Great Freshmen in 5A

bud

The kid from Smyrna is one of the best. Can not remember his name though.

Also see Chris Sensabaugh from Dobyns Bennett. He is a 5'10 185lb rb/lb that was put in late in the 5th game of the season. He had 854 yards on 112 carries and averaged 7.6 per carry and scored 15 TDs. He was pulled early several times and really touched the ball maybe 3 times in the 5th game of the season. His family comes from a long line of DI athletes and his cousin Gerald is the starting safety for the Jacksonville Jaguars (he is out with a torn acl at the moment). He has the speed, size, power, and the moves. Watch this kid because he will play on saturdays and maybe Sundays. He has not gotten a look at LB on varsity yet, but some coaches say he is better at LB then at RB. If this is true, well then wow is all I can say.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremiah Bryson #22 is the kid from Smyrna. He is a phenomenal athlete. I remember watching him play at the middle school last year and it literally looked like he was playing at a completely different speed than everybody else. He hits the hole like a rocket, secures the ball well, and ALWAYS finds a way to fall forward thus gaining those few extra yards. He will be giving defensive coordinators nightmares for years.

Jeremiah Bryson #22 is the kid from Smyrna. He is a phenomenal athlete. I remember watching him play at the middle school last year and it literally looked like he was playing at a completely different speed than everybody else. He hits the hole like a rocket, secures the ball well, and ALWAYS finds a way to fall forward thus gaining those few extra yards. He will be giving defensive coordinators nightmares for years.

Funny. The same things are said of Chris. I guess to start at the 5A level as a freshman, you have to play at a level above your age. People were flipping out when Chris played middle school ball because he was a man among boys. And the falling forward thing is also a talent of his. I have a feeling that from the video clips and live viewing of both these young men; we have a couple of stars in the making.

Funny. The same things are said of Chris. I guess to start at the 5A level as a freshman, you have to play at a level above your age. People were flipping out when Chris played middle school ball because he was a man among boys. And the falling forward thing is also a talent of his. I have a feeling that from the video clips and live viewing of both these young men; we have a couple of stars in the making.

Maybe they flipped because he was so much older................

Count on a Topper fan to take a dig at a DB player. Regardless, Chris recently turned 16 and is qualified to play all 4 years og high school ball. Anyone that know the Sensabaugh family knows that there has been like 4 or 5 pretty recent division I players come from those genes. Gerald, his cousin is an injured starter in the NFL as mentioned earlier. The fact that his family and many coaches say Chris is the best to come from that family yet should get your attention; I don't care how old he is. chris as a freshman was one of the better backs in the state, playing 5A ball and not knowing all of the schemes.

Topper fan should you not be on here telling everyone about how this is the year to beat DB and that your new coach made you an instant state contender like the other Topper fans were posting this past summer? Just kidding man, but there was mucho talk from the toppers before this past season, so maybe a silent approach this year would be favorable. In all seriousness though and not trying to dig at you; I thought the new coach would improve your record, not hurt it although the new coach had more players and more talent than the old coach. The old coach in 2006 went 6-6 with a playoff loss. The new coach went 3-7 and no playoffs. The new coach had only 1 win over a 5A team. The 2007 team had more numbers and talent when compared to the 2006 team. I would think new coach (Smith) has one more ear to get things right.

Count on a Topper fan to take a dig at a DB player. Regardless, Chris recently turned 16 and is qualified to play all 4 years og high school ball. Anyone that know the Sensabaugh family knows that there has been like 4 or 5 pretty recent division I players come from those genes. Gerald, his cousin is an injured starter in the NFL as mentioned earlier. The fact that his family and many coaches say Chris is the best to come from that family yet should get your attention; I don't care how old he is. chris as a freshman was one of the better backs in the state, playing 5A ball and not knowing all of the schemes.

Topper fan should you not be on here telling everyone about how this is the year to beat DB and that your new coach made you an instant state contender like the other Topper fans were posting this past summer? Just kidding man, but there was mucho talk from the toppers before this past season, so maybe a silent approach this year would be favorable. In all seriousness though and not trying to dig at you; I thought the new coach would improve your record, not hurt it although the new coach had more players and more talent than the old coach. The old coach in 2006 went 6-6 with a playoff loss. The new coach went 3-7 and no playoffs. The new coach had only 1 win over a 5A team. The 2007 team had more numbers and talent when compared to the 2006 team. I would think new coach (Smith) has one more ear to get things right.

Sensabaugh is no doubt a good player........didn't get many yards in the SH game.........but too much is being made of him being "just a freshman"...........if you want to say he's a good player that's fine but c'mon.........lay off the Freshman stuff. We have a few outstanding soph. that got lots of time on Varsity this year that are only 15 and won't be 16 'till late summer. I can't control what other topper fans posted last summer. Thanks but no thanks for the advice on the silent approach. We had great talent this year and an outstanding defense. The offense never got it together. We all hope Coach Smith gets it together next year.

That could be it haha....I heard he was a little old to be a freshman...do you know his exact age? I heard he is 16 or 17

It is a good point. Age at the H.S. level can be so varied...which is the reason colleges ask the age. I know of seniors who are 17, and some who are 20...recently! He may qualify, but how talented is a 19 yr old playing against 17 yr olds in terms of tallent?

My son is a Freshman that started 5 games this season at three different positions, including left tackle. He is only 14 and will not turn 15 until mid April.

Relax. I have no idea who your son is. I was just making a general statement regarding Freshman phenom's. Most are in the catagory I described. Some truly are special. If he is the later, you should be proud.