HENDERSONVILLE INVITATIONAL

rigger101

103-

Zach Shelton, SPF-1st fall 4:11 over Tanner Bates MTJ

3. Waterson CHC forfit

4. Riley ELT

5. Kermick GRM forfit

6. Large HND forfit

***the 103 has become one of the toughest wgt classes in Region 2. 1. Springfield 2. Mt Juliet 3. White House 4. Hendersonville

Pipkin CHC (OW) fall over Peratta CSC

3. Vongsamphanah

4. Johnson HND

Childers fall 5:22 Guzman

Beck OAK and Augilar tie 5 match rule.

***Childers was behind 0-5 in the 1st period when he was stuck and almost pinned. Came back then took the lead and pinned the Kewwood grappler. Great match.

Drake Townsend HND 8-2 over Warren of Rossview that was (22-0)

3. Lilard HTL

4. Alsup FRC

Ryan Treloar HND 6-3 over Bennett DKC

3. Tate OAK

4. Herchenbac WLC

Lent ELT 18-11 over Gechele Oak

3. Ford RSV over Turner OT 0-2 /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Johnson RSV 8-3 over Williams NTW

3. Sikpi HTL

4. Jones ELT

Mintiow GNC over Garrett ELT

3. McElheny CSC

4. Coggins

Nelius GRM over Tucker HND 12-2

3. Hinkle ELT

4. Luplow DKC

Neubert CSC Henery GRM

3. Johnson RSV

4.Davis MTJ

171***Best Match***

Shurina KXC over Jones GRM

3. Biggs MTJ

4. Robels KNW

1st Brett Jaeckel Hendersonville 3- 0

2nd Eli Takalo Dickson Co 3- 1

3rd Toney Charles Germantown 4- 1

4th Matt Leon Lebanon 4- 2

Peagram GNC over Turner NTW

3. Atkinson HND

3. Garrett Elt

Mycyk KNW fall 1st 30 scd over Clemons GNC

3. Beird WLC

3. Hickson CSC

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103-

Zach Shelton, SPF-1st fall 4:11 over Tanner Bates MTJ

3. Waterson CHC forfit

4. Riley ELT

5. Kermick GRM forfit

6. Large HND forfit

***the 103 has become one of the toughest wgt classes in Region 2. 1. Springfield 2. Mt Juliet 3. White House 4. Hendersonville

Did u mean toughest wgt. class in Region 8 by chance? and does the numbers with teams on them mean what team has the best 103, just wondering, making sure I understand this the best

Rigger,

189 - 3rd and 4th place??

Looks like the 215's got listed by mistake???

Any way we could get a posting of the 14 brackets?

Will it get added to your teams website?

WOW!! Looks like Hend. is prepared for Regionals!

It's going to be hard to knock you guys off the mountain.

Rigger,

189 - 3rd and 4th place??

Looks like the 215's got listed by mistake???

Any way we could get a posting of the 14 brackets?

Will it get added to your teams website?

WOW!! Look like Hend. is prepared for Regionals!

It's going to be hard to knock you guys of the mountain.

Sorry, about that but it's the paper work I received from the Score table when I was leaving.

H'ville Inv results site

Did u mean toughest wgt. class in Region 8 by chance? and does the numbers with teams on them mean what team has the best 103, just wondering, making sure I understand this the best

We have some very good 103's in our region. If only 3 get to go to state someone is staying home.

Our 103 has faced some of the best kids in the state and has been ranked in the top 5 in the State. Currently on head to head match ups he could only be ranked as the 3rd or 4th best in our region.

I know S'fields 103 is undefeated in the region and I'm not sure what the record is between Mt J and WHHS. The 103 wt class in our regiosn is the most competitive. I can't think of any other weight class that has 4 top contenders.

BTW- IMHO the Hendersonville Invitation has a lot of advantages over the Father Ryan Invitation.

1. We use a board to track matches to ensure everyone knows what mat to be on vs loud broadcasting over the intercom every few min. That drives you crazy after about an hour much less 12+ hrs.

2. We don't stack all our Commando wrestlers matches on one mat. I bet 90% or more of the Irish matches were on Mat 2 in front of the Simpson family and the Irish and MBA fans.

3. We have, in the opinion of most coaches and refs, the best hospitality room in the state and maybe the southeast.

I would guess most coaches or refs left the tourney with their belts tighter around their waist.

4. We offer discounts to famlies and students.

5. The finals aren't full of stalling calls because of chants from the home crowd.

6. We have most of the results posted by Midnite of the end of our Tourney and posted on our website the next day. I think it took 3 days or more for the Father Ryan Tourney.

I've been going to the FR Tourney for 8 years as a parent and have set in the stands with teams from East TN and now one from Middle TN and met parents from other teams. My little sister was a mat girl for the Irish and I have had two cousins that were State Champs from there.

IMHO-the FR Tourney is one of the most annoying tourneys I have ever been to. With the constant blaring of voices over the intercom system and the lack of a board to keep track of the bouts, it's a total bust. It is not fan friendly because of the pricing at the gate and the feeling of bias because of mat assignments and calls on that mat when facing Irish wrestlers.

IMHO- because of the History and Comp you face there is a good experience for wrestlers. However as a fan/parent it has become one of the tourey's I hate to go to. Since this is the last year that I will have a grappler on the Mat it will probably my last to attend unless it's the finals. That way I will not have to listen to the pain of thier intercom system and live with the bias calls on mat 2.

BTW- IMHO the Hendersonville Invitation has a lot of advantages over the Father Ryan Invitation.

1. We use a board to track matches to ensure everyone knows what mat to be on vs loud broadcasting over the intercom every few min. That drives you crazy after about an hour much less 12+ hrs.

2. We don't stack all our Commando wrestlers matches on one mat. I bet 90% or more of the Irish matches were on Mat 2 in front of the Simpson family and the Irish and MBA fans.

3. We have, in the opinion of most coaches and refs, the best hospitality room in the state and maybe the southeast.

I would guess most coaches or refs left the tourney with their belts tighter around their waist.

5. The finals aren't full of stalling calls because of chants from the home crowd.

6. We have most of the results posted by Midnite of the end of our Tourney and posted on our website the next day. I think it took 3 days or more for the Father Ryan Tourney.

I've been going to the FR Tourney for 8 years as a parent and have set in the stands with teams from East TN and now one from Middle TN and met parents from other teams. My little sister was a mat girl for the Irish and I have had two cousins that were State Champs from there.

IMHO-the FR Tourney is one of the most annoying tourneys I have ever been to. With the constant blaring of voices over the intercom system and the lack of a board to keep track of the bouts, it's a total bust. It is not fan friendly because of the pricing at the gate and the feeling of bias because of mat assignments and calls on that mat when facing Irish wrestlers.

IMHO- because of the History and Comp you face there is a good experience for wrestlers. However as a fan/parent it has become one of the tourey's I hate to go to. Since this is the last year that I will have a grappler on the Mat it will probably my last to attend unless it's the finals. That way I will not have to listen to the pain of thier intercom system and live with the bias calls on mat 2.

I have been to other hospitality rooms across the state and now after going to tournaments in Kentucky and Alabama, I can say Hendersonville's Hopitality room is the best I have been to.

Rigger I would guess most good coaches wouldn't know how good a hospitality room is because they are coaching their boys all tournament long.

Maybe we will come up from Memphis one day to see!

Rigger I would guess most good coaches wouldn't know how good a hospitality room is because they are coaching their boys all tournament long.

Maybe we will come up from Memphis one day to see!

Not so fast my friend! There are plenty of breaks between rounds and before the finals to adequately judge a hospitality room. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

First of all MR. Turner,

The MBA fans were on the other side of the gym.

Jason is a good coach if some of the parents get out of the corner and let him do his job it would be nice. (130 - 189).

I'll ask Ronnie Carter about all of your parents sitting in the corner.

Good tournys are not about food. They are about good wrestling. Not starting the finals at close to 9pm. I know you were enjoying the food when the rest of us were traveling. Some of us did not get home till 3am.

Your tourny was so good there were only 4 or 5 consolation because of the five match rule.

What would you rather have your finals at 5 or around 9pm. Thats a joke

First of all MR. Turner, Oh, you don't have to be so formal! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The MBA fans were on the other side of the gym. Wow' I could have swore those folks besides me near mat 2 wearing the MBA shirts were from MBA! Jason is a good coach (YES HE IS) if some of the parents get out of the corner and let him do his job it would be nice. (130 - 189).

I'll ask Ronnie Carter about all of your parents sitting in the corner. ( Yeah, I saw the same problem at FR)Good tournys are not about food. They are about good wrestling. Not starting the finals at close to 9pm. (wHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST?) I know you were enjoying the food when the rest of us were traveling. (Nope, the great ladies running that area had all ready cleaned up. However, since you know my name you must know I love food by my size!) Some of us did not get home till 3am.

Your tourny was so good there were only 4 or 5 consolation because of the five match rule. (HOW IS THAT OUR FAULT?)What would you rather have your finals at 5 or around 9pm. Thats a joke

Ouch!

Do you need Ronnie's number? I will be glad to send it to you. I was raised with a few of his staff.

Well I was up stairs during the matches not in any corner.

I thought we saw some good wrestling during the tourney. I'm sorry that you didn't.

Most of the Commando parents didn't get to see theirs grapplers wrestle every match because we were helping pick up food, cook, clean, make copies or what ever Coach or the Tourney director needed us to do. If you have ever helped work a tourney your there late the night before and late after all the other teams leave. I think I had the baked Potatoes I picked up at 10am for the first time for dinner at 11pm.

Tourneys aren't about food for the coaches and refs but they are about the kids and their fans.

The food part was a joke but I had a few coaches and refs say our parents did a great job taking care of them. The South Car coach said it was the best they had ever been to and he said they were pros! LOL

I sorry for you’re late travel but we had 4 mats running and only a short break. So I don't know how they could have had the matches end any earlier unless they go to a 2-day tourney.

I don't remember getting out of Father Ryan or KCHS Tourney until late on Friday nights and after 8am on Sat. In the AAU days and Future Champions most of us have been in gyms until midnight.

I've learned to get a room when I'm out of town because I don't like to take a chance on the long drive back. However some of us are cheaper than others/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

BTW-rasslinlite

I didn't think your home was that far away. Wow, 3am!

I know there are a few bars between there and H'ville but 3am. Come on.

Notice I have enough class not to call you out!

Wait until you have set there for 2 day's over an 8 yr period listening to the loud speakers when a board showing the bouts would solve the problem. Then see calls year after year that seam to be bias and in front of the FR bleachers. BTW- this has never happened to one of my young men. However this year I thought a Greenback grappler was going to lose because of questionable calls.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have heard it from teams all over the State but few want to make the Wrestling boat rock.

Note: I said from the beginning it was IMHO!

I've cheered for the Irish of Father Ryan most of my life from the day I could walk and of course always against MBA during Football. I just don't like the way they operate their tourney with announcing every match and not having a bout board. With a board I would think that the majority of their matches wouldn't be on the mat in front of their fans.

BTW- Cheap shot at the Commando parents 130 -189. /excl.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":excl:" border="0" alt="excl.gif" /> /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />