Marion County's Zephan Guyear gets 1,000th

PurpleGrad

Marion County's Junior guard Zephan Guyear didn't waste any time passing the 1,000 career point milestone last night against Bledsoe County. Entering the game with 998 points, Zephan drained a three pointer just seconds into the game. He finished the game with 21 points. Congratulations to Zephan on this great accomplishment!!!!!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marion County's Junior guard Zephan Guyear didn't waste any time passing the 1,000 career point milestone last night against Bledsoe County. Entering the game with 998 points, Zephan drained a three pointer just seconds into the game. He finished the game with 21 points. Congratulations to Zephan on this great accomplishment!!!!!

is that Zach's brother?

Haha. Are you close to the Marion program? I'm guessing your not.

Marion hasn't been very good lately. But the one thing thats been consistant is Zephan Guyear, and the truth is if he wasn't playing for lonely Marion then he would be a guy everyones talking about.

He is as Athletic as they come, has size, good shot, and has a good understanding of the game. you can probably thank Coach Chuck for that.

There is no doubt in my mind that the kid has 1000.

On a side note I would love to see an AAU team with the backcourt combo of Guyear and Sexton (Temple) throw in Cook and thats as good as it gets in this area.

Haha. Are you close to the Marion program? I'm guessing your not.

Marion hasn't been very good lately. But the one thing thats been consistant is Zephan Guyear, and the truth is if he wasn't playing for lonely Marion then he would be a guy everyones talking about.

He is as Athletic as they come, has size, good shot, and has a good understanding of the game. you can probably thank Coach Chuck for that.

There is no doubt in my mind that the kid has 1000.

On a side note I would love to see an AAU team with the backcourt combo of Guyear and Sexton (Temple) throw in Cook and thats as good as it gets in this area.

I'm pretty sure you are giving way too much credit to Coach Keef. Maybe that was dripping with sarcasm. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Zephan played in 23 varsity games as a Freshman, scoring 226 points. He started all 30 games as a Sophomore scoring 519 points. With 253 points through the first 15 games of this season, he entered the game last Friday needing only 2 points to reach 1,000. He got 21.... So you are correct TNWarrior.... he doesn't have 1,000 points..... he has 1,019! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations again to Zephan and we look forward to more big things from him and the rest of this young Marion County team.......

I'm pretty sure you are giving way too much credit to Coach Keef. Maybe that was dripping with sarcasm. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Zephan played in 23 varsity games as a Freshman, scoring 226 points. He started all 30 games as a Sophomore scoring 519 points. With 253 points through the first 15 games of this season, he entered the game last Friday needing only 2 points to reach 1,000. He got 21.... So you are correct TNWarrior.... he doesn't have 1,000 points..... he has 1,019! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congratulations again to Zephan and we look forward to more big things from him and the rest of this young Marion County team.......

Well put. Don't ya just love doubters? There is always going to be somebody (TNWarrior) who will question something, or disagree. I love it that the kid got 1000, but I also love it more that he puts team first, we need him in pads next fall also!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Congrats to Zephan.

Just wondering, who is Marions all time leading scorer and how many pts does he have?

Don't think that Marion has done a good job of keeping up with records in basketball. I have never been aware of any. David Pryor was a star in high school, probably averaging around 30 a game during his senior year. I would guess if he hasn't gotten over 2000 then he is really close. Mack Phillips was another good ball player for the warriors as was Warren Haynes. It would be interesting to see some all-time scoring leaders at Marion.

Don't think that Marion has done a good job of keeping up with records in basketball. I have never been aware of any. David Pryor was a star in high school, probably averaging around 30 a game during his senior year. I would guess if he hasn't gotten over 2000 then he is really close. Mack Phillips was another good ball player for the warriors as was Warren Haynes. It would be interesting to see some all-time scoring leaders at Marion.

Scoring records are being researched at this time. Right now we have identified five people in the 1,000 point club:

Zephan Guyear, Mack Phillips, David Pryor, Warren Haynes, and Jonathan Adams. There are some others who have been mentioned and we are looking into their stats. The trouble is, after Jerry McNabb left, no one kept very good records and many of the score books have disappeared.

At this time we are looking for win/loss records for the following seasons: (If you know these please post them here)

1987-1988

1988-1989

1992-1993

1993-1994

1994-1995