AC vs. CATHOLIC

jimmy dolan

Didn't Catholic lose to Loudon and Stone Memorial? Fulton is a state tourney team from last year and they beat AC in OT at AC. How can you count them out? Seymour????? Carter also lost to Alcoa! That's a little embarassing.

Catholic lost to Stone and Loudon by 2 points. At Loudon Eller had a tip in at the buzzer to win 52-50, and at Stone Catholic missed a game tying shot at the buzzer. Both games were physical and hard fought. Stone is at Catholic next week and Loudon comes to Catholic in February. However, Anderson is still the team to beat and they are a very talented team.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep your right.........you don't know much.

carter beat ac and ac is winning thier district so as I said if carter was in ac district they would probably be winning it, instead they are in a tough district with fulton and ae. on any given night anyone can win but what i hear catholic is a one man team--the walden kid just passes it alot cause he is unselfish so others have good nights. he needs to shoot more, cause it sounds like he scored when he wanted to at ac, and maybe catholic would be sitting on top of district after winning tuesday.

It also sounds like froM hoopsguru ac could be undefeated if they played harder cause they are the most talented team in the region. again what do I know

GO RED STORM

carter beat ac and ac is winning thier district so as I said if carter was in ac district they would probably be winning it, instead they are in a tough district with fulton and ae. on any given night anyone can win but what i hear catholic is a one man team--the walden kid just passes it alot cause he is unselfish so others have good nights. he needs to shoot more, cause it sounds like he scored when he wanted to at ac, and maybe catholic would be sitting on top of district after winning tuesday.

It also sounds like froM hoopsguru ac could be undefeated if they played harder cause they are the most talented team in the region. again what do I know

GO RED STORM

Loudon split with A-E, and they(A-E) are undefeated in your district. So does that mean that Loudon would win your district? Carter did beat AC but that was in November, I don't think Carter has won a postseason game since Darden left. This their first 10-win basketball season in like 8 years.

GO RED STORM

Carter has the POTENTIAL/TALENT to be the top team in either district. Carter also beat AC before 3 or 4 of their starters were back from football or had just a few days of practice. AC helped Carter get an earlier jump on them by sending them home in the first round of the football playoffs. How could a team as physically loaded as Carter lose to a bad Alcoa team??? Could Carter win this district....absolutely but could they not make it into regional play....absolutely. AC, Stone, Loudon and Catholic could reasonably finish ahead of Carter. These are the same teams that have beaten AE and lost to Fulton and Powell in the final seconds.

Walden is a very unselfish player that is playing the game the right way but he does need to step it up from a scoring standpoint for the Irish to finish strong. He's scoring better lately with games of 23 and 20. He's been doing a good job on the boards, defensively, and assists. Part of the scoring increase comes from taking shots now that he was giving to other players earlier. There have been several games where he wasn't getting the ball when he had open looks and others were forcing shots. Poor FT shooting has cost the Irish 3 games.

I think that AC truly is the most talented team in their district. They were last year also. Take nothing away from Loudon (the eventual district champs), but the most talent is at AC. They have greatly underachieved, but have plenty of time to turn things back in their favor from last year to this year...as does Catholic, Stone and Loudon. It should be a great run to the finish line. As for the region...Fulton is very well coached and plays to potential in my opinion. AE and Carter have outstanding talent but their coaching is fair at best. Good luck to all.

Topic took kind of a quick jump across district lines. Carter is a very talented group of individuals. Key word being individuals. Tough to finish at the top when everybody is worried about getting theirs. 1-5 they are right with Fulton and AE but without the teamwork and winning tradition. They have all the pieces with a big man in Meady, a good PG in Caldwell, a shooter in Stanton, a tough inside presence in Wells and Hayes, and a potential stud in Wilson. But, they don't seem to be able to play together. Bigdawg is right they could finish anywhere from 1st to 5th in our district.

AC is the top team in the district but they can be beat. Put Catholic, Stone and Loudon in a dead heat for 2nd. Stone has a slight edge but still must travel to Loudon and Catholic where it's tough to win. Irish took a step forward beating AC and needs to hold home court advantage the rest of the way after letting 2 get away at Loudon and Stone.

Carter has the POTENTIAL/TALENT to be the top team in either district. Carter also beat AC before 3 or 4 of their starters were back from football or had just a few days of practice. AC helped Carter get an earlier jump on them by sending them home in the first round of the football playoffs. How could a team as physically loaded as Carter lose to a bad Alcoa team??? Could Carter win this district....absolutely but could they not make it into regional play....absolutely. AC, Stone, Loudon and Catholic could reasonably finish ahead of Carter. These are the same teams that have beaten AE and lost to Fulton and Powell in the final seconds.

Walden is a very unselfish player that is playing the game the right way but he does need to step it up from a scoring standpoint for the Irish to finish strong. He's scoring better lately with games of 23 and 20. He's been doing a good job on the boards, defensively, and assists. Part of the scoring increase comes from taking shots now that he was giving to other players earlier. There have been several games where he wasn't getting the ball when he had open looks and others were forcing shots. Poor FT shooting has cost the Irish 3 games.

Carter is an improved team and I think their chemistry this year seems better than last year.

Topic took kind of a quick jump across district lines. Carter is a very talented group of individuals. Key word being individuals. Tough to finish at the top when everybody is worried about getting theirs. 1-5 they are right with Fulton and AE but without the teamwork and winning tradition. They have all the pieces with a big man in Meady, a good PG in Caldwell, a shooter in Stanton, a tough inside presence in Wells and Hayes, and a potential stud in Wilson. But, they don't seem to be able to play together. Bigdawg is right they could finish anywhere from 1st to 5th in our district.

AC is the top team in the district but they can be beat. Put Catholic, Stone and Loudon in a dead heat for 2nd. Stone has a slight edge but still must travel to Loudon and Catholic where it's tough to win. Irish took a step forward beating AC and needs to hold home court advantage the rest of the way after letting 2 get away at Loudon and Stone.

Stone has already been to loudon and won...They have to travel to Catholic and they have loudon at home...it should be a great end to the season