Baylor Vs. McCallie

allsaints

Do you realize how much courage it takes to step out in an environment like Baylor/McCallie at such a young age?

Agreed, and the Westbrooks boy may have lots of guts and a desire to fight in that environment. But unless Big Blue's coaches have been infused with a sudden perception of the essential nature or meaning of competition, there won't be anyone from McCallie at 103 on Friday night.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, and the Westbrooks boy may have lots of guts and a desire to fight in that environment. But unless Big Blue's coaches have been infused with a sudden perception of the essential nature or meaning of competition, there won't be anyone from McCallie at 103 on Friday night.

Young Tim Westbrooks will indeed be wrestling Fri nite. He was given the option and this tough young man said that he would love the opportunity to compete for his school. I think he realizes who and what he is in for, but as long as I have known Timmy, I have always been proud of his fight and heart.

bcb iii /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

"Guys"-

Let me say this. My earlier post was probably out of hand, just the way I felt about the post I responded to to begin with. I apologize for what I said but in some ways I was right. I think everyone on here can agree that it is the worst feeling in the world going in to this big rivalry with absolutely no chance. In past years, at some point Baylor may have had an edge, but the Blue never gave up hope in thinking they could pull it off. (I think we all remember 2 years ago when McCallie was thoroughly embarassed at their place on alumni weekend, and came right back at State Duals and beat the Red team by just as much as they were beaten by in the dual) This year it's different. Giving up 4 possible forfeits, definitely being outmanned in most of the match-ups, it's not fun going into a match like this knowing you're going to get you butts handed to you. It's hard to be a program that has always been in the hunt for things, always a power in the sport, and not even be ranked in any poll all year round and to get beat by teams you demolished a year ago. Having said all that, it just seems sad that you Red fans can continue to kick a dog, not even when he's down, but when it's obvious he's not getting back up anytime soon. I think you can understand the frustration in reading your posts lately.

I know this is coacht and I know everyone getss on here with their sarcasm and their jokes and their support for their team. I've been involved with this board for sometime now, but it never gets easier to hear people, especially your rival and their little minions on this board, attack and crticize a team in a CLEAR rebuilding year. It just seems kind of tacky...

Good luck to both teams though. There will be a few good match-ups and some good exciting matches to watch, but other than that I'm pretty sure we all know the rest of the outcome. Let up just a little bit boys. It's been a rough year, and obviously your comments aren't very encouraging...

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this whole post too, because you usually do when you're a blue fan on this thing, but I just hope this helps explain some things!

"Guys"-

Let me say this. My earlier post was probably out of hand, just the way I felt about the post I responded to to begin with. I apologize for what I said but in some ways I was right. I think everyone on here can agree that it is the worst feeling in the world going in to this big rivalry with absolutely no chance. In past years, at some point Baylor may have had an edge, but the Blue never gave up hope in thinking they could pull it off. (I think we all remember 2 years ago when McCallie was thoroughly embarassed at their place on alumni weekend, and came right back at State Duals and beat the Red team by just as much as they were beaten by in the dual) This year it's different. Giving up 4 possible forfeits, definitely being outmanned in most of the match-ups, it's not fun going into a match like this knowing you're going to get you butts handed to you. It's hard to be a program that has always been in the hunt for things, always a power in the sport, and not even be ranked in any poll all year round and to get beat by teams you demolished a year ago. Having said all that, it just seems sad that you Red fans can continue to kick a dog, not even when he's down, but when it's obvious he's not getting back up anytime soon. I think you can understand the frustration in reading your posts lately.

I know this is coacht and I know everyone getss on here with their sarcasm and their jokes and their support for their team. I've been involved with this board for sometime now, but it never gets easier to hear people, especially your rival and their little minions on this board, attack and crticize a team in a CLEAR rebuilding year. It just seems kind of tacky...

Good luck to both teams though. There will be a few good match-ups and some good exciting matches to watch, but other than that I'm pretty sure we all know the rest of the outcome. Let up just a little bit boys. It's been a rough year, and obviously your comments aren't very encouraging...

I'm sure I'll get blasted for this whole post too, because you usually do when you're a blue fan on this thing, but I just hope this helps explain some things!

say "uncle".