OAKDALE BEATS WARTBURG!

superdaveosborne

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst officiating I've ever seen! Fouls -13 to Oakdale's 4. It's hard for a team of 5 to beat a team of 8!! See ya in Feb!!!!!!

The officiating was not bad enough to take an 18 point lead away from you. I am certainly happy for all the wartburg program has accomplished, but it is pretty clear that they have not reloaded this year. It looks to me that they are in all out rebuilding mode. Just accept that your little trip to the boro is over and it's time to start learning how to win again. Good teams hold leads of 18 against teams with lesser ability. Refs or not!

I would not want to play a Joe Layne team come tournament time reguardless of the talent level he has. and this year Rebuilding for Wartburg? Ask Greenback, Unaka, and Sunbright. I dont see Coacht Layne letting his boys lose focus again like they did friday night. I'm sure they'll pay for the lack of focus they showed.

The lose that Greenback had to wartburg should've never happened. I think the boys went in with the attitude they had that game won and it came back to bite them. Hopefully they learned their lesson.

Congrats Oakdale!!! You boys played good all four quarters!! Way to never give up. And to the Wartburg fans that are complaining about the refs, you didn't watch the same two games we watched. During the girls game Oakdale got all the calls their way the first half and Wartburg got them the second half. Then during the boys game Wartburg got all the calls the first half and Oakdale got the calls the second half. And if you all think that they weren't fouling I would love to see the way you all yell at the refs at the other gyms!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

In the first half of the girls game the Oakdale girls got all the calls and in the second they called it pretty even! Don't make it like the refs were any good in boys or girls games!!! The people that are complaining about the contact at the end of the girls game were not dealing with facts. Wartburg wasn't even in the bonus!

Wartburg boys were not fouling at the same rate they were being called. The Oakdale boys got that one handed to them!

In the first half of the girls game the Oakdale girls got all the calls and in the second they called it pretty even! Don't make it like the refs were any good in boys or girls games!!! The people that are complaining about the contact at the end of the girls game were not dealing with facts. Wartburg wasn't even in the bonus!

Wartburg boys were not fouling at the same rate they were being called. The Oakdale boys got that one handed to them!

You didn't see the wartburg girls tackle Korin at the end of the game?? And when you run down the court with a player on your body,and slapping at the ball at all the gyms I have ever been to that is a foul. And Oakdale was called for over 10 fouls in the second half. You all just don't want to admit that your boys were out played the second half by our boys!!!

I've seen Wartburg play a few times this year and it wouldn't surprise me if the foul total was heavy on their side. They are very aggressive and they do make a lot of contact with the dribbler and shooter. One game I saw 3 players foul out.

But on the other hand, they have played that way for a while. It makes them good, but on some nights, the refs won't allow that much!

Wartburg always has more fouls than the othe team. That's just the way they play. It's playing aggressive and fast paced and its the most fun way to play the game and it works most of the time. However, in the game friday night, Wartburg made too many STUPID fouls. There's a difference in playing aggressive and playing reckless. It's a fine line and the Wartburg team this year has not learned how to attack under control at either end of the floor. Offense hurt them as much as anything friday. But, they should be ready come tournament time.