Van Buren vs Eagleville

jaymac

This is a big game fro each team as they both are unbeaten in ths district at 5-0 , anybody got any thoughts on this one,

I have watched VB play and when they put there all on the court they are hard to beat. I have not had a chance to see Eagleville and I dont know anything about them, so I am looking forward to the matchup, I am going to have to give the nod to the Eagles of VB for the win in a close game played on the mountain

Give me your thoughts on it

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Having seen both of these teams play I would give VB a slight edge because of the home court advantage. VB has the best post player in the district while Eagleville has the best combo in the post. Would give VB the edge at guard with Baker being one of the best players overall. Should be a great game with Simmons being the player who could be the differece. This is the game of the year with many more to come in the second half.

Van Buren won by twenty-something! Maybe it was 23. Anyway they didn't attempt a shot in the last 4 1/2 minutes. Baker had his worst shooting game of the year. He was really off tonight. Smith controlled the inside and nailed some timely three's. Simmons and Farris was on the second half as well. The gym was packed and rocking on the Mountain tonight. Look forward to the rematch at Eagleville.

Good win for Van Buren even if Eagleville was missing some players. Outside shooting was cold for Van Buren in the first half. Defense was the deciding factor which it usually is when two good teams match up. Three things stuck out in my opionion that turn the game in Van Buren's favor. Smith was a force down in the paint. Great rebounding in the second half on the defensive end. Baker was not hitting his shots but he contributed greatly in every other phase of the game. And there is one thing you can count on, Eagleville will be ready when the game is played at their gym. The disctrict winner will be decided in the second half of the disctrict race. Van Buren has the lead, but it is not a given they will be crowned district champs. Enjoy the win tonight, go back to work tommorrow. Go Eagles!

This is a big game fro each team as they both are unbeaten in ths district at 5-0 , anybody got any thoughts on this one,

I have watched VB play and when they put there all on the court they are hard to beat. I have not had a chance to see Eagleville and I dont know anything about them, so I am looking forward to the matchup, I am going to have to give the nod to the Eagles of VB for the win in a close game played on the mountain

Give me your thoughts on it

Hey even though Eagleville lost last night against VB I still believe that they can beat them at their place. Playing on that mountain of thiers is a tough one and VB didnt miss a shot in the 4th qtr. so give it to them. However, this won't be the same when they play at Eagleville nor where the district tournaments are held which in in Unionville (community) I say Eagleville has the better team and they will be the ones to come out on top in the district.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

How can Eagleville allow Simmons to make 5 3pt shots? One of these teams will lose again before the district tournament so don't expect to see these teams finishing with only one loss for the last game. Two very solid teams but others are catching up.