, and some are not very good at all. You only here about the age thing if they are "very good". The Haters were all over Chris when he was playing 8th. grade and freshman ball, saying he was only good because he was 1 yr. older than the ones he was playing against. Then he is called up to varsity and right off the bat he is running over thru and around seniors older than him. I haven't heard anything from those Haters since. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

You saw Chris in one game so you don't know much about him. I will tell you that right now he is "Exceptionall".

as for your running back: your head coach is what happened to him.

apparently you missed the SH, DB game wacko. How many people did he run over or through? Fact-- a couple of our 15 year olds stopped him cold.

Only 4 more hours to be eligable for the Mo-Ron of the day award.

Dobyns Bennett - 38

Science Hill - 14

how old are you? 12? seriously. Let me help you because you seem to be a little slow. The thread is on great Freshman. The idea behind it is very talented kids at a very young age. He is a talented player but he doesn't desirve mention on this thread about really good freshman. If you want to blow the kids head up feel free on another thread about great running backs. This thread should be about " true " Freshman with exceptional talent at a young age. I'm sure some 15 year old freshman would appreciate some mentions from the DB side. I feel bad for them because it seems they're all being overshadowed buy a kid that should be a sophomore and be compared to sophomores.

how old are you? 12? seriously. Let me help you because you seem to be a little slow. The thread is on great Freshman. The idea behind it is very talented kids at a very young age. He is a talented player but he doesn't desirve mention on this thread about really good freshman. If you want to blow the kids head up feel free on another thread about great running backs. This thread should be about " true " Freshman with exceptional talent at a young age. I'm sure some 15 year old freshman would appreciate some mentions from the DB side. I feel bad for them because it seems they're all being overshadowed buy a kid that should be a sophomore and be compared to sophomores.

The thread is headlined: "Great Freshman in 5A"

Started by "bud"

In buds very first post he mentions Chris Sensabaugh as a "Great Freshman in 5A"

So, I figure the person who started the thread would know what the thread is about and who we should be talking about in the thread. Nowhere in buds headline or post does it say "talented kids at a very young age". it says "Great Freshman in 5A". This is not a college thread, there are no redshirt freshman in high school. Chris Sensabaugh is a freshman in 5A and you will have to suffer through it for three more years. But if you want to call him a sophomore. have at it. He would be a "Great Player" in any class you want to put him in. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Its not my fault that Chris is a winner and your such a loser.

By the way, if this is you Gilligan, I thought the AD told you to stay off the internet. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't care if chris "should" be a sophomore. If he was, he would still be the best player on the team. It is becoming more obvious that you have a personal issue against Chris and that is fine. When people hate you for no reason, you know you are good. And as you say " a couple of 15 year olds stopped him cold" right?

Well here is your (Science Hill) defense (see below) and it looks like no 15 year olds to me. And I doubt The Hill was putting in 2nd & 3rd string because it was close at first and then a blowout the second half. Looks like all at least 16, but mostly 17 & 18 year olds here. And I guess you really expect us to believe that two 15 year ols were sent in and stuffed Chris? Now you are just lying to yourself. Fact is, Science Hill had one of the biggest, fastest, and most mature defenses in East TN. They targeted Chris and slowed him down. It was his worst game of the year and he played hurt. However, he did take the attention off of other players and that allowed DB to win. Get used to his name and we will talk again after the 08 game. Maybe he will give you his autograph and you can think back to it when he is playing in the SEC and remember how you thought he was nothing special.

Defense

LED -- 58 Will Rental, 6-3, 231 Jr.

NB -- 50 Corey Hamilton, 6-0, 251 Sr.

RED -- 82 Bruce Crumley, 6-5, 200 Sr.

WEB -- 86 Zach Jordan, 6-4, 200 Jr.

HOB -- 51 Jeff Green, 6-3, 205 Jr.

MOB -- 44 Aaron Trent, 6-4, 230 Sr.

SLAB -- 22 Rodney Smith, 5-10, 175 Sr.

JOB -- 86 Zach Jordan, 6-4, 200 Jr.

LAB -- 5 Isaac Kinley, 5-10, 162 Jr.

SO -- 7 Javan Joslin, 6-3, 205 Sr..

RIB -- 4 Matt Hayes, 5-11, 155 Sr.