HENDERSONVILLE INVITATIONAL

rigger101

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is only fair to let everyone know that we (Lebanon) had to forfeit at 135 and 189 and settle for fourth place because of the 5 match rule. Both of my wrestlers at these weight classes finished the day 4-1 but could not wrestle for third place. My 135 could not even wrestle in the consolation semi's. My 189 did not have the chance to wrestle for third. Other that this issue, I think the tournament was awesome. I know that Coach Bennett and the Hendersonville staff will remedy this problem for next year and we are looking forward to coming back again. Congrats to all the medal and team winners. Well done!!! Next step...region tournament!!!!

Mr. Turner,

As to calling you out, you started it when you named Coach Simpson's family beside mat 2. If you run a event that size you can put your kids on any mat that you choose. I have seen this at other tourny's beore.

No, what that should read is "when you run a event that size you don't have time to put your kids on any mat that you choose.'' Maybe thats why the tournament directors have the loud annoying speaker set up, to avoid a more fair random mat draw for all wrestlers and their families so FR's fans aren't the only ones with front row seats for their matches. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Mr. Turner,

As to calling you out, you started it when you named Coach Simpson's family beside mat 2. If you run a event that size you can put your kids on any mat that you choose. I have seen this at other tourny's beore.

I've never have seen it except at FR. I speak to Mrs. Simpson the Matriarch of TN wrestling every event I see her at. She reminds me of my Grandmother. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

No big deal, on the call out, most folks know who I am. But it sort of the unwritten rule. But if that makes your day your not the first. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" However it can put heat on our kids sometimes, so I do not appreciate that or recommend it to be done to others.. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I think you took my post wrong. I wasn't saying anything bad about the Simpson family just trying to make the point about the majority of the matches being on Mat 2 for the Irish. If it was for the Grandparents benifit great.

I have the highest regard for the royality of TN Wrestling. Every Simpson I have met is a class act! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm proud to have them at the US Military Ac(West Point) as reps from the great state of TN and as wrestlers from our state.

So if you took as a shot against the Simpson's.

It was not!

Just my thought about the board vs the constant loud speakers at FR. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

No, what that should read is "when you run a event that size you don't have time to put your kids on any mat that you choose.'' Maybe thats why the tournament directors have the loud annoying speaker set up, to avoid a more fair random mat draw for all wrestlers and their families so FR's fans aren't the only ones with front row seats for their matches. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Yes, that is the point and that less stalling calls would be on that mat and seam to be bias.

Rasslinliteheaded- Let me get this stright.

Because you thought I was saying something negative about the Simpsons you took a cheap shot at all our parents 130-189 and our tourney.

Wow, that's sad! If you need to vent come on over and say howdy. Instead of making cheap shots at the Commando parents.

What I said in here about the FR Tourney I would say to any Irish Supporter. Saying all our parents were in the corner is not true! So that makes U a Liar!