The Waverly Tigers and The Triplets

concerned22

Hey ksgovols. It would do you well to know that this "homer" as you call him has over time has had multiple screennames where he criticizes. It is not that hard to see. The only time he really liked Waverly was a few years ago when they were good and there was one reason he liked them. And he still took shots. With another screenname of course. Im just glad he finally stopped talking about that team and how they could beat all of our cheatham county schools with their B team etc. I am sure our Harpeth team this year could not touch that year and Sycamore wouldnt get the ball past half-court. Once again, I quote "my name".

Sorry, this is the only screen name I have had. You can look at the member number to see if the name has been changed because it remains the same. You along with the ones who kick me have searched for something to accuse because you don't like my opinion. Sorry, I don't like yours but that's life and you don't see me trashing you.

Thanks, slube, ksgovols, etc. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I have met a lot of you guys as we travel around and you are some great people. ksgovols, bigcountry, utvols2, slube, hhsnumber1, PA Linz, CoachT, robjim, bighurt, just to name a few. Hope to run into you guys again. Good luck and be safe.

See you guys in Harpeth Friday. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ksgovols. It would do you well to know that this "homer" as you call him has over time has had multiple screennames where he criticizes. It is not that hard to see. The only time he really liked Waverly was a few years ago when they were good and there was one reason he liked them. And he still took shots. With another screenname of course. Im just glad he finally stopped talking about that team and how they could beat all of our cheatham county schools with their B team etc. I am sure our Harpeth team this year could not touch that year and Sycamore wouldnt get the ball past half-court. Once again, I quote "my name".

Papa, is that you behind one of your many screennames?

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I will find you at the game.

Ah, slube, I thought you were not that naive. If PapaT is cool to you then I feel bad for all of us in Cheatham County as well. And I assure you, if there were an idiot filter installed on here, Papa would be at the top of the list. I will give you the benefit of the doubt because it looks like you dont research your posts too much either and you dont see what an idiot papatiger is. Anyway, slube, I am sorry I disappointed you. You always seem to support your teams and we need more of that in our county!

ok first off, if you would quit lookin in the mirror you could change your screen name, again that is....we know your the one with a different screen name and thats obvious. papaT is one of our biggest supporter i really have no clue where you get the idea that he isnt, im sure if you asked him he would post that waverly could make it to state but hey hes finally cut back on the over doing it posts he had during football season lol...you know right now im surprised because stewart county has always been the school to bash waverly and papaT nonstop and i havent seen a post from any of them, and right now i dont believe that your are honestly from cheatham county (jmo)...waverly's team is far from the 04-05 team and so is all the teams in the district currently. another thing, dont be puttin down camden, they are a good and athletic school and yea, theyr not that great at basketball but theyr not that horrible either and its like papaT has been quoted saying many many times "anyone can beat anyone on any givin night" and yea waverly had a terrible game and a loss was the result but hey losing is what happens and thats why they play the games because there are always upsets, look at the kentucky vandy game who would believe that 6-7 wildcats could beat 16-0 commodores? waverly still has games against the top teams in the district and has a really great chance at winning, especially with the triplets, with leonard's leadership the team will be motivated to be playing better. and by the way waverly won tonight at monkey central way to go guys lets keep it up traveling to harpeth friday, expect a good game. then maybe we'l see ithrewup either in waverly next tuesday when stewart county comes to play or friday win waverly travels to cheatham, looks to be an interesting next couple of weeks!! BLUE WHITE TIGER PRIDE!!!

whoops i had to edit...my bad /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is a very interesting post. I think that we as fans need to get behind our Tigers and support them, team and coaches. I know for a fact that Coach K has not pulled kids out in the past for getting close to his record. The Tigers have a good time with talent, heart and soul that needs to be encouraged and supported. They have improved so much from the first game, yeah, they have an off night, who of us doesn't? Can you imagine if all were "on" at the same time what an awesome game that would be? Last night, Cody and Josh were lighting them up and Ben & Justin just couldn't get it to fall. It happens. And let's face it, no one could possibly be harder on Ben than he is on himself. My biggest problem this year is the unique ability of the officials. Last night, #51 for MCHS had 4 fouls, that kid didn't get off the bench until the last 2 minutes of the game and was only there for maybe a minute. It was #50. The two look nothing alike. They had to call a time to find out what Jackson's number was, #3 got all of #23's fouls, #21 was sitting on Josh's back and Josh got the foul for holding. This is just one of many "interesting" calls last night. They seem to be letting the game get rougher and rougher, someone is going to get hurt. I know you can't call everything, or we would be there all night, but this is getting out of hand. No I would not want to be a ref, and I do understand that it is much easier for us in the stands to see than them. That being said, when they can't see the numbers on these kids' jerseys, then something is wrong! I know they are human and make mistakes, but with any job, take pride in it and do it to your best ability. And if you can't gracefully step aside and let someone else who will.

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PS I had to edit the funky symbol - sorry

Ok. I am sure some of you will reply to this but dont bother. Yes, I did make up this screenname for one post only because I would rather my team not get any ideas that I pay attention to other teams that we dont even play. And yes, I am a plus member but my team would definitely know who I was with that screenname. The reason I am writing is because I feel coaches should look out for one another when possible. The only thing I have to say is that this thread is rediculous. Concerned22, you should be ashamed of yourself. And if you are a parent, you should really be ashamed. Look at what you have begun. I am sure this is what you wanted or you wrote without thinking. Either way, you started a thread, and then took the gutless route and never responded to anything. By your post count which is 2, I assume you write another and thought someone might figure out who you are so you took it off. As for your rumor, I am sure Waverly's coach wanted to put in all the time it takes to coach high school basketball so he could protect his school records. The rest of you that have commented, some good some bad, you are entitled to your opinion. Obviously that's what this site is for. Coach Rawlings, I am sure you are aware people like concerned22 will always be out there as long as we coach. That is part of the job whether we like it or not.

But to address one more thing. This PapaTiger has posted on many topics. He has definitely succeeded at making his name known. And yes, in many of them he is a Waverly fan. I do think I remember him being negative over the years but I didnt pay that much attention then so I really cant say. One thing I can say is this. If this guy is your radio announcer, which I have gathered from his posts and other replies that he is, to leave the interpretation open with a comment like "the coach is doing better and I would hope he wouldnt pull a kid out to save his record." You imply that the coach was doing bad in the beginning and you leave the thought out there that you "hope" he wouldnt do that but he might? One thing is for sure. If PapaTiger was our radio announcer, he and I would have a huge problem.

/huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> I think the other thing that has to be considered is the enormous compensation package that these guys get for providing ANALYSIS and COLOR for the Waverly athletic teams. Including per diems for gas and other travel expenses and unsold concession stand food it amounts to...............negative $$$. It's a service these guys provide so that coaches can have a big problem with them. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I know Harpeth's coach ( /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Hey Jamie!) would rather work on taking charges all week than to respond to coacht banter and you won't see any of his players posting on here either. If they do, they've got too much energy left after one of his practices. I can see why you're posting incognito if you're really a coach.

The bottom line is that Papatiger is as passionate a Waverly fan as I've seen on this board. He's a homer to all of us non-Waverly fans and still gets criticized for calling it like it is if someone is not playing (or coaching) well by the home crowd. Whatever. Harpeth gets zero radio coverage unless the other team brings in a crew. Appreciate what you have.

Ok. I am sure some of you will reply to this but dont bother. Yes, I did make up this screenname for one post only because I would rather my team not get any ideas that I pay attention to other teams that we dont even play. And yes, I am a plus member but my team would definitely know who I was with that screenname. The reason I am writing is because I feel coaches should look out for one another when possible. The only thing I have to say is that this thread is rediculous. Concerned22, you should be ashamed of yourself. And if you are a parent, you should really be ashamed. Look at what you have begun. I am sure this is what you wanted or you wrote without thinking. Either way, you started a thread, and then took the gutless route and never responded to anything. By your post count which is 2, I assume you write another and thought someone might figure out who you are so you took it off. As for your rumor, I am sure Waverly's coach wanted to put in all the time it takes to coach high school basketball so he could protect his school records. The rest of you that have commented, some good some bad, you are entitled to your opinion. Obviously that's what this site is for. Coach Rawlings, I am sure you are aware people like concerned22 will always be out there as long as we coach. That is part of the job whether we like it or not.

But to address one more thing. This PapaTiger has posted on many topics. He has definitely succeeded at making his name known. And yes, in many of them he is a Waverly fan. I do think I remember him being negative over the years but I didnt pay that much attention then so I really cant say. One thing I can say is this. If this guy is your radio announcer, which I have gathered from his posts and other replies that he is, to leave the interpretation open with a comment like "the coach is doing better and I would hope he wouldnt pull a kid out to save his record." You imply that the coach was doing bad in the beginning and you leave the thought out there that you "hope" he wouldnt do that but he might? One thing is for sure. If PapaTiger was our radio announcer, he and I would have a huge problem.

I wouldn't really care what you thought to be honest with you. First of all, we are (paid HA HA HA) NOT, to bring coverage to these kids to play ball and we do that. If there was a problem the station manager would have long ago done something. Now, should we sugar coat when someone does something wrong. You coaches sure don't mind dressing down players in front of crowds (friends, parents, peers, etc) when they do something wrong. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You or any other coach won't do 100% of what I think should happen and neither would you agree 100% with what I do and wouldn't want you to. That's what makes this country great the differences of opinion. Yes, I said the coach had improved and he has. I would hope that he would take that as a compliment since our jobs depend on us improving each year not only in coaching but playing. What if your players didn't improve year to year? hmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I did say that I hoped he wouldn't do that and if you read my rebuttal on that where some other lame brain commented on it, I said I don't know what anyone thinks, nor does anyone know what I think. We are not fortune tellers. We would only hope that no one would do such an immature thing. But then, here I wouldn't think a coach would get on coach T and try to slam someone they don't even know either.

I not only do the radio, but I write for the local newspaper (sports) and was asked to write for the Jackson Sun a couple of years ago for sports but I turned them down. I also am a Christian and behave that way, in fact I am a minister too. Bet you didn't know that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I also am a city councilman who received the most votes ever in a city election for council. Must be a real bad guy. Now do I believe that our coach is the next John Wooden? NO! But he is improving and I've bragged on him to his face and on the radio. So we all need to drop this and let the kids play ball to their best ability and coaches coach to their best ability. I am Waverly blue through and through. My son played football, basketball, and baseball at Waverly. Got a scholarship to play at Martin Methodist College. My daughter is a cheerleader and played basketball until her freshmen year. Want more information? We could meet for coffee.

I wouldn't really care what you thought to be honest with you. First of all, we are (paid HA HA HA) NOT, to bring coverage to these kids to play ball and we do that. If there was a problem the station manager would have long ago done something. Now, should we sugar coat when someone does something wrong. You coaches sure don't mind dressing down players in front of crowds (friends, parents, peers, etc) when they do something wrong. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You or any other coach won't do 100% of what I think should happen and neither would you agree 100% with what I do and wouldn't want you to. That's what makes this country great the differences of opinion. Yes, I said the coach had improved and he has. I would hope that he would take that as a compliment since our jobs depend on us improving each year not only in coaching but playing. What if your players didn't improve year to year? hmmm /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I did say that I hoped he wouldn't do that and if you read my rebuttal on that where some other lame brain commented on it, I said I don't know what anyone thinks, nor does anyone know what I think. We are not fortune tellers. We would only hope that no one would do such an immature thing. But then, here I wouldn't think a coach would get on coach T and try to slam someone they don't even know either.

I not only do the radio, but I write for the local newspaper (sports) and was asked to write for the Jackson Sun a couple of years ago for sports but I turned them down. I also am a Christian and behave that way, in fact I am a minister too. Bet you didn't know that? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> I also am a city councilman who received the most votes ever in a city election for council. Must be a real bad guy. Now do I believe that our coach is the next John Wooden? NO! But he is improving and I've bragged on him to his face and on the radio. So we all need to drop this and let the kids play ball to their best ability and coaches coach to their best ability. I am Waverly blue through and through. My son played football, basketball, and baseball at Waverly. Got a scholarship to play at Martin Methodist College. My daughter is a cheerleader and played basketball until her freshmen year. Want more information? We could meet for coffee.

Ricky as a member of the basketball team thanks for all of your support and radio coverage... Keep being a homer I enjoy it.. Also thank you too mr. Lewis

Ricky as a member of the basketball team thanks for all of your support and radio coverage... Keep being a homer I enjoy it.. Also thank you too mr. Lewis

You're welcome Ben. It is a joy. Now, I want you guys to pull the upset and beat Harpeth on Friday night so I can get really excited on the radio calling it. Go Tigers!