Wartburg vs OZ

catmommy

Let me start by saying TIMEOUT!!! /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I think it would be great if we could have seen a Laxton Christopher match up. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

If I was holding a draft I'ld take KC first because I really feel like she has some great skills as a possible 1 at the next level. Now, I know that I'll be taken to task over that statement given she dropped 30 on us the other night and you say she is a 2 guard, but hear me out!

The way she handles the ball is amazing and she makes others around her better, she could have easily had 5 or 6 asst. versus Wartburg but some shots were missed. I think at best we can say about anyone in a comparison is that they are as good as but it is hard to say that they are better than Miss C /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Full or 30? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Glad to see you've recovered from the other night! The kids said that the talk in the locker room after the game could have been out of some movie. They will come back friday and play harder than ever! Just be nicer to the refs next game /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Good Luck Lady Dogs

Kayla is a better 1 guard that way she can drive to the basket most teams 2 or 3 players will come to her to stop her then she can just dish it to the open player if they dont comment to her she scores. I do not know if she is the best ever but she is the best right now. Great win girls!

There is one way Laxton and Christopher are similar. They both appear to have a lust for improvement......I can remember going to the gym out of season, only to find Laxton pounding away on a basketball. Once all the lights were off except one right over the goal as I walked in you could hear the ball bouncing around in the darkness and then suddenly swishing through the net. Laxton would appear under the light, and then swiftly disappear back into the darkness. I've heard Kayla has the same drive!

Who would I take......it would be tough.....either way, you win. Brynae made everyone around her a little bit better, as does Christopher. Kayla is a true point guard that can shoot, Brynae is a shooter that could, in a pinch, play point guard. Both are money with the game on the line. I think Brynae could defend anyone, where as I haven't seen Kayla defend many bigs. (which isn't particularly criticism, it's more about simple fact) Neither player can be unaccounted for in your game plan or you would get killed. I'd take this: Kayla's ball skills, Brynae's desire, and Keri B.'s three point shot. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> WOW.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> Food for thought /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Kaz

Our beloved Lady Rangers got all they wanted of Kayla Christopher in the sub-state game at Oliver Springs last Spring. She's awfully good.

But Please don't leave Laura Hall off the list. Amazing player and Great Lady Bobcat.

From the University of Tennessee - Chattanooga website:

http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPS...p;Q_SEASON=2007

"Oliver Springs High School: Three times named Tennessee Sports Writers Association Class AA First Team All-State ... averaged 18.6 points, 3.4 assists and 3.8 steals per game in senior season as Bobcats made it to the state Final Four with a 32-6 record ... shot 40.7% on 3-pointers and 74.8% on free throws as a senior ... played in 2004 Tennessee East-West All-Star game ... earned 2003 Associated Press First-Team All-State honors and 2004 AP Second Team award ... finalist for TSSAA 2002-03 Class AA Miss Basketball Award ... named Street & Smith??™s All-America Honorable Mention ... Orlando Sentinel All-South Honorable Mention ... listed No. 8 on Tennessee??™s Top College Prospects by Rick Bolus??™ High Potential Basketball Recruiting Service ... scored more than 2,500 points and had more than 600 assists in her career ... averaged 22 points, 4.5 assists, 3.8 rebounds and 3.6 steals per game as a junior ... four times scored 30 or more points in a game and 18 times had 20-29 points ... three times named District 4-AA MVP and Region 2-AA MVP ... in sophomore season, averaged 19.2 points, 6.5 assists, 4 rebounds and 4.5 steals per game ... had one triple-double ... twice scored 30 or more points in a game and 15 times scored 20-29 points ... as a freshman, averaged 13.7 points, 3.6 assists per game, 4.4 rebounds and 2.8 steals per game ... holds streak of 71 consecutive double-digit scoring games against in-state opponents ... high school coach was Todd Wright ... played summer AAU for Shelbyville Sports Shop, which finished third in 16-Under national tournament ... also played softball, golf and ran cross-country ... won OSHS President??™s Education Award and Outstanding Academic Excellence honor ... member of Beta Club ... graduated in top 25 of class."

B. Laxton attended the University of Tennessee on full athletic scholarship. She is now in the Medical Profession.

K. Boyatt ended up at Clemson also on full athletic scholarship. She now resides in California.

Krich, I can't remember the full scope of their athletic accomplishments but it is safe to say they are both every bit as "decorated" as OS's Hall. We could spend ages going over apples and oranges, but the four ladies mentioned (Hall, Laxton, Christopher, Boyatt) are certainly an elite group. All we need now is probably a top center to make this group complete (any suggestions?). Hall and Boyatt are both true shooting guards, but Keri could easily move to small forward since she rebounded so well for someone her size. With this many great shooters, I'm sure they could have blown some three point shooting records to bits.

Wartburg girls, nice win over Oakdale the other night! Coalfield surprised everyone too! No disrespect to the Yellow Jackets accomplishment, but OS must have took the night off!

Kazam /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Goose, I never really thought of it that way. I'm kinda......once in the district, always in the district kinda thinking. And, truth be told, Harriman used to be a regular foe for the teams in 4A not very long ago. Moore was BMT (before my time), but I have heard some incredible accounts of her prowess around the rim. I've often heard she was pretty much two things around the rim: unstoppable and automatic. They said even the most bumbling idiot off the street could win games if you put her on a block and someone could get her the ball. I couldn't disagree with you, that she was indeed special enough to sit in my starting five. New question: Who is my 2nd team? Bet this gets a little harder! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazam

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> I think when you put the schools initials up (OS) it's pronunciation would be OZ. Of course I could be way off on that, because it is just a guess. My other guess is that Dorothy lives there, and she got blown from Kansas to Tennessee! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Kazam