Baylor Vs. McCallie

allsaints

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the blue boys are already conceding they will not field a full team and therefore have no hope of providing a competitive match, can we assume they won't be charging admission? I know these shools add sports (fencing, lacrosse, crew, etc) programs to service the interests of their student body. Is McC considering dropping wrestling to add a sport that will draw more participation from their current students?

Tim,

I think about everyone except you is over the Manley family drama. What's done is done. You made your move and have a son wearing red, good for you. The chair incident is nearly half a decade old, and the only thing anyone remembers is what a jerk you made out of yourself. At the end of the day, we all know why you are still mad, and no one cares any more.

That being said, you continue to make this whole thing personal so congratulations, mission accomplished. As far as admission goes, I'd happily pay you the ticket price to stay at home. After you left the McCallie Wrestling community, we did contemplate dropping the program for a short time, thinking there would be no way in which the program would survive without your support. However we quickly realized that dropping the wrestling program at McCallie would leave you nothing to complain about.

I think you should be less concerned about what sports McCallie adds/drops and more concerned that we don't "Screw" another one of your sons out of another state title... again. Word has it that McCallie has a tough 112 pounder in their line up too. No weight class excuses this time Tim.

Once again you have managed to over shadow your son's talent with thoughtless actions and comments.

JMF

Tim,

I think about everyone except you is over the Manley family drama. What's done is done. You made your move and have a son wearing red, good for you. The chair incident is nearly half a decade old, and the only thing anyone remembers is what a jerk you made out of yourself. At the end of the day, we all know why you are still mad, and no one cares any more.

That being said, you continue to make this whole thing personal so congratulations, mission accomplished. As far as admission goes, I'd happily pay you the ticket price to stay at home. After you left the McCallie Wrestling community, we did contemplate dropping the program for a short time, thinking there would be no way in which the program would survive without your support. However we quickly realized that dropping the wrestling program at McCallie would leave you nothing to complain about.

I think you should be less concerned about what sports McCallie adds/drops and more concerned that we don't "Screw" another one of your sons out of another state title... again. Word has it that McCallie has a tough 112 pounder in their line up too. No weight class excuses this time Tim.

Once again you have managed to over shadow your son's talent with thoughtless actions and comments.

JMF

I think that??™s about the coldest thing I have ever read in my life. You might want to reconsider the roles of ??

Wow. GoIowa or JMF, you look like the jerk to me. I'm not a doctor, but I'm prescribing either a sense of humor transplant for you or some alone time at Leonard's, Yesterday's, the Brass Register, the Frosty Mug, the Varsity - take your pick.

It was all meant to be in good fun. I assure you.

Jdad, you were right about McCallie middle and they are very solid! They put on a great show tonight, and Baylor failed to answer the call. If that group can stick with it, Baylor will have their hands full in a couple years.

Great job McCallie!

CC

That's right. 4 or 5 of those Baylor starters will be Juniors then.

WOW!! You guys from Chatt-town make us middle Tennesseans look like kindergardeners still trying to walk in a straight line to the lunch room with our index fingers over our mouths saying "ssshhhhh". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tim,

JMF

Not sure why someone would say these things about someone over a comment meant to be humorous, unless there is something more that is not being said, typically jealousy

I have been around Tim now for three years, a lot this last year, and have never once heard him bring up the subject of the "chair incident", he has spoken about McCallie and I think it is with some sorrow in his voice, he and his family are now at Baylor and are a big part of the Baylor community and I am grateful they are here. Baylor is not perfect, McCallie is not perfect, no school system is perfect. Though I can say this with 100% conviction, Baylor is a better place because the Manley's are there.

In regards to dropping the wrestling program at McCallie, from what I saw last night at the Soddy/McCallie match they are very close! The coach was even MIA!

McCallie's 112 pounder will have his hands full, because rather than concentrate on a single wrestler or a single match or beating a single school, Baylor concentrates on improving each individual wrestler every practice, eery match every day and part of this improvement is because of Tim Manley. While Tim works extra with his own son, he also works extra with any Baylor wrestler, the only thing they have to do is ask! In fact, not just Baylor wrestlers, but any wrestler that wants to improve, work on a specific area or just roll around, this wrestler can be any age from any school, he just has to ask and show an interest. There is no doubt in my mind that if a McCallie wrestler called Tim and asked if he work with him, Tim would gladly spend the time with that young man!

Alex Manley stands on his own two feet, there is nothing that anyone can do to overshadow what a great wrestler and fine young man he is, the last comment was the most ignorant of all the comments you made!

An apology would be appropriate.