Boyd Buchanan

chattparrot

If the administrators at Boyd Buchanan don't find a Coach for the Girls Basketball program soon. There won't be a Girls Basketball program nest year. The present coaches of Brown and Sewell maybe good teachers and may have played some Basketball outside of High School, but that doesn't translate into the ability to Coach.

I wonder if you have talked with the coaches about your concern. To your credit, I'm sure you have coached a varsity sport in which you have a devastatingly small student base, but play in a classification for medium-sized schools and whose district is among the toughest in the state. So, you have a lot of credibility here.

I'm sure the coaches appreciate your support.

Central played Boyd Friday, and it wasn't pretty. Central subbed every 3-4 minutes, but with a much weaker bench, Boyd was not able to give as much rest as Central. The result was that the Boyd ladies were ran into the ground, not just on the score board, but also physically worn out. They just don't have the depth that is needed to play at the pace that Central plays. Boyd has some pretty good players, but with no relief from the bench, they just ran out of steam. I did notice some things that I would have done different if I were coaching Boyd. First, I would have been very deliberate on offense. Boyd seemed to want to run with Central. Second, I think that "Minet" (not spelled right, sorry) didn't get enough touches in the right places on the floor. I'd like to see her post up more on the block, or flash to the free throw line where she could make a move from there. Honestly, she scares me, and I don't think that Boyd uses her to their fullest benefit. But, in the coaches defense, Central's man-to-man defense was forcing the pace of the game all night. Causing bad passes, poor shot selection, and speeding the pace of the game to a level that Boyd could not maintain. This effected "Minet", as bigger players have a harder time in faster paced games cause they have to run the full 94 feet, where perimeter players run less. I did notice that Boyd never quit, I didn't see a player break from the "team" play, and throughout a very tough night, the team as a whole showed class and poise. These are all positive signs toward that coach and her discipline of the team. I think that if this team were playing Div II, or A, they would be very competitive, they just can't compete with the multiplier. TSSAA has more to do with their win/loss record then the coach or players.

The Lady Bucs upset Sweetwater last night. Sweetwater has beaten Tellico, Tyner, and I think Polk County recently. Not a bad win for a team with no coaches huh? Congrats to the Lady Bucs.

Yes, congrats to the great win last night. Most of the problems for the Lady Bucs is the confidence in themselves. They have time to remedy the season for the tournament. Anyway all the regular season is about is preparing for the second part which is the tourney's. GO LADY BUCS I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, congrats to the great win last night. Most of the problems for the Lady Bucs is the confidence in themselves. They have time to remedy the season for the tournament. Anyway all the regular season is about is preparing for the second part which is the tourney's. GO LADY BUCS I WILL ALWAYS BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think your right. I seem to have more faith in them then they do themselves, and I'm an opposing fan. And the win against Sweetwater should give them some confidence. Good luck in the rest of the season and the district, at least until/if they play us agian. I think that Sweetwater plays a more deliberate game, too. Which showes that they need can play against teams in this district if they will slow the pace down.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job to the Lady Bucs Of BBS for their win vs. Meigs County Tuesday. This is a first for the girls program, not being last in the district. They will actually end 7th if Sweetwater beats Meigs Friday. Look forward to the tournament. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Good job to the Lady Bucs Of BBS for their win vs. Meigs County Tuesday. This is a first for the girls program, not being last in the district. They will actually end 7th if Sweetwater beats Meigs Friday. Look forward to the tournament. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Does anyone know if Cord Bowen's mom coaches anywhere? Cord is your kicker on BBS foorball team. His mom coached a team to a state appearance in Ga.

• 1 year later...