Grace Baptist @ CSAS

WCAballa11

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that mean he was nt recruited??????? He was at Grace/Temple game why? Think about it a minute----

I don't see why it is such a big deal. He wasn't recruited. He pays tuiton. Just drop it. If he was being recruited TSSAA would know and he wouldn't be playing. What is the point in stirring up a rumor that probably isn't true?

if i was a father with a 6' 8 kid and i wanted to find him a christian based school to play for i would go see all these schools play and see the atmosphere of their gym. i have been to 6 or 7 temple grace games, and there is a difference between the two fan bases. to say someone is recruited because they went to a game is rediculous. if that was the case was temple recruiting him also? they were apparently playing in the game as well. crazy talk is all that is.

well they soundly beat grace when dontay was playing you tell us

but to say he is the whole team is way too extreme. yes he is their best player and yes they did beat grace at grace by... a lot. but do you think that grace hasn't gotten any better since then, plus they had a grudge in the first place. this game meant more for grace than it did for csas. csas already proved their point. csas could've won that game friday and to say that they couldn't is stupid. all i'm saying is that there are other key factors to the csas team than dontay.

but to say he is the whole team is way too extreme. yes he is their best player and yes they did beat grace at grace by... a lot. but do you think that grace hasn't gotten any better since then, plus they had a grudge in the first place. this game meant more for grace than it did for csas. csas already proved their point. csas could've won that game friday and to say that they couldn't is stupid. all i'm saying is that there are other key factors to the csas team than dontay.

Your're absolutly correct in saying that CSAS couldv'e won this game without Hampton but you're wrong in saying that this game meant more to Grace. It was important for CSAS to win because 1) it was a home game and 2) it was important for the rest of the team members to know that they could do it without Hampton.

I just think that with a team like CSAS all the peices are important and all have their role. If one of the pieces are missing, people start playing out of position and out of their comfort zone and it takes a while to adjust to the new role. Let's put it like this, If one of the four: Hampton, Cobb, or McCoy, or Townsend was out for an extened time CSAS would still be good but they would not be dominante like they were before Christmas. If McCoy would've been hurt and they were losing then their would be a lot of people on the McCoy bandwagon instead of the Hampton bandwagon. Its just my opinion though...

Your're absolutly correct in saying that CSAS couldv'e won this game without Hampton but you're wrong in saying that this game meant more to Grace. It was important for CSAS to win because 1) it was a home game and 2) it was important for the rest of the team members to know that they could do it without Hampton.

I just think that with a team like CSAS all the peices are important and all have their role. If one of the pieces are missing, people start playing out of position and out of their comfort zone and it takes a while to adjust to the new role. Let's put it like this, If one of the four: Hampton, Cobb, or McCoy, or Townsend was out for an extened time CSAS would still be good but they would not be dominante like they were before Christmas. If McCoy would've been hurt and they were losing then their would be a lot of people on the McCoy bandwagon instead of the Hampton bandwagon. Its just my opinion though...

i agree to an extent about the mccoy bandwagon thing. but i see what you're saying. i'm just tired of listening to both the grace fans about how they are now the better team and csas fans saying that they couldn't win without dontay. that's all i'm saying.

Finally, someone makes some sense. I have been reading these posts and it sounds like Junglelove is saying that they could have won that game if they really wanted to. Who in the world would believe that those CSAS boys did not care about winning the game and you, Alex, have hit the head of the nail. Those CSAS boys probably hurt their chances of beating Grace that night because they tried too hard to prove they could do it without Dontay. I have never heard of any team not trying to win every game. Yeah, if you guys had been playing Lookout Valley or Copper Basin, you might have yawned a little but there is not way anyone with any sense is going to believe that CSAS did not do everything within their power to win against Grace.

And do not forget, I said in the very beginning that we all expected CSAS to come out of the gates hard. All the other basketball teams were still making the adjustment from football. It is no surprise to anyone for CSAS to lose a few games, with or without Dontay, later in the season because other teams are still working to arrive at the same chemistry CSAS started off the season with.

i agree to an extent about the mccoy bandwagon thing. but i see what you're saying. i'm just tired of listening to both the grace fans about how they are now the better team and csas fans saying that they couldn't win without dontay. that's all i'm saying.

I read all the post and I don't recall a single Grace person say they are now better than CSAS. Yes they won the game so for that game they were the better team. Yes Hampton was out so that naturally leaves some doubt, but as one person stated Grace is better than the first game largely due to the fact that Patrick while he did play was not healed from his ankle injury. The bottom line is this, if both teams are healthy when and if they play again it will be a great game and we will all have a better picture of who the better team is. Good luck to both schools.

Finally, someone makes some sense. I have been reading these posts and it sounds like Junglelove is saying that they could have won that game if they really wanted to. Who in the world would believe that those CSAS boys did not care about winning the game and you, Alex, have hit the head of the nail. Those CSAS boys probably hurt their chances of beating Grace that night because they tried too hard to prove they could do it without Dontay. I have never heard of any team not trying to win every game. Yeah, if you guys had been playing Lookout Valley or Copper Basin, you might have yawned a little but there is not way anyone with any sense is going to believe that CSAS did not do everything within their power to win against Grace. And do not forget, I said in the very beginning that we all expected CSAS to come out of the gates hard. All the other basketball teams were still making the adjustment from football. It is no surprise to anyone for CSAS to lose a few games, with or without Dontay, later in the season because other teams are still working to arrive at the same chemistry CSAS started off the season with.

i wasn't blaming the players. if you read in the earlier posts i clearly state that the coaches weren't in the game. it seemed that dragoo played the wrong players at the wrong time.

I read all the post and I don't recall a single Grace person say they are now better than CSAS. Yes they won the game so for that game they were the better team. Yes Hampton was out so that naturally leaves some doubt, but as one person stated Grace is better than the first game largely due to the fact that Patrick while he did play was not healed from his ankle injury. The bottom line is this, if both teams are healthy when and if they play again it will be a great game and we will all have a better picture of who the better team is. Good luck to both schools.

one guy did earlier. i would quote it but i'm too lazy to find it.