Oak Ridge vs. Farragut !

ORWildcat1

`

I think the substitution thing could be said about the Fulton game too. Hunley, Phillips, Watson, and Binder should get the most minutes in my opinion. Abraham, Moore, and Carroll could get the rest of the minutes and back up those four. I really think the Ads would be a lot tougher with a smaller rotation....Also, Farragut will struggle on the glass playing Binder and Watson at different times, especially against Bearden, Maryville, and Oak Ridge....

It's good to see that there are such great coaches on coacht. Chill, you don't go to practice, I doubt that you have seen the majority of Farragut's games, and you certainly don't see the game statistics. While everyone has a right to their opinion, some are much more informed than others. Just let the players play and the coaches coach. Farragut played their best quarter of the year and made a great run in the fourth quarter (coming back from 11 down) and almost pulled off a victory. The comeback was a complete team effort taking advantage of match-ups (the big guys) that were in Farragut's favor. I think that the way they played the fourth should help them gain confidence as they reenter district play.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to see that there are such great coaches on coacht. Chill, you don't go to practice, I doubt that you have seen the majority of Farragut's games, and you certainly don't see the game statistics. While everyone has a right to their opinion, some are much more informed than others. Just let the players play and the coaches coach. Farragut played their best quarter of the year and made a great run in the fourth quarter (coming back from 11 down) and almost pulled off a victory. The comeback was a complete team effort taking advantage of match-ups (the big guys) that were in Farragut's favor. I think that the way they played the fourth should help them gain confidence as they reenter district play.

dontknowmuch --

I'm not sure if you know this or not, since by your own admission you don't know much, but this is a message board where people are free to give their opinion on the subject at hand. It sounds like Chill was at the Fulton game and maybe last night's game as well. I personally think that Chill is more qualified than you are to offer an opinion on this issue. Chill is a heck of a coach. No one is saying Dodgen is a bad coach. In fact, I think he may be one of the best in Knoxville, but it was unnecessary to take a shot at Chill like that. If Farragut lost a late lead, then perhaps the substitutions did not play out the way Dodgen would have liked.

dontknowmuch --

I'm not sure if you know this or not, since by your own admission you don't know much, but this is a message board where people are free to give their opinion on the subject at hand. It sounds like Chill was at the Fulton game and maybe last night's game as well. I personally think that Chill is more qualified that you are to offer an opinion on this issue. Chill is a heck of a coach. No one is saying Dodgen is a bad coach. In fact, I think he may be one of the best on Knoxville, but it was unnecessary to take a shot at Chill like that. If Farragut lost a late lead, then perhaps the substitutions did not play out the way Dodgen would have liked.

The substitutions should not have happened. It had nothing to do with it playing out the way the coach wanted it. If a team fights back from 12 down in the second half, you leave that group of 5 in. You do not mess with the chemistry in that situation. Substitutions did not hurt Farragut in the Fulton game, 25 turnovers is what did them in in that game.

Mocs, appreciate the kind words. DKM, my bad for commenting on Farragut. I was at those games and I have watched Farragut and Coach D over the years many times, and I have the utmost respect for his program and I'm sure their is a method to the madness. I do not have stats, observe practice, or anything else that you pointed out. I just watch games.....Good luck to the Admirals...

Entertaining game. The refs let 'em play which may have added to the sometimes frantic feel of the game. One of the key moments came after a late Oak Ridge timeout. The Wildcats jumped into a zone and Farragut, which had been very aggressive during its 4th quarter rally, was tentative. Watson was stripped of the ball; Oak Ridge scored at the other end.

Not that it helped or hurt either team, but I don't believe I've ever seen a game where the two teams substituted so frequently.

"Not that it helped or hurt either team, but I don't believe I've ever seen a game where the two teams substituted so frequently"

An Oak Ridge game is notorious for frequent substitutions, expecially down the stretch. Alot of offense/defense switches. It has its pros and cons. Maybe be a little frustrating for the players and breaks the momentum when things are going well. But, it keeps everyone fresh and puts the right players in the right position. Does it work well for them? Seems to, and time will tell how it works for them this year.... :>