Volunteer Girl's Basketball

proudpapaw

Just got off phone with someone intmately involved with Volunteer program, basically confirmed this is Anderson's last season and girls are elated. Anyone else heard anything, I know rumors have been going on since end of last season.

I been hearing rumors last few weeks, something must be going on. I think last years 6 wins and only 2 wins this year and not being competive is getting to everyone. After losing only 2 starters from last years team and only 1 or 2 from this years team their program is going to be weak for some time. Everyone is ready for a change.

Just got off phone with someone intmately involved with Volunteer program, basically confirmed this is Anderson's last season and girls are elated. Anyone else heard anything, I know rumors have been going on since end of last season.

I guess that person that is intimately involved can't even give the coach enough respect to make his own announcement, and then someone posts a rumor on a web-site. This season is not over yet, but you post a rumor on a web-site that will distract the players even more. And it looks like they need to pay close attention to what they are doing. Is this a reflection of some of the folks associated with Volunteer High School? Gosh, it might be difficult to get a new coach.

I coached against Coach Anderson for years. I always felt like he did the best he could with what he had. The feeder program at Church Hill Middle School has been extremely weak for about ten years or more. Many of Volunteers' standout players often go elsewhere and I don't think Coach Anderson should take the blame for all of that. I always thought his teams were well prepared and played hard. They actually had the best jv team in the Watauga Conference about six years ago, but the success didn't carry over to the varsity much. They struggled to compete in AA and may have reached the Region once or twice. Expecting them to compete at the AAA level with the weakness of the feeder program and the lack of athletes is absurd. It may be time to start building a program at Volunteer, tearing down the coach and current team will not help much.

I coached against Coach Anderson for years. I always felt like he did the best he could with what he had. The feeder program at Church Hill Middle School has been extremely weak for about ten years or more. Many of Volunteers' standout players often go elsewhere and I don't think Coach Anderson should take the blame for all of that. I always thought his teams were well prepared and played hard. They actually had the best jv team in the Watauga Conference about six years ago, but the success didn't carry over to the varsity much. They struggled to compete in AA and may have reached the Region once or twice. Expecting them to compete at the AAA level with the weakness of the feeder program and the lack of athletes is absurd. It may be time to start building a program at Volunteer, tearing down the coach and current team will not help much.

I wasn't trrying to tear down coach or team, but I heard all last season it might be his last and I've heard it all this season and players and parents heard it too. Reason I have heard is he wants to watching his daughter play next season and I commend him for that. It's hard enough to compete without controversy so hpoefully one way or other Volunterr program will get on right track. The girls deserve it!

I guess that person that is intimately involved can't even give the coach enough respect to make his own announcement, and then someone posts a rumor on a web-site. This season is not over yet, but you post a rumor on a web-site that will distract the players even more. And it looks like they need to pay close attention to what they are doing. Is this a reflection of some of the folks associated with Volunteer High School? Gosh, it might be difficult to get a new coach.

After tonight's DB game I congratulated a couple of the parents and players i know from Volunteer on a well played game. They brought up the subject about this being Anderson's last year and said he had thought about retiring before last year's season to watch his daughter play middle school ball but was making it official 's after this season. I don't know if it's rumor or not but it is old news to Volunteer faithful.

No, you nor ProudPapaw tear down these girls or Coach Anderson -- As for you Proud Papaw -- let the girls speak for themselves and I doubt you talk to any of the varsity girls -- you want to tear down this program so bad it's not even funny!!!! We know how you feel, and you're not for us at all - so why don't you just leave these girls alone and the program alone and pull for DB!!! All you talk about is how bad Coach Anderson is --- well for your information I bet we could bring you to the whole team and they would debate you publically!!! He's a good man and has made some great changes to this program and cut some girls this past year that pulled the team down. WE STAND BEHIND OUR GIRLS, DAUGHTERS, GRAND DAUGHTERS, and NIECES. There is NO ANNOUCEMENT and when it comes, it will come from him. I agree with the other poster that he's not had a feeder program, but that is changing. The coaching for girls at CHMS and SMS are great -- these girls are already pulling together and ready to start playing travel ball in a few weeks -- this is a young program with some great talent coming up.You can put us down all you want -- we played like champs last night -- Thank you to the VHS coaches and the girls for your hard work and teamwork --- DB had to work their butts off to take that win --- Great things will come to this team -- WE BELIEVE IN THE LADY FALCONS!!!

Did you talk to Sandy, Coach Anderson's wife???? I mean that would be intimately involved. No, haven't heard anything and I know the girls very well and they're just fine, their problem is YOU and always putting them down. They really wish you wouldn't even come back to one of their games and they don't understand why you do.

Today dobyns bennett had a game, for some reason kaelie huddle still ends up coming to Volunteer ..Proudpapaw why is that? Does she miss it here? You always want to talk about volunteer more than you do db, so why did she move in the first place..playing time is def. not a factor becuase she dont play there either...you always want to down the vhs coach but you always end up paying your 6 dollars to come to the vhs games..dont you? its really nice to know how the atmosphere at volunteer must be so interesting to you and your family!Do you have an explanation /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ?

After tonight's DB game I congratulated a couple of the parents and players i know from Volunteer on a well played game. They brought up the subject about this being Anderson's last year and said he had thought about retiring before last year's season to watch his daughter play middle school ball but was making it official 's after this season. I don't know if it's rumor or not but it is old news to Volunteer faithful.

That's funny, just thought of something -- sounds like you are connected to DB, though you said you had a niece that played for VHS and you always sit with the parents at VHS -- you can go check your post over on the Volunteer Christmas Classic section --- guess you are just a lying trouble maker.

Today dobyns bennett had a game, for some reason kaelie huddle still ends up coming to Volunteer ..Proudpapaw why is that? Does she miss it here? You always want to talk about volunteer more than you do db, so why did she move in the first place..playing time is def. not a factor becuase she dont play there either...you always want to down the vhs coach but you always end up paying your 6 dollars to come to the vhs games..dont you? its really nice to know how the atmosphere at volunteer must be so interesting to you and your family!Do you have an explanation /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ?

Asnap, Surge

Please accept my deepest apologies for the posts about VHS. This started out as a simple question why some girls did not return from last year's squad. I knew the reason for one and it was not BASKETBALL as everyone thinks. She still has not recovered 100% from the head injuries she received by being attacked last year and accordingly to doctors may never. She had to go homebound last year because of injuries and neurologist said any blow next 2 - 3 months to head may cause permanent damage. The student that attacked her was still in school and making threats to do it again whe she returned. The student that attacked her has a history of violence and physically attacked four other students during school year. With this student still at VHS her safety was paramount. SO NOW YOU KNOW. With the head injuries she sustained, for her try out and make any team was quiet an accomplishment. When some derogatory coacht posts, myspace comments were made and ugly text messages she received came from people not knowing why she left I became very defensive and vented my frustration in a very improper way. For those of you that know the truth and what she has gone though the past year physically and emotionally thanks for your love and support. For those who did'nt know and still snub her you are missing the opportunity to know a wonderful young lady whose heart and family still supports the Lady Falcons.

Again I a truly sorry and embarrassed for the posts and will not be making anymore