Dyer County Vs. Dyersburg

1brutalchoctaw

Maybe, but i`m pretty sure it was Steve. They were all involved. I`m not saying it was a bad thing, he was just helping out. He`s a really good guy.

I also want to add, I think Vick played a heck of game. I`m not downing him at all. In fact, even though he did throw a few sharp elbows and he did push off pretty hard a time or two, he played it on the court. That`s up to the refs to control and keep it from getting to the point of throwing punches. I thought D`burg looked very strong the first half. Can`t wait for the rematch.

You are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT ! It was Steve Dodds & he shook a Trojan student's hand (after it was offered by the kid).... turned his back & the kid "flexed" (directly at Steve) like he was "Mr Universe"! AND .......... I'm NOT bashing just stating the facts. The D'burg student section WAS almost on the court before someone took control ! D.C.'s administration immidiately got in front of the Choctaw student section attemting (successfully) to maintain order.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO, what it comes down to is that *some* of Dyer County's basketball team has no class. An incidental elbow to the head happens all of the time in basketball. Throwing punches does not. The Dyersburg student section was not "spilling out on the floor", and if Dyer County's *TWO* players had not shown deliberate physical aggression towards Dyersburg's *TWO* players we all would not have been stuck in such an unsafe, uncomfortable situation. Don't try to shift the blame to student section of Dyersburg, which by the way doubled Dyer County's in number and noise. The physical altercation was 100% DC. It is shame, because none of this happened before last year, when the Trojans had a 7 GAME streak on DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dyersburg loss, yes. For the most part Dyer County deserved to win, yes. Congratualations Dyer County!!! You have NBA superstars! Congrats to the Dyersburg squad!!! You have class and you will all most definantly succeed in life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WAY TO GO LADY TROJANS!!!

10 IN A ROW!!!

Yep ! "Vick" is a real class act ! Were you at the football game when he "strutted" down the D.C. sideline before the game (with a girl if I'm not mistaken) ! Very classy ! Additionally, he wasn't hit in the face he was "clocked" in the back of the head after sending an elbow (one of many I might add) to Harsten's head / face & pretty much all over. Coach McCord addressed the issue pretty much immediately sending Kimm to the locker room while the "Refs?????" were still in their discussion on the court. Kimm should've been ejected & was .... "DONE, OVER & will pay the price ! To say emotions run high in this rivalry is an understatemant.Like it or not incidents like last night are going to happen with such heated rivalries. AND D.C. doesn't have the only player that has let his emotions & frustrations (with officials) get the better of him. Buttons were pushed and the mix was on ! How about Dion's "Bold Prediction" in the paper as well ! Coffman handled his interview much better & followed through! Great game between the ladies as well !

The responsibility for maintaining control of the game ultimately rests on the "zebras" shoulders. Lack of consistency was a big issue. Not necessarily more fouls one way than the other but a "touchy, touchy foul gets called & an obvious block or other adequate contact to qualify being called a foul going without a whistle. Very inconsistent in that area. McCord & the Choctaws play the game "Fast & Furious" and with a passion! I too am looking forward to the "rematch"! Maybe you won't be looking at the score board or the blonde with the video camera when "Vick" is playing his "dirty pool" ! Yes he has a great deal of ability, but he certainly isn't the classiest player wearing the "Black & Gold" !

I didn't see your last post until I submitted this one. No, I do not think that referee's short comings warrant retaliation, but this is a rivalry in the truest sense of the word & emotions, atmosphere & circumstances sometimes can get the better of any (yes ANY player)! It is definitely a bad situation when it comes to that but it happens. It's called R-I-V-A-L-R-Y !

If you want to point fingers at players who lack class, what about BA Davis walking up to Vick,Caldwell,and others before the football game and telling them that they will not walk off the field at the end of the game?

NO, what it comes down to is that *some* of Dyer County's basketball team has no class. An incidental elbow to the head happens all of the time in basketball. Throwing punches does not. The Dyersburg student section was not "spilling out on the floor", and if Dyer County's *TWO* players had not shown deliberate physical aggression towards Dyersburg's *TWO* players we all would not have been stuck in such an unsafe, uncomfortable situation. Don't try to shift the blame to student section of Dyersburg, which by the way doubled Dyer County's in number and noise. The physical altercation was 100% DC. It is shame, because none of this happened before last year, when the Trojans had a 7 GAME streak on DC. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Dyersburg loss, yes. For the most part Dyer County deserved to win, yes. Congratualations Dyer County!!! You have NBA superstars! Congrats to the Dyersburg squad!!! You have class and you will all most definantly succeed in life. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

10 IN A ROW!!!

Your post is ludicrous.

And for Mr. Wilson's benifit:

lu?·di?·crous /?€lud??kr?™s/ Pronunciation Key - [loo-di-kruhs] ??“adjective causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable

1. When you hold the basketball chest high with elbows out and swing wildy back and forth whille being closely guarded and strike your defender; it is not incidental. Especially when this occurs at least three times during game.

(BTW there is never a time when throwing a punch is appropiate behavior. I do not condone, nor did I cheer this action.)

2. I sat a mid court behind scorers table. Dyersburg students did spill onto the court from the stands. The situation was handeled immediately and it did not concern me in any fashion.

3. Dyersburg student section was loud at times, but was about one-half to two-thirds (that's generous) of DC's number.

4. The game was physical on both sides and for the most part clean, by both teams.

5. Every game I has seen between these two teams have been physical, going back to at least 4 years.

10 IN A ROW!!!

Matt,

If the first three rows of the student section weren't on the floor then I'm the Pope (and I ain't even Catholic) ! I saw it ........ and you know it ! Was the "punch" the "right response" (to more than incidental elbows) Absolutely not! But you were at the football game & likely saw or heard about (from mutual friends that we have) Maclin's antics on the D.C. sideline prior to the game. AND you likely saw more "bows" thrown than the "incidental" one that led to the "punch" that disrupted an otherwise great game for so long. You know that I pull for the Trojans except when they face the "Orange"! The primary cause of the fracas last night was inconsistent / poor referees (YES on both sides). They lost control of the game with their flip flopping calls. BUT be honest you know that Mr Maclin ain't "Mr Clean" as far as his personna. I know nothing about him outside athletics .......and he is a great athlete, but I would say that he had as much to do with bringing out the classless side of Kimm. You are correct "an" (I emphasize an ...... as in one ..... OK two) incidental elbow is part of basketball. But, I watched the game (as I know you did) and if you ain't in denial you know that it went further than that. You go to D'burg be honest would you say that Vick is the "classiest act" wearing the Black & Gold ? Likely not......... whether you admit it or not. I've known you since you were a "little shaver" know your Dad, now was Kimm right ....... as I said ABSOLUTELY NOT ! Now re-read my post. I never condoned the punch. Control is part of the game but provocation, atmosphere,rivalry ................... ALL contribute to "spontaneous combustion" ! Now to the student section. I saw exactly what I saw and if you think that D'burg's was any larger we would have had to count heads. It would have been a photo finish. As to the "noise", you likely heard it from the student section. Again a photo finish ................. for one half ! Really ......... advice to you guys .......... stay with 'em up........ down or in between. After the half there was no contest. I heard it from across the floor where I belonged. I love student support ! I wish it had been like that "back in the day".

As for the seven game streak ........... all good things must come to an end. I'm sure the tables will flip - flop for many seasons to come. Right now it's D.C.'s time ! They were the "whippin boys" in both football & basketball for a while who knows what will happen from this point ......... I sure don't ! But ......... D.C. is in the drivers seat right now ! Past is past & the future is uncertain, but reality is reality ! Kimm will pay for his episode guaranteed & in the words of Forrest Gump .............. "That's all I got to say about that".

GO CHOCTAWS & GO TROJANS (It only makes the next one more interesting)

Tell your Dad I said hello ! I hear y'all been smokin' the ducks !

If you want to point fingers at players who lack class, what about BA Davis walking up to Vick,Caldwell,and others before the football game and telling them that they will not walk off the field at the end of the game?

If YOU want to talk about classless, what about drawing a crime scene in the hallway with the # 33 on it ! AND running over a Choctaw jersey in the parking lot ........... yep you guessed it # 33 again ! Singling out one kid & trying to intimidate him like that do you call THAT class ! Oh yeah .....didn't work either ! How about having to have a police officer with you on the sideline when you aren't in the game. No joke FACT ! I was approached by a police officer prior to the game that advised me that they had received "DEATH THREATS" & would be close by my whole family ................ and right by # 33's side when he wasn't on the field. The officer was wearing full body armor & said it was no joke !

CLASS ? ................... I THINK NOT ! TRUE ? ASK LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT (send me a PM I'll give you his #) ! Now kick your soccer ball around & think about it ! Ever had a death threat on you on the soccer field in the biggest game of your life ......................... didn't think so !

Trojans quote "Walk in Choctaws crawl out squaws"

Fact : Happy Homecoming

Fact: Dyer County Choctaws Football 2007 Region 7 - 3A CHAMPIONS

Fact: Dyer County Boys Basketball by 14 on Jan 04.2007 (Great Game with some complications)

Fact: Dyersburg Girls by 2 in a "Buzzer Beater" (Great Game)

yellowcard, i said my man was wrong. you think that those were incidental elbows. you need to stick to futball. and matt only thinks the kids that kicked his team to the curb to get a chance to play are the classless players. if you two are happy at dyersburg and the system works for you then im happy for you. but why should other suffer to let you two be happy. what galls dyersburg fans so much is that those young men had nerve enough to make the move and chose to go to what you consider an inferior school to play. and they have thrived. im sure victor feel abandoned. these young men were never going to get to play for brian brown and he would still be coaching if they had not left. open up your eyes and see dyersburg is no better - or worse- than dyer county. the playing field has leveled.

Your post is ludicrous.

And for Mr. Wilson's benifit:

lu?·di?·crous /?€lud??kr?™s/ Pronunciation Key - [loo-di-kruhs] ??“adjective causing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable

1. When you hold the basketball chest high with elbows out and swing wildy back and forth whille being closely guarded and strike your defender; it is not incidental. Especially when this occurs at least three times during game.

(BTW there is never a time when throwing a punch is appropiate behavior. I do not condone, nor did I cheer this action.)

2. I sat a mid court behind scorers table. Dyersburg students did spill onto the court from the stands. The situation was handeled immediately and it did not concern me in any fashion.

3. Dyersburg student section was loud at times, but was about one-half to two-thirds (that's generous) of DC's number.

4. The game was physical on both sides and for the most part clean, by both teams.

5. Every game I has seen between these two teams have been physical, going back to at least 4 years.

I was in the DHS student section, and though I wouldn't say we were hugly bigger, I thought we had a couple more people. I could be wrong cause I could see their whole section, but we were definatly not 1/2 to 2/3rds of DC.

How come everybody in DC is having fits over Dyersburg storming the Court? I sure didn't hear any complaints when yall stormed the Field after the football game. About 15 dyersburg guys went about 8 feet out of the stands and stayed out for like 20 seconds, Big Deal. Most people stayed in the stands. I really liked how the student section applauded Coach Coffman when he came out after the win. Way to show support!

How come everybody in DC is having fits over Dyersburg storming the Court? I sure didn't hear any complaints when yall stormed the Field after the football game. About 15 dyersburg guys went about 8 feet out of the stands and stayed out for like 20 seconds, Big Deal. Most people stayed in the stands. I really liked how the student section applauded Coach Coffman when he came out after the win. Way to show support!

I don't beleive anyone is referring to the girls game. The incident that I was referring to specifically (and it did occur) was the first three rows crossing the restraining belt & going beyond the sideline (yes somewhere in the neighborhood of eight feet IS on the court) when the altercation took place. Again I stress that Kimm was wrong in his retaliation. BUT the student section has no horse in that race and yes they did go onto the court. As for the girls game I have no problem with celebration even to the point of having to evacuate the floor in order for the boys to warm up ! It's school spirit & support for your team. As for the football game it had nothing to do with negative activities on the field as stated in another post. Fifteen or fifty ........... fans or students have no place on the floor after an incident like that. It only spells trouble. WOuld they have retreated had they not been restrained? We'll never know. BUT if there is an all out brawl between players (God forbid) it should be just that ..... between players. Student section & fans should be just what they are spectators ! As for Coach Coffman well deserved applause ! Remeber he was at D.C. a few years back ! He did a great job last night & went for the throat with the last shot. Nothing to lose ! Win & get it over with or go into OT again ! But .................... DURING A GAME, THER IS NO PLACE ON THE COURT FOR STUDENTS, PARENTS OR FANS .......... PERIOD !